[ZS] more ideas for new content

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by slave, Aug 4, 2012.

1. slave

slave Member

I have given up on trying to help on the faction contest, it is so apparent you either dont want to commit the devloper time or you dont want us to see the results either way, im moving on. I hope your login contest is well received.

Since you guys cant seem to come up with any new ideas for content, or you too busy drinking beer every friday, i will give you another two cents worth.

we love the arena, great idea, replayable content.
    Now how about some replayable content in the game?
    you have kept yourself in the box with outbreaks, how about going outside the box?
    Why dont you make super outbreaks, not relegated to any level or country that are replayable for degrading rewards.
    instead of 8 million zombies killed, make a set of 4 outbreaks that take a billion zombies killed to finish it (total number of zombies killed is irrelevant, make it anything you want) give us xp and un to finish the set, say like 10 un and x number of xp (im not going to do all your work for you) then after the set is finished, it resets for one tenth less un and one tenth less xp, until after ten times there will be no further rewards. This would give the people who have finished outbreaks something to work on. oh i can hear the stamina players crying in their soup already....too much for nrg players ...blah blah blah - so make it a combination of nrg and stam, so an nrg player with 5,000 nrg cant roll through them.

then on the flip side make some kind of set of planetary bosses, bosses that also require stamina and nrg, but more stam, than nrg, make them replayable the same way but limit the percent of damage that helping players can do to ten percent.
    give them a long shelf life so a slayer is not compelled to spend his life on trying to finish it, actually there should be no timer on it just like an outbreak, it should be something to spend stam on when a slayer has nothing to spend it on. and also make the rewards degrade in the same fashion that they start at 10 and continue till they run down to zero.

its important to limit the percent of damage, so other people cant do it for you, but allow them to get an unlock for bigger damage and dont be afraid to make the unlocks extremely high (50, 75, 100 helpers)
    remember we dont want it something to be done in a day.....it should have high enough health that it takes days or weeks to finish

both of these ideas should be fairly easy to design and implement providing you have a competent cut and paster on staff.

i really want you to make a faction boss, where the entire faction has to do damage to kill it, but so far you have been extremely resistant to that idea as well, i guess developer time is already devoted to crafting and theres no time for anything else ( i say that because you continue to put time nrg and development into crafting, when 99 percent of the game knows it is obsolete before it even hits - that is a true fact!)

So if you can take it upon yourselves to consider these new playing ideas that dont require messaging, gifting or crafting, we would all appreciate your time on this.

slave

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not bad.Not bad at all.10 stars.

Side note about faction/syndicate/armada/guild bosses

Every member shouldn't have to attack it.

But at minimal 5 or more members must attack for it to count.

3. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

10 stars from me too! I definitely like the ideas although I would say don't degrade the rewards increase 10% each time if you degrade it I can see some people stopping after the first or second time. Make them work for it, and a better all around 10 finish reward. just my 2 cents tho.

4. Great Idea 10/10 But as kamikazeweasel said you have to start with 1 un reward and finish with 10 :)

5. slave

slave Member

i am open to suggestions and thinking about it your right, the more times you finished something the better the reward should be, i just want to be clear, i dont think these things should be easy and people should not expect to complete them in a day or two...but something to work on when they have excess nrg and stamina that is not needed elsewhere, so you feel like at least your working towards somehting instead of just planting nrg into an outbreak that you have completed two months ago. Or banging at a boss that is level 165 cuz you need to do something with the excess stamina. It could be different with the bosses if they gave us new level achievments instead of the beginner achievements that are in place. I would defintely like to see higher boss achievments than what is currently in play.

very happy to see you like my idea though :)

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

The only negative i see about the big boss is, That is going to cut out on my boss helping.

I am not much different than most players, I put 2 and 10 stamina attacks into most of the bosses that i help, but when it comes time for me to level up, all my bosses are 11+ and my usa/canada bosses are taken care of for the day... I have this real nice long list of squad bosses, to go thru when i have extra stamina. I kill different bosses for different reasons, but that is all irrelevant.

The point is, as the game sits, My extra stam goes into helping others bosses, as I am for sure, Thats where I get my bosses helped too.

Having a boss that could potentially absorb all the extra stamina that you have for days on end, could SEVERELY hurt the amount of boss help passed the 2 and 10 stamina attacks.

I like the massive outbreak idea a lot tho. Something to do with my energy when i have no other outbreak to work on. Wish it was there the whole time Ive been playing actually.

