[LCN] TGIF... This week in Dev and Community 5/10/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, so I'm looking forward to an eight-hour trip home followed by a turkey dinner or two. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, whether there's turkey in it or not!

Let's take a look at the past week!

World Boss Feed Posts

An update to the Social Feed was released this week which gives World Boss help/collect its own event group aptly called "World Boss".

All existing World Boss help links will no longer show under the "Boss" event group, however any World Boss collect feed items that were published before this change will still show. All new collect feed items will be directed to the World Boss group.

It's worth mentioning that this was a community suggestion that had overwhelming support. Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion/voting!

Player Bans

FB: 2
    MS: 39

As always, we are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use by swinging the banhammer where it needs to be swung. There's been some confusion in the past about these numbers, so let me clarify. The above numbers are the number of accounts we have permanently frozen for violations of our Terms of Use. We also do temporary freezes for less severe violations, although these aren't included above.
    If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Quarterly Newsletter #2!

Back by incredibly popular demand, our second ever Quarterly Newsletter was released last week! There were a few snags with it's release, but everyone who signed up before the newsletter started sending should have received it now.

If you signed up but haven't received it yet, please check your spam/junk folder. If you signed up for the newsletter and still haven't received it, you should see a "Fall 2012 Newsletter!" window on your home screen with a "Resend Email" button. Follow the instructions in that window, and if you still haven't received your newsletter, please contact Support.

There's also a short survey about the forums in the newsletter, so if you're itching to give us some anonymous feedback about your forum experience, go for it!

Facebook Offsite Game Policy Change

Facebook recently announced a change to their policy regarding offsite versions of games on Facebook that will take effect December 5th, 2012. You can read more about it here.

Community Stories

Have you met someone in game that you're now best friends with? Have you done something really important because of some advice another player gave you? Have any other awesome/inspiring/cool stories about an interaction you had with another player through the game? We occasionally hear through Support about players meeting their significant others through the game, or about how they've made lasting friendships, or other awesome stuff, but we've never been able to share it because Support requests are private and we value your privacy. That being said, we do want to share some of the awesome stories we know are out there, so if you have any you'd like to share with the community, please email me at community@kanoapps.com with the title "Community Stories". Stories can by anonymous, but if you'd like to say who you are in game, please mention your game name and what game you play. I'll pick one each week to share in my TGIF post, and I look forward to being able to share these awesome stories with you all! So start sending!

Support Report

Melanie has been incredibly busy this week with an influx of emails, and unfortunately didn't have time to write a support report. I've been helping in Support this week so I thought I'd address a trend I've noticed recently with players making incorrect assumptions about the reasons for action taken on other accounts.

Any action taken on an account is based off of recorded information in our system showing a violation of our Terms of Use, and not solely on complaints, reports, petitions, or other player-based sources of information. We certainly appreciate and encourage players letting us know when they feel another player is violating our Terms of Use, but the report itself isn't evidence of a violation.

I also wanted to clear up some confusion that has shown up in Support and here on the forums. Melanie, aka Aardvark, is not a well-known high-level LCN player. Kano employees don't participate in the higher-levels of the game (I believe the top player in the office is level 300.)

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion we've seen recently.

Joke of the week!

Joke of the week time!

What's it called when you lend money to a bison? A BUFFA-LOAN! <---Highlight for hilarious answer! Click here for the appropriate sound effect.

Well, that's it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/lcn_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/lcn_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/lcn_forum

2. Pit Boss

Pit Boss New Member

Problem with the newsletter. Clicked on the Laser Guided Missile to claim that, and was awarded Energy points automatically. Hadn't decided which points I wanted yet, so I'm not happy that Energy was chosen for me. Might want to check the links for accuracy before sending out the newsletter.

3. Wiccan Wizard

Wiccan Wizard New Member

Laser Guided Missle

I tried to get my loyalty gift, but every time I clicked on it I was sent back to the game with a Welcome Back Message. Then I tried to claim one of the rewards and the same thing happened.

Wiccan Wizard

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

They are aware of that happening, the way I did it was to first pick what I wanted , ener, stam, coins, clicked that and then went back for the gift , and I had no problem so try that next time just in case

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Did you look in inventory to see if you received the gift, it is automatic