Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Nov 24, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ITs very simple. The arena was designed and implemented for players who like the PVP aspect of the game that battling offered yet found themselves with limited opponents to battle. Kano was also kind enough to accomodate players from diff time zones around the world in an effort to give everyone a fair shot if they chose to actually participate. In addition they offer up free XP simply for entering in an effort to get players to actually participate.

The simple facts are these, if u dont participate/contribute...u are most certainly less deserving of rewards than those that do participate/contribute. Its no bodies fault but YOU and your particular set of circumstances if you cant make it on time or at all. The fact that u started late and got killed shortly after does not merit a reward, you were the one who showed up late, used all your D-stance, refused to get at least 100 hits or all of the above. I dont believe for 1 second that a player cant get the ridiculously low minimum of hits in in before someone takes them out. What it sounds like to me is that some players want a whole lot of something for doing or using as little as possible. That mentality defeats the whole purpose behind the battle arena and Ive zero sympathy for players that think this way, If ya want something for nothing without getting your ass kicked....go do some challeges or play the lotto from your hidden guild, these updates were made for you, not the battle arena.

Kano announced the change in the TGIF did they not? Even had they not , it only affected players that were by n large inactive so who really cares. Now the freeloaders know they must get 100 hits....OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO! This can be done in mere seconds so get over it, In no way shape or form do u deserve to get more than someone that actually takes the time or spends the stamina or bucks

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Actually if you paid attention a compromise was reached i think.

Now if you rank from 100 to 50 with no attacks you get the reward.

If you rank 49 and higher with less than 100 you get reward for rank 50.

It's nobodies fault but the active players that they didnt knock out the inactives for 1 reason or another.

3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

@ Protector ...your right they did reach a compromise .....and had it posted before the start of the last Battle Arena..which was my main gripe...LOL..i accept the change ..actually i think its in the best interest of all players..this thread i guess should of been deleted since the issue has been solved..we arent sturring up old issues......just sayin :cool:

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You can delete the thread if you want , Jen if you opened it you can delete it.

5. polishpimp

I believe I saw that and even commented on it. I thought it was a step in the right direction but a very very little step.

We will most likely never agree about the whole inactive vs active thing, but all one has to do is go back and read Kanos posts on what the arena was supposed to be all about and who its target audience was, Im posative they said nothing about hoping the majority of players would be inactive and only joining for the free XP while having a better shot at ranking higher than the players who the actually partipate/contribute of which the arena was actually implemented for

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Remove the free exp then...remove that might deter joining

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

ive suggested this in other threads when it first started, if you actually play theres TONS of exp to be had. i dont even play it seriously anymore, i just beat down the highest people i can find then let a friend get my kill reward...i just cant stand saving my fps up for it, id rather hit good bosses haha

8. polishpimp

hmmmmmm.......See anything wrong with the arena now? yeah....me neither, everything is back to the way it should be. Your welcome for us taking a break and allowing u to perform better than usual. BTW, very manly of you not revealing your name other than when u have done well, castrated much? MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE PIMPS! roflmao

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nice job taking that kill I was workin on :)

Was a big one too...over 1 bill...didn't even have to click to know it was you that took it..

Oh well..at least I revealed myself lol

10. polishpimp

oooops...lol. I was def going about things a diff way this past arena, normally I let some of my rivals live awhile so they can help thin the herd, but once they started talking smack I wanted to make sure I killed them all early.

I will Def give you props, as well as a couple of players from KAOS, regardless of where u rank you usally reveal yourself, not just when u do well

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yeah if ya looked at pc arena when i got knocked out..revealed there too...oh well it is what it is...think it was elias(whatever)that you stole from me but again is what it is.

Just knew it was over once FROM THE PIMPS started hitting me...oh well though.

Maybe next time get lucky and get both of ya over on VC.........in a million years.

12. polishpimp

lol...ya never know. We kinda had to win this time, "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and "FROM THE PIMPS" wouldnt have looked as good had we finished anything but 1 n 2...lol

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i also think its sad that people can brag and only reveal themselves IF they finish high enough to feel good about themselves lolol anybody over 5k can do the same if they truly want to and have the right strategy...fact is, not many actually care about where they finish...some of the lower to mid levels get excited when they finish in the top 50 or higher but thats about it haha get over yourself ya dork

14. Doug1202

Doug1202 New Member

can any one tell me whats the benefit of the arena? i try to play it but to get 115 xp every hit not woth it but muybe im missing something

15. polishpimp

I think its important to first understand why The "arena" came to be in the first place. The root of all these games is the battle aspect, as the games grew and expanded into other areas though...a significant segment of the player population became hooked on the softer sides of the games and the PVP aspect soured for a lot of players. This combined with a shrinking rival page for many players at diff levels but predominantly at the higher levels left another significant segment of the player population unsatisfied. So Kano developed the arena with the PVP minded players in mind as a way to quench their thirst for the battle aspect. What the arena has to offer these players is an almost limitless rival page of players they can battle without having to heal or be restricted as they are by limits in the regular game. Although the XP isnt the greatest, much like the regular game it differs depending on how you match up against your opponent. So even though the XP may not be the greatest you still have much more opportunity to gain XP than u do in the regular game through volume and availability, that why you will see many players that enjoy a lil success in the arena gain a boat load of levels while in there. Battle drops are also awarded in the arena and there is always the chance with a lil luck, sound strategy or both that a player might rank and earn some additional rewards. In no way is it a perfect system and there are lots of things about the arena that players disagree on, but in the end its another option available to all of us, and for the price of admission and the fact that it has no affect on ones regular game....its not really all that bad a deal.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  16. Doug1202

Doug1202 New Member

yes it does im going to give it another shot and see but still not all the way there you know better that any one that if you find a player with an equal profile you can get from 250 to 300 xp it would be nice if they go up a little more on the arena and thanks POLISH have a good one

17. polishpimp

Your welcome, Good luck!

Just remember not to get discouraged, not sure what level you are but the arena can be more difficult the lower the level you are or how you built your account. But there is strategy involved that can some times increase your chances such as using your Defensive stance appropriately, team work, restraint, patience and knowing how to move around the arena without stepping on to many high leveled toes. A lot of players have found limited success by simply remaining inactive for the most part, I dont prefer this style and personally dont think it merits a reward of any type, not to mention theres no levels to be gained, fun or bragging rights to be had. But if u do go this route remember you'll at least want to get 100 attacks in before 6 hours or you will lose 15% of your health and become ineligible to reward in the top 50. In the end its free so why the heck not, regardless of how you do you'll at least get some XP and learn what you need to do to make you more competitive in future arenas if succeeding at it is a goal

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  18. Toker

Toker Member

Isnt the whole point of a battle arena in its name itself? Battle. Why should anyone be rewarded for not Battling? This is whats wrong with the world, people EXPECT rewards for typing in their name. Thanks for coming up with a witty arena name But that shouldnt qualify you for a high ranking. Ive placed high in the arena and extremly low in the arena. And nothing is worse than Having 10,000 attacks 11 kills and get knocked out 105 and to see 50 people ahead of you that basically hid in the corner all day. If you can not make the arena time, your loss, I cant make them all either but your not gonna see me crying about it if my reward says 0 for my 0 percent particiapation.

19. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

The thing I have noticed about the Battle Arena is the number of Pirates that join is always around the same amount, usually in the 800’s to 900’s. The issue I see is when you click on the “Refresh” tab for a new set of players to attack it always stays with the same people unless someone has been killed and then a new name will show. If there are that many people battling why when you hit the Refresh tab would we not get to always see new names?