Im not too hot on the numbers. So far im at the level 1400s and have only killed 888 million zombies, still constantly waiting to reach a level until my next is unlocked. 1 billion just seems over the top, but as you said... those sort of things would be up to the devs to decide.

I would like the idea even more If you could put any amount of energy into it that you choose, or at least have multiple options of how much, that way I dont find myself leveling up with 100+ energy wasted. I try my best to spend every stamina before a level up, energy I dont have much of an option.

Unfortunately I cant rate this thread, because Im split between the two ideas, The outbreak I would give a 10, but the boss Id give it a 5.

Maybe split your ideas up into respective threads?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  7. slave

slave Member

If people are joining bosses for the join xp, i dont think that having another outlet is going to stop that, it wont stop me, i need the xp. If people are joining everything they can for xp, this wont change thier behavior, it might stop them from sinking more than join xp into those bosses, but you never know for sure what people are going to do, and i set limits on my bosses anyway, cuz i dont want them doing huge damage to my bosses.

8. kamikazeweasel

I agree the huge boss idea is still a good idea. I personally help on bosses, but if I'm not getting good xp from it I stop after minimum damage, and move on to another it would be nice to put the stamina into something besides someone else's level 43 tenor zombie since mine is at a level 52. Just saying.

Also agree with the boss level achievement if Kano doesn't want to make a monster boss for a single player to wail on for days, then how about a level 50 or 100 achievement for those of us that have all of the current boss achievements.

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yes, thats what i was saying. 2 and 10 stamina attacks is all you would ever get. Sometimes I need boss help, Either its a level 7-10 thats just too much, or i aim to kill one of my good xp bosses and fall just short on stamina and need it dead to level. Sometimes. I need some help!! not just an unlock.

Its a combination of both, I wolnt be able to help, wolnt be able to get help when i need it. Its bad for buisness. Your boss idea may as well be called The walmart zombie. The big giant thats, starves the little guys to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vQhCHelJE

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. slave

slave Member

nah i think you will still find a decent amount of people trying to get the loot items and loot drops by doing more damage at least up to the minimum. I still like to hit lower bosses than mine that my squad posts because the xp payout is better than mine. So there will always be that aspect as well.

all my bosses are in the 5000/5000 attack defense range, so hitting a boss that is 3000/3000 pays much better xp than mine...

and why get 1800 xp for a 30 stam boss hit when you get 3000????

11. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well, we can only hope the massive boss would have good xp too, and its something you "have to" work on for yourself. I see it cutting down how much i can others by half or even more depending on the different varriables, So I can only expect It would cut down on my help recieved.

Slave you're game is a little bigger than most. I know a lot of players that dont help bosses at all already, and barley damage thier own. Of course the few that refill stamina will still pass out help, but for the majority of the game, Its going to have a much larger depreciation of help shared, and therefore, even more Dependent on the players that are either built for movement or use refills to advance faster.

I think its a good idea, but I foresee it causing problems with gameplay. I would be much more excited to hear a 3rd boss (not counting world) is being placed in each area, but That idea has been raised, supported by the community and shut down by kano apps twice if not 3 times over already.

The outbreak is an awesome idea, so is the boss, but i think its just a little too big for the game. Maybe if stamina limits where raised to the 2,500 fortitude achievment, I could get behind it.

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

where do i sign up? 10 stars....nice job!

13. kamikazeweasel

Going back to the original idea if you have to use both energy and stamina for the boss/outbreak, people won't always have both to spare.

I also think that it would be helpful to for the "helping issue" if the boss takes the same amount of time to regenerate as it does to kill. Therefor more people would want the attack unlocks to kill it quicker. Which would promote people helping plus if said boss was so big that it took 4-7 days to kill then the player would have 4-7 days to continue helping other players

14. alka

alka Banned

The game is as boring as hell, so anything that improves the boredom is a bonus. I'm getting really close to joining all the other top guys who are pulling the plug on this app.

10 from me...

15. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

A 10 from me.

16. Faction Bosses 10 Stars :)

I agree that Factions Bosses Should not be killed by just 1 person but be a team event !

A) Certain bosses could be "unlocked" by the amount of players in a faction.
    B) If more players contribute you can do more damage to the boss i.e it unlocks some kind of boost.

How about rewarding the Faction for Fighting Faction Bosses ?

A) Say with a drop or a bonus that stays with the faction if you are a member.