New Chat Interface and Functionality

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Today we've released a new chat interface. New features include:

-clickable links
    -cleaner and lightweight UI, removed images and optimized some js
    -pop out, pop in, draggable and resizable functionality
    -space optimization

Default View:

View attachment 1945

Minimized View:

View attachment 1946

Popped Out View:
    -Drag the chat box by moving your mouse while clicking and holding on the top.
    -Resize the chat box by positioning your mouse cursor at the edges of the chat box, click and drag to the size you would like.
    View attachment 1947

Next updates we're planning on improving the group chat management, please let us know your feedback and other suggestions you may have.

If you experience any issues with the new interface please let us know in this thread or through support.

zs.chat.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Eraser

Eraser Member

I am so glad to hear that you're working on this, now that the facebook group chats are down for the count.

Now... i do have some suggestions that would make it better.

1 st and foremost. It should be floating. Not staying in the same place whenever I scrollup and down the screen.

2nd Id like it to have some memory of where you prefer it to be.

3rd. The text should be able to fall under the name to the right. a lot of wasted space there not being used, causing there to be more lines, fragmenting the sentances.

4th. There should be more than one group available. Id like to be able to make a group, call it something and have the option of making it a public group than anyone can see, and join in without any request, private groups that are still public in the sense that you can see them, but must make a request to see/join in convorsation, and finnally, Secretgroups that are not listed and have to be added into by a member.

5th A little customization would be nice. Avatar from game included, options for background pictures or colors, and text colors.

6th Id like to see a friends list, with your groups that you are in included too.

7th, Id like to see this friends list to the left of the game, and your friends list to the right. friends list with tabs and options that create your what you are seeing on your left. ie If you have private convorsations with a squad member going on, their avatar has a little area, that highlights when they have replied, and you can click on it to swich to that convorsation, the groups you are in having thier own sort of avatar with 2 numbers on them, 1 showing how many people are currently online in that group, and how many unseen messeges you have.

8th Id also like to see some privacy in the groups, options for the group owner to choose if you can see the messeges before enter the group, and definatley an online list of members who are currently reading what you type.

I also have to give you one bit of feedback on what you have so far. It works MUCH better on the "offsite" version of zombie slayer versus being tied directly to facebook. Thats why I am suggesting that you put a friends list to talk to one person at a time. Will lead people to your "offsite" verus playing directly on facebook.

as it is right now, I still will not be using the kano chats, but I am so very glad to see that you are looking to improve it. and making a "pop-out" feature was a great first step!

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for the feedback comments below in BLUE :)

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

oh my... reading over myself, It seems that I have made many mistakes in my left and right while i was busy typing away. Too late to change it now that Ive been quoted.

You are pressing into the late hours a bit huh kendall? workaholic!

5. Great Work Guys... I even used a speaker to give you props in the World Chat ;)
    I look forward to future updates :D

6. I would use it more if it didn't go offline every 30sec :(

When I am writing a message and it goes back online again my message disappears (Very Frustrating)

When I refresh the page you have to reset the settings to send a message to your Group/Faction :( (Losing a Speaker for mistakenly posting to the world not cool)

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi Mayhem, can you please write into support http://www.kanoapps.com/support, and we'll be able to look into your account and debug this problem. Also what browser were you using, have you tried other browsers like Chrome or Firefox and experienced the same issues?

8. OK no problem I can send that :)

Because all the issues were happening before the update I believed it to be the norm !

I always use Chrome but just tried Firefox and the same things happened :(