[Other] If under level 300 and out of XP range, disable ability to List high level players

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Smack, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Because ................

High level players are unable to freely List anyone below level 300 however low level players have no restriction going the other way. This has led to some issues with new players (alts sometimes) to harass those above them with little repercussion.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Last time Kano tried,300 was a low level.

It got shot down when Kano did it last time,chances are good it will again.

Fyi Kano had tried raising it to level 500 when it was shot down.

Not that big of a difference at all but its the principle behind it.

Why give new players a unfair edge over the players that were there from beginning?

Everyone went though being listed at level 300.

Why give newer plays a free pass till later on?

That's a slap to all the players that joined from the beginning.

A stinging slap actually.

3. Wiccan Wizard

Wiccan Wizard New Member

Lower levels attack higher levels.

I agree with your plan, and also with the idea that levels 300 and lower can not punch, attack, etc. The main problems I see is that these are usually alt accounts and they usually strike once or twice a day. When you go to retaliate they are usually in the hospital and will stay their for hours. Love the idea though.

Wiccan Wizard
    Blessed Be

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

Because level 300 is outdated. Its not as much of a rank as it used to be.

it doesnt take as long to reach 300 anymore either.

I got to level 300 on facebook in the time that it took me to get to level 50 on myspace way back when.

The amount of players with a rediculous shadow over a level 300 is a lot greater too.

When 300 was put in place there was what??? 10 level 1000s? at the most. Now there is thousands of players over that.

Its not comparable at all.

For a guy that calls himself "the protector" you seem to be cool with someone putting up 100s of bounties on 3 hours income.

The problem is not with the rules, it with the players that dont have any coots about them.

if it was up to 1,000 at least they would have a chance at hunting enough money to set traps on the high level players.

I see it as a "must do" If you stop littles from listing higher level players or punching them, The threshold needs to be raised.

Its not like all the alts are level 300 or less anyway. most alts get that high in a week or less.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well Eraser no one tells anyone to level quickly.

If ya level quickly its your own fault.

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

What is the big deal? How many times can someone under level 300 actually afford to list someone? How is this an actual problem going on? I'm a cheap price tag and this hasn't happened to me. It's not a slap in the face to the higher level players, but it's a slap in the face to the lower ones if you tell them that they can't list someone who's been punching them every hour on the hour just for saying "hello" on world chat.

7. So what

So what Member

Gave it a 10 too often on hitlist the amount of levels 50 and below attacking
    With their protection ...I know it's an alt user not in their correct account.....

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If someone under level 300 or with a 30 day protection ends up on my rival list I want to have the ability to retaliate if I choose to and not be limited to what I can do, regardless of their ability or the crap xp they give.

9. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!
    This is just another good example of weighting the game in favor of high level players.
    If they can't take the heat maybe they should get out the kitchen. I mean really... really?
    Why not just start everyone out at level 1,000, whats all the upper level cry babys gonna whine about than huh? "OMG!!! I was hitlisted by a level 1000!!! Can you believe the nerve, I'm bigger than they are, they have NO RIGHT!!!"
    I swear to my God, I have never heard such a bunch of fecal matter and form the developers at that. Maybe if we stop trying to cater the game to the upper level cry babys and stop training the lower levels to become a bunch of cry babys (protection period *pfft*) maybe we could focus on how to keep players from quitting the game before they ever reach a level high enough to populate my fight list.

Sincerely Disappointed
    Midnight Special TLPC
    Level 1011 Machinist
    Joined 738 days ago

10. Aman Mister Bacon LOL
    Lets just turn what was once an excellent fighting game into another lame boss/mission game.
    I know that if when I started ZS I wasn't allowed to hitlist, hunt, punch, attack, ect, ect until I reached level 300 I would have never stuck around to see level 300.
    It really seems like a great idea to allow upper level players and their little PK groups to punch away because some little feller hitlist attacked them giving them a, OMG WHAT, hitlist WIN but not allow that little feller to spend the tiny amount of cash he/she has to hitlist them for being stupid.
    New game strategy, every time someone gives us a fight win we should than in turn kill them for it because by gosh who wants fight wins on their stats page Sheesh!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  11. Inga the Sinister

Inga the Sinister New Member

I rarely make it over to the forums, and when I do, I usually only read and not post... so here goes.

In a way, I agree with some kind of cap that would keep noobs and low level minis only within their XP/level range. This would keep a large portion of the noobs from being bullied by higher players, but it would not prevent the minis from exploiting their lack of level. I think that level 300 is a MORE than fair cap, but in all honesty, I say get rid of it altogether. Heck, when I first started playing VC, there was NO such thing in the first place, it was a free for all.

