One question on arena.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SILENCE i Keell U, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Is the battle arena a free-for-all(every player for themselves) arena, or a team-death-match(people working together)?

2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

A bit of both really, if you can find a team to play with...go for it...even working with just 1 other person can have it's benefits.
    In the latest myspace arena I worked with just 1 other person and we both made it into the top 20 as level 700ish's

If you can't find anyone else to play with it's not the end of the world just try and keep your health above your base level and kill what you can.

3. kayjay

kayjay Guest

yes survival is right unfortunately that the way to go is to team up to get further

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yes Silence its GANG arena.

Every GANG for themselves.

FB has a much better chance of a gang failing though.

But if it were literally the top players all in 1 gang forget it game over.

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

To clarify the other answers, the Battle Arena itself is set up as a free-for-all with no defined teams, however many players find it beneficial to work together to survive longer (similar to the Hunger Games, although with less post-apocalyptic dystopia.)

6. Ok, so I can team up. That's all I wanted to hear(or read in this case). I'll be teaming up for the next battle arena then.

7. Good question to ask. As a "free for all" that would include anything goes, including teaming up to take out serious rivals. Not sure why some have such a hard time with that concept. Since it was indeed intended to be a "free for all" what exactly is supposed to be not allowed???

And, while on that same subject, why would Kano remove one of the tools THEY gave us to fight in the arena, ie, the search option? FREE FOR ALL, people!!!! Adapt or die.

8. alka

alka Banned

I don't agree with teaming up. I've had finishes of 10 in VC and 12 in ZS and top 50 finishes in LCN and PC,while fighting on my own.
    The search option allows Factions to feed off their mates that have joined but not playing. So it's a top up for team members who are getting low on Health, hence the reason some people are fighting to keep the search bar, or their mates accounts will become useless. They'll also use the search to get their gang to attack you if you hit one of their Top Up Accounts!
    If you are a weak player that needs a team mate to level off or you need to hit a team mate to be a top fighter on the Leaderboard, then by all means join a team and become invincible. However, you will always be too far down the pecking order to be allowed to win the Arena, so your just helping those that are unable to win it on their own.

9. clubber

clubber Member

You already knew the answer but still wanted to see if people agree with you by teaming up in THE ARENA... Anyway success in the next arena.

10. I can only speak for myself, Alka, but you are wrong on how I use the search option. I have never done what you have described. The two reasons I use it are to 1.) Help my team take down an extremely high level threat or 2.) Assist a team member or friend under attack by a high level threat.

I hear some people are doing what you describe, but that is a form of cheating in my book. Using alts in that manner I mean. However, I haven't seen those people be successful yet. LOL

11. alka

alka Banned

I have no doubt that you are an honest person and I certainly would not point the finger unless I was stood behind the person performing the cheat.
    However, as the Arena is still in it's infancy I see the cheats perfecting their craft and when they start winning ( and I'm sure there are some finishing around the Top 20 already) it will be too late to stop it in it's tracks. Just look at how long the Faction saga went on before Kano listened, and that's still an ongoing issue with Factions full of "alts"!
    Also, there is still the issue over non playing Faction members passing on their ID for their Faction to benefit.
    Kano should monitor some of these early kills against killer and faction(time permitting).

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Giving members your name in arena shouldn't be illegal.

But using alts already is.

I'm down with removing it entirely as all it does is allow high levels to form a unstoppable gang.

13. alka

alka Banned

Nicknames:
    Upon joining an arena you're asked to submit a nickname, this should be a different name from your regular player name. The arena is constructed to promote attacking and free for all fighting, pre-planned attacks and rivaliries from regular gameplay should be minimized by the use of nicknames. You are allowed to reveal your real game name and link if you choose in your profile view.

It doesn't say you can pass on yer name to Faction members for a free kill using search!

You could have 1 to 100 names of friends who will not be taking part but join to help give you free kills. You will have a good chance of a high finish. That's cheating!!
    Remove "search" and the name passing becomes useless along with the alts.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

But it doesn't say you can't either.

Strategy Tips:
    Attacks
    -Attack your target once to get some insight into their health and profile stats. Depending on their health and how much stamina you have available decide if they are able to be killed or try saving them to your target list for later.
    -Remember any attack on a target will land you in their attack feed for retaliation.
    -The better your attack perk, the more guaranteed minimum damage you'll do to that target.
    -Fight List can be refreshed every 30 seconds to get a new set of targets.
    -Help from a friend is also another good way to counter attack during times of heavy attacks from one attacker.

Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list.
    -Don't waste alot of stamina on multi-attacking one healthy target only to get the kill stolen, a flurry of attacks timed right can result in better kill opportunities.

But removing search is something im all for.

15. I always understood the phrase "free-for-all" as every man for themselves, and when you team up the concept of free-for-all goes out the window. That's my opinion, and I respect yours. We clearly have different concepts of the phrase.

16. When I said teaming up, I never meant to get people to allow me to kill them, in fact I didn't even thought of that. I meant taking out rivals as a team.

17. I completely agree with that.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list.
    -Don't waste alot of stamina on multi-attacking one healthy target only to get the kill stolen, a flurry of attacks timed right can result in better kill opportunities. I can't believe you guys have that in arena under info? So I guess are condoning the search feature.. LMFAO