[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayme

Jayme Member

stupid devs you bring this in you upset all your high levels

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

In that situation it is usually a Syndicate vs Syndicate type of altercation. For the situations where one player decides to malicious go after another one, for whatever reason, where the other player is not attacking or hitlisting back then the option will be made available if they meet the requirements as mentioned previously:

• currently do not have protection against another player
    • have not recently had protection applied against them
    • opponent that the protection option has been made available to has reached the threshold of attacks / hitlists within the attack timeframe

This feature is going to impact players that grief. It isn't going to impact players that attacks someone 100's of times off their fight list, it isn't going to impact Syndicate Wars, it isn't going to stop the battling aspect, what we hope it will do is help the game identify those players that are griefers and get them focused on spreading out their targets.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It does happen, there are players that are that persistent.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Can you be specific with your objections? For example, 1,000 un-retaliated attacks is what you would call a holding hands app?

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Recent cases we have seen, players have set ambushes to retaliate but there are cases where opponents don't care.

6. David Gaddy

David Gaddy New Member

What I like about no black list/surrender (or whatever) is that it makes you think before taking on someone stronger than you. Are you up for the dance? You either put on your dancing shoes or go sit your butt in the corner. No escape door.

7. Iced Viper

Iced Viper New Member

are we now farmvillers????? this is a war game!!!! there is no surrender button i don't want to play with you because you play too rough button!!!!!!n seriously i can not believe hardly anyone plays warmode, bunch of farmvillers, fight fight fight

8. U_Like_That1

U_Like_That1 New Member

You put a Blacklist option in and I want a FULL REFUND on all the money I put in.
    U can not change a game we payed for to play and make it UNPLAYABLE. there r 10 people on my fightlist now that use ambush like its an attack button. Now you are taking all abilities to play the game.

9. BB2

BB2 New Member

Simple, I am now beating a few people that USED to camp my page and not let me play. Now it is time for payback, and it looks like I will STILL suffer because KANO can't leave well enough alone. If I want to attack them over 1000 times then so be it, it is what they did to me, difference is I never cried about it. I just waited my time and got stronger. With this in place they will just blacklist me with the main then use alts to list me. I feel no need to add anything more as others have hit all my points.

10. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

If anybodies stupid enough to sit healing for an attacker 1,000 times they deserve all they get!!!

Kano have pandered to weak ass players for so long that you've slowly choked the life out of this game. Its protection this & window of opportunity that ... ffs we're meant to playing a gangster game, not slap and tickle ... survival of the fittest was meant to be name of the game :(

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Are you hitting player(s) thousands of times without retaliation?

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That opportunity will still exist. This is not a "blacklist" feature which was introduced in mw1 which I think a lot of the confusion is coming from.

This is to get 1 single griefer off your back, have a chance to breath and play the game.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Depending on your level, but is 500-1,000 un-retaliated attacks something that you feel belongs in Farmville?

The current 5k limit is hardly a limit and was left to allow players that ability to level with friends if they so choosed.

14. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

How do you plan to compensate those of us that have found ourselves in similar circumstances in the past ... who rather than cried to the dev's screaming of bullying ... bought GFP to buy mob & weapons & levelled ourselves out of trouble??

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If these said players themselves are attacking other players at the same rate without retaliation and have protection against them, they will not be able to apply it against you.

Do these same players also have multiple players after them? If so, then it is likely they will likely already have protection set.

Also, at the higher levels in the game it would likely be a higher threshold, everything is still up for discussion.

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What do you suggest Susan? That we leave it as is and have situations occur where players will grief another player with-in the 5k threshold until they leave the game?

How many players rivals list are you on where you have attacked them +1k times without them retaliating back?

17. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

NONE!! I don't play that way.

But as I've said above .. I have found myself at the receiving end of such game play, by individuals & groups who vowed to end my game. Why do you think I levelled as fast as I did ... I got sick of it, but I wasn't willing to let them win ... so luckily for Kano I started buying GFP ... I used these to buy a full mob, I bought limited weapons & I levelled until I could take them on on my terms.

As for suggestions ... you wouldn't like them & I'm sure you wouldn't implemented them if you did.

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for the questions answered in italics.

Currently this feature is in discussion and we want to hear points from all sides of the fence.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You would be surprised, correct me if I am mistaken but I think we have implemented an idea or two or three that was spearheaded from you in the past.

This is up for discussion, as mentioned previously we want to hear input from all sides with specific examples as that helps us understand the different perspectives.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Comments like this do little to help us understand why.

Majority of responses that I have seen outside of the forum seem to be making guesses at what the feature is based on mw1 and not taking the time to read what is on this thread.

Here are some of what I have read:

• it will cost GF's (not true)
    • devs are trying to turn this into an non-fighting game by allowing unlimited blocking (not true)
    • "blacklist" sucks! (I don't even know how to respond to that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.