No matter what level you set for a cap, there is still room for minis to exploit their lack of level. A game I used to play, the cut-off for 'hands off' was level 30.. and many purposefully stayed under this level just to become cash cows. If they punched or listed a higher player, there was a 2 hour window with which to retaliate, however, their bounty doubled, and there was tons of cash transfer going on there-no amount of level or XP limitations are going to keep someone's mini from achieving its purpose.

If you choose to not go with some kind of level cap for lower levels to be able to attack higher levels, at least make it possible for the higher level a fair chance at retaliation. I mean, if someone goes to punch me, they had better pray they are expensive, because I plan to target if allowed.. anyone low that is silly enough to reach out of their range, go for it. You deserve each and every beat down that you get.

12. Brava, well said..........................

13. Joey Mele

Joey Mele Member

How about if a player that is sub level 300 lists a higher level player, for 24 hours their protection is lifted against that particular slayer? I don't mind players below level 300 listing me. I doubt there is one that can afford to list me. But take away their protection. That's an excellent deterrent.

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Whats the difference between a level 299 and a level 301? Nothing except for the fact that the level 301 can be listed by everyone.

No i don't like this idea at all. Shouldn't be trying to stop low levels from playing and i think it's unfair to post this on the forum where most people are long time players so they are going to be in the higher level votes.

Your pretty much allowing for those under level 300 to be punch killed none stop and they wont be able to list those who have killed them.

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yupp, its pretty much the only revenge that a lower level can get other than an ambush.

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

You know what other BS has been changed?

When I was a lower level, a punch kill didnt count as a kill, Higher levels could continue attacking me after a kill, as long as it was by a punch. That changed.

When I was a lower level, there where no such thing as a hidden fation, Just because I wanted to join a certain group, it lead me to being listed by higher level players, That changed.

When i was a lower level, an if I put an ambushes showed you on somones rivals, that changed.

Giving somone the ability to hitlist another player enough to set max negative, everyday, meanwhile, the listed player hasnt even accumulated enough cash to boobytrap that listing player more than a time or two, is Bull.

anyone with sand in thier short is just upset that they cant do the same thing that was done to them. Its got to stop somewhere. Most players, quit in those ranks. because they cannot progress.

as I said before. Its not a problem with the rules. Its a problem with the players. Its not that many people that do it, because they know its bs, but the ones who do. Take it far too extreme.

Dxxx xx txx XXXd

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

As I'm attempting to prove in fb viking where i just made level 900,chainlisting does NOT deter playing.

I'm trying my hardest to make my income 0 there(can't sell all rule thanks to kano's bogus change so little by little getting upkeep way up there)

All to prove a point that chainlisting doesn't deter gameplay no matter how many times listed.

I was listed like 47x then Kel listed me more times....81x in total i was listed.

Did that stop me from playing?Not at all..

And yes I was in max negative and leveled up nicely since then.

Anyone not able to withstand being chainlisted really is playing the wrong games as these are fighting games.

And fyi I was hoping to be listed ALOT more than what I was.

I made a challenge in another thread somewhere here saying I'd heal up all night.

But they all gave up after 47 listings..and I was just warming up.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  18. Eraser

Eraser Member

Max negative one time? big whoop.

Getting stalked? max negative 3 and 4 days in a row?

Yeah. They quit.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well no one wants to list me there anymore.

They chickened out cause I really won't quit.

If you wanna list me on fb vikings I welcome it.

I posted in world chat..Reverend ZEDS Marquis.

Or it might now show up as "Bounty me please chainlisting dont stop gameplay"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Your not a new player. I have said to others and i will say it again now, no one wants to list people who want to be listed. They want to list people where they know it's going to put a bump in their game so they can't play how they want to. You were listed 81 times? Big woop. I've been listed 150 times one day and then 100 times again as soon as i reset. I've seen others get to just over level 300 and they were listed to the point no one would pay the price to keep them going. When i first hit level 300 there was no one 5 -10 my level and back then there was also less money, so even though people were chain listing newbies it was nothing like you can get today.

It is already hard for newer players because as soon as they start sending out friend requests to higher level players they become an assumed alt and god forbid they play well because then they get kept dead while people try to work out who they belong to. Change is very much needed. If it was put in that anyone under level 300 couldn't list up it would have to be put in that anyone over 300 couldn't punch down that far either. Not that that is much of a consolation.