VC On mobile devices like Ipad

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Robert Cornwell, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Robert Cornwell

Robert Cornwell New Member

Hi All,
    I am a frequent player and mostly use the ipad for play.
    This has recently been upgraded so that I cannot play on the normal internet version but now must play on the mobile version.
    I really don't like this version of the game, gifts collected and not be returned in the same manner as with the normal version.
    It is also very clunky and sometime much slower then the full internet version.

This is really going to damage my playing time!!

Anyone know os a work around when playing with a mobile device?
    Cheers
    Asgard

2. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We are constantly working on the mobile version of our games to make them a more robust experience and easier to use. We do realize, however, that some players, especially those using larger devices like tablets, prefer the web version of the game.

Although we're recently run into a problem with the link to the full game from the mobile game, you can still access the full game by going to fb.kanogames.com/vikingclan

We recommend bookmarking that address to your homepage for easy accessibility. Hopefully this helps!

3. Mike Dragonetti

Mike Dragonetti New Member

So if I wanted to, I could play this on my iPod or something like that? Awesome!

4. Robert Cornwell

Robert Cornwell New Member

Thank you for your prompt feedback and giving me a way back into the game on a mobile platform.
    Cheers
    Asgard :)

5. Jack Beer

Jack Beer New Member

iphone app not good enough

Totally agree about the app version, I'm having the same issue on my iphone, and it is making me close to stop playing any more. Here is the list of things on the app that need sorting:

- cannot pick up messages, so I cannot join friends bosses when they send me links
    - cannot hit more than a 5 attack on bosses, very annoying on world bosses on last day!
    - I've yet to find how to collect my daily bonus
    - cannot pick up daily boosts
    - request for help (adventures etc) regularly fail to connect to facebook and do not post.
    - I've yet to find the gifts section.
    - I've yet to find how to filter on just adventure help or challenge help, rather than seeing the whole feed?

You have to keep re-selecting the menus to get back to the same page, e.g. you filter on world boss and then select a boss to hit. you then have to refilter on world boss to hit the other active world boss.

Every time I log in the app wants me to load the app on my phone, even though I've loaded it and I'm using it.

The menu bar really gets in the way of scrolling, it flits around the screen when you try to scroll down.

In short, I am not a fan, please sort it out kano!

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you for the feedback Jack. There is some valuable info in there so I very much appreciate you taking the time to articulate it.

As you have noted there are some features not present in our Mobile version that exist in the Web version. We are always looking to make this a more robust experience but getting the time and resources dedicated to do so can be tricky with other projects and commitments we have. I can't give you a time frame when the next round of features will be added to our Mobile version but I can say with certainty that the info provided in this thread will be discussed when we do.

7. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Asgard You're welcome, glad I could help :D

@Jack As I mentioned above, the mobile version of our game is definitely a work in progress, and we realize there are a number of features that are either unavailable or incomplete. To ensure mobile players have access to all the game features, we have an off-site version you can play on your mobile device that will display the web version of the game: fb.kanogames.com/vikingclan

We recommend bookmarking that address to your homepage for easy accessibility. Hopefully this helps!

8. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

may i also add that i have the same issue on ipad and android
    the link has gone on homepage to take you to the offsite version
    so you have to bookmark which is not a problem
    i find playing lcn on android and ipad very slow and jerky and laggs a lot

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The offsite link should be back now as the issue was fixed on Monday.

10. David Walker

David Walker New Member

Looks like the only way to play the game on a mobile device is with the app again. It still has all the same problems that people were complaining about earlier this year. Going to fb.kanogames.com/la_cosa_nostra takes you right into the app. Everything Jack Beer said in his earlier post still applies. The app is a work in progress and it has a LONG way to go.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What kind of mobile device are you using?

I just tried this out on my phone and fb.kanogames.com/la_cosa_nosta should now redirect to www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra and show the non-mobile version of the game. Perhaps try kanoplay link directly? Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

12. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

the link has gone on the mobile homepage which you could click to go to offsite version
    so to avoid getting directed to the mobile version just save the offsite web address and play as normal
    i find that works fine for me

13. David Walker

David Walker New Member

Going direct to the new link worked. I wish they would stay consistent.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This link should remain for the foreseeable future but I understand your frustration. Glad it is now working for you.