Skill Points Allocation Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Smack, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We have released an addition to the Skill Points allocator that will post a warning message if you are not allocating enough of your Skill Points towards Health, Attack and Defense. While this is only a suggestion it will help address the following:
    • Educate players that they can earn higher XP rewards in PvP and Boss battles with some stat adjustments
    • Help avoid scenarios of players asking for a reset (which we don't do) because they have become outmatched by others in their level range
    This affects all players from level 25 and up. If you are candidate for this warning message it will be displayed below the "Save Skills" button as follows:
    [​IMG]

Please post any feedback regarding this change in this thread.

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I approve this :)

Something that would probably take some work but would be good to go along with this, is having a few different kinds of builds to show players, ya know if they wanna level fast then to add to energy, heath and attack, etc. As a lot of players come to the forum asking how they should build themselves up to do well playing a certain way.

3. kayjay

kayjay Guest

great addition smack

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am thinking WOW and helpful for some who want to learn the game, may open some eyes of the ones with no clue :)

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i like this

i got this message mostly because i only have 5 defence but my other stats are good. another way for this to look is they could pop up a low atack display underneath the defence atack energy or stamina like the desplay for low health for your level is cus then you no wher to alocate your points more twords instead of having a brod statement just saying your stats are low and not telling you were to put more points into

6. Nice new feature, I was sure I'd get a warning message but turns out I haven't got a single one in any of my games :D

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

How is my viking NOT getting these warnings?Everytime I join bosses I get messages saying my health is low for my LEVEL and that strength is low.Why would it show my health is low for my level against the boss,yet not get the warning message?

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Here's how I understand it: It takes Heath + Attack + Def into consideration.

So if one of these is very low, and the other two are high, they are making up for your lower stat.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

More like one is high.I don't hide my stats in viking so here they are(your welcome polish/jj)
    level 3212
    Health 15400 / 15400
    Energy 133 / 835
    Stamina 425 / 2101
    Total Attack 4259(3342 base)
    Total Defense 8388(7854 base)
    I would think I'd defo see that warning,some strange reason I'm not.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but isn't your health low for your level? Especially if you're fighting bosses with high health in comparison to yours... it doesn't mean you have to change anything, if you're satisfied with your gameplay in different areas... but if your bosses have more than 10 times your health, that would explain why it may show up on the boss page, but maybe not the skills page...

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hence why I should be seeing the warning.It says my health is low for my LEVEL when i go against any boss.

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Eric said no news is good news lol

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It may not be low for your level for battles/fights against other players with only thousands of health, but it might be against bosses that have millions of health... I get the same message when I fight bosses in Vikings, but it hasn't showed up on my skills page for a while... I seem to be doing fine with bosses, though, not so well fighting other players just yet...

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then it would say health is low compared to the boss(which i also get on my pirate account)this clear as day says low for my level.If you're getting the message against the boss saying low for your LEVEL not compared to the boss,then you've got the same glitch I've got.

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

We might need to get Kendall or another dev to clear this up... I think we're both saying the same thing, but it sounds like the wording on the boss pages could be clearer to indicate that your health is low for your BOSS fight, not your LEVEL for battles necessarily...

16. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I am about to be off for the night. But i will let the developers no to chime back in on this posting for you guys to clear it up for you. But in my opinion does not matter how much health you have your health is always going to be lower then the actual bosses and it will always say your health is low compared to your boss add more health or something along that line. But they will chime back in when they can

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is correct. The message you see on a boss page is specific to that instance of the boss, whereas the notification on the Skill Allocator is a general guideline/suggestion to help players build a balanced character.

Either way if your max health is low you will not be achieving your full potential for damage done and XP earned.

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That makes sense, Smack... I don't see this in LCN or Pirates, but I have much higher level bosses in Vikings, so the messages started showing up on my boss pages there... thanks for the assistance, Jon, and the clarification, Smack!

19. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i can clear up what smack is saying. he is saying that the notification that pops up when you first start the boss battle is only saying that your health is low compared to the BOSS'S so you are not getting the full amout of atack and xp that you would be getting if your health is higher wich is not relating to your level only relating to your health and the BOSS'S and the notification that pops up in the box for when you alocate skill points is the only place that will say your health is low for your LEVEL.

does that clear it up for you?

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then why does it say low for my LEVEL regardless of any boss I go against,yet in pirate I get a message saying my health is low compared to the boss?