Battle Arena Discussion (Round 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Member

I too am confused on this aspect, the timing of the payout. A previous post about the resigning feature stated that some players requested this option so they could get the rewards and move on. In our last arena, the rewards were not given out until after the arena was over and not when you were killed.
    With regard to the ranking, I believe that means you will not be ranked and therefore not receive any of the bonus items based on the rankings upon completion of the arena.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Already messaged a developer on that question about yours and beth question

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I take that to mean if a player has 100 attacks or less they will not get a ranking or a reward should they fall into a winning category, just like someone who signs up but does not participate . I am not sure but I still think everyone has to wait till the arena is over before collecting a reward, but we can wait for Jon to get an definitive answer

4. Wrong, lol. PST is THREE HOURS behind EST. Idk if someone else already caught this error, but I'm responding while it's on my mind.

So...4p.m PST is 7p.m. EST. I live in PST time zone, luckily for me, but I have family in the EST time zone.

5. Speaking as one who could easily face a group of players attacking me all at once, I still disagree with this comment. This is still a game and the goal is to win. Strategy is always the key to success. And friends going in together is a strategy. In the end, only one can be #1 so they will have to fight it out between themselves regardless. So let the chips fall where they may. IMO

6. "An extreme example would be in MS PC where the #1 player (who won the 1st arena) is about 5k levels ahead of the next guy," by Polishpimn.

NOT a guy, lol, in case you haven't noticed, baby.

7. In regards to the start time, I'm a night owl anyway so it doesn't really bother me...

I appreciate that staggered start times are going to become a thing of the future, but shouldn't you test this whilst it is in beta mode? I mean if you had the Arena start at Midday, you would get a better feel of the amount of participants. I strongly believe that the start time could be a determining factor of whether someone does well or not... Let's face it people in the EST or the PDT time zone have a much better chance of succeeding than someone in the BST time zone for example. Just my opinion :p

8. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I am just looking toward the bigger picture jillian. And i hope that not a guy comment wasnt towards me since i figured out long ago you were more then likely a woman with the name jillian. But i just see many players not wanting to participate if they get ganged up all the time in arena so it takes the fun out of it. I enjoyed getting hit by numerous players. I believe i did over 5000 hits within the hour in half or two hours or so i was in there and man did my hand cramp from clicking and fingers hurt but it was fun. I went in guns blazing hit everything and everyone didnt need clan or a gang to help me i understand its a strategy.

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

When you are killed in the arena, you will immediately be given a rank and have the opportunity to collect your reward (if there is a reward for your rank).

10. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

if this is true what happens when 20+ people that won't hit for 100 finish in the top 50 . if they don't get place wouldn't that mean others that did hit for min. damage move up in the ranking and will be eligible for higher rewards...(in the last one the #4 player didn't even hit 1 time also i think 9 out of the top 20 didn't hit 1 time ).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

11. No, I was quoting my b/f who referred to me as the "guy in second place" on m/s PC. lol I understand you feeling that way, Jon, but honestly, I don't see a solution. So, if you can't beat them, join them....so to speak. Gather together your friends, figure out who you would like to target and go for it. Personally, I think the ones most likely to be group attacked are the hightest/strongest players. There is no reason to group attack a weaker player. No offense to any out there.

12. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

none taken by me

13. momma2.0

momma2.0 Member

I agree with Jon on this also..totally unfair! This is supposed to be a free for all. I liked it because it was bully free and now with this feature it is no longer.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Its right when you join.Didn't pay attention on myspace but I just did on fb and it gave it the moment you join.

15. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

thanks a friend didn't see it when they joined in myspace..

16. Eric

Eric Administrator

@beth - thanks for the feedback, I mistakenly quoted how some of our other games were working. Upon further discussion we've decided to remove the "no ranking for inactives" feature and instead rely on existing features (inactives are promoted more to peoples fight list, health depletion after period of inactivity making for a more attractive kill) to solve this issue. What it solves: players will be rewarded and ranked immediately after getting killed AND people that are inactive will have a tougher time making it to the end. We are going to observe the outcome and stats in this next arena and revisit this if needed.

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok now I am confused , and I was leaning towards joining, so if someone joins and does nothing in the arena, do they get a ranking or reward if they make it to the end , like the first arena, where some did just that?????

18. Eric

Eric Administrator

Honestly I don't know why someone wouldn't join an arena, you get a free 5% xp boost, it's completely anonymous, you have the opportunity to battle a fresh fight list with decent xp return and with some effort you can make it into the tiered rounds where xp per battle is increased and rewards are handed out. Worst case you leave with the free 5% xp along with xp from a few battles.

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lol really how about using up alot of stamina . and that people who do not participate can get a reward , those would be 2 reasons :)

20. Eric

Eric Administrator

I mentioned "xp from a few battles" if you choose, and what place other people rank doesn't affect your personal player. Or you can think of it this way, 5% free xp, and go use stamina elsewhere in the game.

...Like I said we have a new system of promoting inactives and depleting their health, we're going to let this play out and review post arena.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.