Battle Arena Discussion (Round 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not about sour grapes, it's about the skill points I placed in defense being meaningful. This is the last time I respond to you, because quite frankly you're not worth it.

In addition, I also choose to give my name out to people who can disagree with me without being an ass about it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

You said it yourself...its a "free for all"......that means anything goes. How does a level 651 compete with a level 3297? By doing exactly what your saying shouldnt be allowed. Of course its gonna be more difficult for a lesser level to win as well it should be, but the rewards will also do more for the lower level than they will a higher level....so its a tradeoff. The arena is free and doesnt affect ones normal game stats so there really isnt much to lose....so who cares?

3. slave

slave Member

sure sounds like sour grapes to me, i dare say my defense is higher than yours and you dont see me complaining do you? but on the other hand i dont want to enter arena and be a bump on the log and wait for people to attack me without doing anything like some people do in the game.....

dont want to attack? try farmville dude, might be more your style....

4. Bad ass name

Bad ass name New Member

First of all, a free for all doesn't mean a free for some and secondly you've basically stated my point...who cares?
    This adds nothing to the game.

5. polishpimp

Maybe this will help.

Definition of FREE-FOR-ALL

: a competition, dispute, or fight open to all comers and usually with no rules : brawl; also : a chaotic situation resembling a free-for-all especially in lacking rules or structure <the press conference deteriorated into a free–for–all>

So as u can see....your statement of "The whole ganging up thing goes against the description of a free-for-all." is clearly wrong. furthermore you went on to say...."If people were able to play against others around their own level it may even be fair"....this would imply that u wanted rules/limits/regulations, once again contradicting your term of "free-for-all".

Kano made it very clear what the battle arena was all about well before it started. Even though a system has been implemented to give lower levels a better shot, of course they are going to be at a disadvantage if they decide to go toe to toe with a much more powerful opponent....as well they should be. Fortunately for the lower levels there is many strategies that can be employed by the lower levels that give them a better shot, its up to u to figure them out, but one is to obviously team up with a few of your friends. Is any one strategy going to insure success every time? Of course not, but once again that s up to u to figure out. The arena offers way more strategy than the normal game as was Kanos intent. If u want to battle those of your level so u have what u deem a "fair" shot than go play the normal game and stay off the higher levels rival pages and dont pick on the lower levels. The arena is separate from the regular game so why should/would it "add to the game"? This is for those who wanted something different than the regular game.....its for those that actually wanted a shot at the big boys, everyone else can simply continue playing there game as usual. Considering that a player gets an XP bonus just for signing up and what happens in the arena has zero affect on ones normal game, its free and its pretty much exactly how Kano said it would be ......whats the issue again?

6. slave

slave Member

whats happening here.....im agreeing with polish??? before you know it ill be agreeing with alka too......:)

7. Bad ass name

Bad ass name New Member

I didn't make the description of this bull tournament. A free for all means there is no organisation, which means no ganging up. Also if it were truly were a free for all it would be open to all levels. The whole description of this tournament is wrong.

If there has to be this bull tourney make it fair for those who want to participate, where is the problem with that?

8. polishpimp

I got the term "free-for-all" from your post...whether u came up with it or Kano did doesnt really matter as its the phrase u used and that I was replying to. I believe the definition of "free -for-all" I provide above pretty much says it all in relation to the the context of which u used the term.

As far as being fair....Its free, U dont have to sign up, nobody is forcing u to play and its completely separate from the main game, Furthermore ....Kano has made it very clear what the arena was all about. Everybody had the same opportunity to read up and learn the same info provided here in the forums, everybody had the same choice whether to sign up or not having this info provided for them, the arena does not affect your main game...THUS IT IS FAIR!

The term "free for all" applies to the rules or lack there of inside the arena, it doesnt pertain to who is eligible. Personally I could care less if all levels were eligible. But like many other aspects of the game it is not available until u reach a certain level. so I dont see it being out of the ordinary that the arena would be the same way.

From the posts Ive seen and the experiences Ive had in the arenas at both higher and lower levels...Ide say your opinion was in the minority. Of course there are still some things that need to be tweaked but that will happen in time. Weve seen that some lower levels have performed admirably. Personally I see it as a fun challenge to see if I can get my lower level account to perform well against the big boys, it hasnt happened yet....but if and when it does its gonna feel hella good.

9. alka

alka Banned

Oi, that hurt.. :)

10. polishpimp

Lmao......your in trouble now.

11. AnnT

AnnT New Member

I agreed with Alka once... I think he said something about really liking getting Christmas presents....:confused: yah..that was it... :eek:

Thanks to Kendall for clearing up the question of "bi-monthly". In the latest TGIF thread, he states the Battle Arenas will go 2 times a month. :)

12. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.