Announcing Kingdom of Thrones, the newest game from Kano/Apps!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hello Awesome Kano/Apps Players,

We need your help! About 6 months ago, we created a small but hard-working task force to work on a new game title, Kingdom of Thrones. We are close to completing beta testing and have quietly released KoT on Facebook to get things going.

We are about to make a major marketing push to get the game out in the wild. Before we do that, we wanted to let our dedicated and loyal players have a crack at the game so that you guys can give us valuable feedback on what you think about it. We're incredibly excited about Kingdom of Thrones and we know, with your help, we can make it another awesome Kano/Apps game that people want to play.

What can you do to help?

First off, please like our App Page (https://www.facebook.com/kingdomofthrones), and ask your friends to do the same!

Next, check out the game! http://apps.facebook.com/kingdomofthrones?t_1=forum&t_2=lcnfeedback For those of you who don't currently have a Facebook account, we're only releasing to Facebook right now, but what better reason to finally sign up for a FB account?

Finally, hit us up with feedback at http://community.kanoapps.com/kingdomofthrones and let us know what you think! You will have to sign up for a forum account to do so (it's a new forum platform), but you can do so using FB connect, which makes it quick and easy!

We're extremely stoked that we're finally able to share what we've been working on with you all, and we're even more stoked to hear what you think, so go for it!

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I understand , the bit about the new game not working well, I looked at it , it also reminds me a bit of farmville,castle age and I did do some battles one day so there it reminded me of war commander and or battle pirates , a bit, but I also want to point out that VC is not the only Kano game there are three others not counting this New one :)

3. Wonder Bread

@Jerome We are still looking to improve Kingdom of Thrones, and we appreciate you giving it a shot. The game does have a reasonable amount of resource gathering in it, however the battle system is also pretty neat once you get into it.

As for VC and our other games, we have every intention of maintaining them. We are still a small Indie team, although we've grown quite a bit in the last year to develop KoT while not taking away from other games.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ok need to know what the INTRO is, how to get thru it ,there is no info anywhere that I can find that even mentions the INTRO, almost everything is locked until I take care of the INTRO and I have no idea what it is or what is needed.:(

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Can you change your name?

When you battle one of the castle things, a pop up keeps showing every few clicks saying you won and you have to click on continue to battle and then click on something else and then something else... all this needs to go. I don't see why this keeps popping up slowing things down even more. Have a side bar or something where you can ask for help or click to see the info in the pop up but having it pop up a good 10 times while i was trying to kill them and making me click all the boxes to get back to the fight is just not cool.

Also it is a pain having to pull my mouse or wheel down so i can scroll things. I would probably take the time to stop and read them if i could click on the scroll thingy and pull it down as i go.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I finally figured out and am on the move :p

7. Loren

Loren Administrator

@Linda, thank you for being so diligent you helped us to undercover am issue with the intro flow. We pushed out a fix for it this morning.

@Jerome, yes we have a spec for allowing players to 're-roll' their skills for cases like yours. We have not developed it yet, but it is in our queue as we all too see that same need. We would love to get more feedback from you, help us to improve the product. What do you feel are some of the features you like and dislike about the game?

@Relentless, the end of battle is intended to show you the result of what happened. We realized that there may be too much clicking required to perform some of the actions, so have been working to reduce the number of clicks. We will look over the battle flow and find out how to possibly reduce these. The end of round screen works as a summary showing you what happened, possibility might be to include an auto-battle button right on this screen to jump in and attack with a single mouse click.

8. @Loren

One problem I see that needs to be addressed is that I had no clue that I was going to be able to build the Mages and other armies when I placed my skills. Maybe you should disable the skill placement until ALL the availiable armies have been unlocked or built or explain it better in the intro. I normally read very carefully and study things out before making game decisions but I really didn't think I would like the game so I just went through the into like most people will and now I see mistakes that I made that would maybe cripple my game style if I chose to continue.

Things I like: I like the abilty to set the workers on a 24 hour job. Two thumbs up for whoever came up with that.

I like being able to have more than one Hero which may eventually fix my mistakes in the long run.

Waiting for Stam always sucks! But then I have my VC I guess.

You held my attention for 3 days now so that's not bad considering I am very picky over where I spend my time these days.

9. WOW, I almost forgot the number 1 thing I like!

Not having to add friends on FB to forge alliances!!!!!

The BEST feature on a Kano game Ever!

10. SECOND this! The clicking all through the game has issues. Second the scrolling issues.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yo, Jerome lol ya can edit and add your thoughts to your post instead of trolling :p I sent ya a gift lol JK but I gotta agree with alot what you said here :)

12. What would be the best avenue for feedback on the new game as far as minor cleaning up issues and such? Im pretty sure that posting in a thread isn't.

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There is a dedicated forum for Kingdom of Thrones where you can post your feedback.
    http://community.kanoapps.com/kingdomofthrones/

In the absence of signing up for a dif forum I am sure you can leave your feedback here and we will do our best to make sure the KoT devs see it.

14. Wonder Bread

@JG If you're not against making a new forum account, I highly recommend the new forums, as they're on a different platform and are quite cool.

15. Done thanks....

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I tried it myself for like 5 minutes.

Didn't quite get into it.

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

Take out the cheesy mining that feels like a "farm" stiuation.

Trnasfer it from a glitchy flash box to a nice smooth canvas (like some other games I know)

Stabalize the fighting a bit. It seems, certain elements, are just stronger than others, basically making the other ones irrelevent for pvp. And the weakness/strength setup is a little too much. It seems Each element having a particular set of weaknesses and advantages, instead of each warrior having a twist on it.

I could go on for hours. really, There are a lot of things I like about the game.... The Intricacies are great, Id like to see it flatend and put onto a canvas, and I have it all in my head how I would do it, and what would be changed to make it enjoyable, and appealing to your current customers...

but hey, what does it matter... stuff's never going to happen anyway.

18. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Can someone give me a break down of what happens when fighting?

I have never played a game like this and have pretty much just been clicking wherever and having no clue what i'm doing.

I would like to know:
    What are the numbers on the players when we fight?
    When in a fight and it comes up with a pop saying i won, what did i win? the round? cause there not dead.
    When i'm in a fight a yellow arrow will point to one of the enemy players, what does it mean?

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LOL I have no clue either, I just click .

20. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

x2!!!

Ive played for about 2 days and I like there's so much to do but at the same it's a downfall because I've made moves I can't undo and I have no idea how that will effect the future of the game for me. I wish the stamina built faster and I wish there was a way we could set our peasants to auto harvest. (i'm sure that would prevent us from logging in as much, but it's better than timing when I can return to harvest). I find the help topics useful but I still don't quite know what I'm doing. lol Part of the fun I guess.

One main glitch I found is when I try to battle for some reason the link doesn't always work to either auto place my fighters or to hit attack. You have go back to the world map and back in. It's annoying but hopefully a glitch to be fixed as time goes on. My world map that pops out (forgot technical term) also bounces in and out at it's own accord. I also can't figure out if I've just not been attacked or how to find out if I've been attacked.

Great job on the new game Kano. Granted it's early but it made me drag out my second browser and log into my apps. facebook acct. to check into the game this mornig. Might be my next new favorite.