Faction Bonus Gamer Points

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

*This is a continuation of the Faction Season improvement thread (http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...-competition-and-stability-in-Faction-seasons)

Starting this new season we will add an additional source for Faction Gamer Points through level ups. Using this additional source for GPs we can solve the original tiebreaker issue and reward players throughout the entirety of the season and not just base the season success on a Sunday night login (or whatever timezone has the advantage).

We will be evaluating the level addition and will further evaluate other features in the game that can contribute to points such as boss kills, world boss attacks etc. These types of actions are already throttled themselves by the feature and will provide us with accurate and stable integration points to evaluate on.

*Points View on level up:
    fbonus1.jpg

*Points View on profile
    fbonus2.png

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Nice , about time :) :) :) this will probably make alot of people happy, and also end the constant juggling of armada/guild,faction etc members when someone can't be there in the middle of the night , and those that have had an advantage not so happy . lol

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It says faction and is in ZS section not reg general discussions making me think this is only for ZS and not the other 3.

4. AndeeLee

AndeeLee New Member

Wonderful

I think it is about time their is something done to prevent a lot of the cheating and using of many accounts by one or two players in the time zone to get first place. Great idea and I hope it all can be figured out quickly and easily. :)

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

will be looking forward to how it turns out.... I still dont see it covering the alt/sharing problem but its a good first step. The world boss attacks will be even better!

6. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

Good start glad your starting over last couple of weeks listening to players

7. Thank You Very Much Kano :)

I Can't Wait to see how the First Season Pans out :) :)

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Leveling up is included now.

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

Yes it does as the overall ranking is based on how many Gamer Points your Faction acquires during the season.

10. slave

slave Member

well this is a start, there certainly wont be a tie, and the login faction is out of contention in half a day.

but....this change is significantly favoring the nrg accounts who can level and doesnt do much for your fighter/boss players

so hopefully you can add something in there to offset the nrg levellers, because you have factions that have almost doubled thier gps on one day with leveling....and the day isnt even half over yet...

11. slave

slave Member

well i originally thought that leveling was going to be the tiebreaker, but it appears as though it counts towards actual gps.
    and it has overshadowed regular gps so much and so badly that the orginial set of 16,000 gps, is not going to count as much as leveling is going to be, so this has changed the landscape from one extreme to the other. If you are playing a smaller faction and are not full but level regularly or more than average you will outperform full factions. I am not sure that was the original intent.

we were looking for a better tiebreaker in the case of a tie instead of a login race now we have a level race, again im not sure that is indicative of the top faction.
    the leading faction just over halfway through the day has 362,000 of the original gps and 390,000 bonus?

thus making it if you can level...you can blow out of the water what other people are doing for regular gps. If this is what you want in a contest than it needs to be a level contest with other items uncapped as well. since all you have done is gone from a login race to a level race. again not indicative of a top faction.

a little disappointed, i thought this was going to be used as a tiebreaker, but it doesnt appear that is to be the case.

12. slave

slave Member

in fact the more i think about this, the worse it becomes

leveling has become the singular most important feature in the game, in regards to the faction contest.
    yet people are not that interested in leveling, because as you level you lose your fight list.
    the fighters will be left behind not interested in leveling because the nergy accounts and you know which ones they are, the ones that go from zero to level 1000 in 30 days, will dominate the landscape. you have created incentive for people to make more alt accounts....
    they will scrap the ones they had and now everyones alt will become an nrg leveler to falsely indicate top faction.

we tried to give you good ideas on things that we (as gamers not developers) thought would give a good faction contest, but you wanted was to play lip service to our ideas and you continued on with leveling as being a prime concern when we indicated the problem with leveling is you outpace the game and have no fightlist. Know what problem solved. Introduced leveling as uncapped gps, people will start thier new alts as nrg levelers, they will sky through the game giving their faction tons of exposure at the expense of real players...and then when that nrg account outlevels its usefullness, do you know what will happen? they will scrap that account and start again, every 30-40 days a new nrg leveler will be added to the faction and the other one dumped with no regard to it because it was only used for a purpose, kano will keep that account on the books because it looks like someone else is playing the game and then a new account started and moved inot the faction after level 150 which takes about 2 days for an nrg leveler.....

bravo, i say bravo....

13. AndeeLee

AndeeLee New Member

well something that is being talked about..

is how this will be an advantage to groups full of extra accounts (Played by the same person) that can level all day. Although the bonus is way lower for a smaller account vs. a higher level account, it will add up the more accounts there are. I had suggested a lock on new accounts not being able to be in a faction for a certain amount of time awhile ago. They lock you on where to put points and suck why not lock on a player being able to join a group. Also locking new starting groups from placing on the main board for a period of time to discourage any cheating and winning the second week they make the group. I agree with a lot of what the ZS slayer community is saying on the pages I belong too and I see a lot of problems with this too. Although I know they are not done yet with changes. but a lot of groups you will see are adding in new players and lower players. I have watched it all day. people being booted and replaced with newer accounts or accounts that just love to level.

14. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

I agree, let's give it a week and see where it ends up. What it does combat is the factions filled with alts, because it's difficult to play all of the alts all day long to get more than just GP. We'll see how it goes. I don't know what it'll change, if anything. But, it might give legitimate factions the ability to win the week.

15. i wish you also add some bonus gamer point for:
    challenges
    listing people (this will make all aramds on enemy ^^")

16. raindogs23

raindogs23 Member

But...

This week really won't be indicative of a normal week, as we have Arena starting up. This will certainly skew the results for this week. At the very least it will skew those numbers for those of us who use Arena for nothing but a tool to level. Which again promotes more money in Kano's pockets, doesn't it?

Denver

17. Yeah another wonderful idea there, All the cheaters with Energy Bunnies to level the crap out of their factions and win...

Great idea there.

18. While the same keeps on rolling, These idiots in the game that get away with playing their 15 zombie slayers a day and running around laughing about it because they havent gotten that swift kick in the a... (BANNED)..

The same continues. Factions diseased with ALTS, People playing multiple characters every single day.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

That's right the energy to exp ratio on ZS is HIGH.

Kano you've actually made it WORSE now.

Good intention,bad way of showing it.

Leveling is a start but there needs to be more.

20. slave

slave Member

so now that leveling is uncapped a faction can easily win with a) less than 25 players, b) without doing 100 percent of its gps
    that is not even close to what we discussed in the other thread about making a decent faction contest.
    If your going to uncap one category and cap the rest, how is that fair?
    answer...its not
    youve just made the energy factions superheroes
    i tell you if you had one or two people playing this game you would understand alot more about it and might not make decisions that your making.

if you want a faction contest, do it right, nothing capped pts for everything, and you will find the top faction, but capping 4 categories and leaving one uncapped you havent found anything, and i dont have to wait a week to see it.....

all you have to do is look at the leaderboard