Battle Arena Discussion (Round 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Second release of the Battle Arena is live. Please use this thread for discussions, feedback and questions.

New features and updates include:
    -View your feed history after the arena completes
    -Improved overall speed through caching
    -Increased XP payouts per battle
    -Removed dead players from fight list
    -Fight response inline stamina refill button
    -Extra stats in profile view
    -Save target for later bookmarking interface
    -Dynamic leaderboard payouts (adjusts based on quantity of players)
    -Recent attacker indicator
    -Update defensive stance button
    -Increased hit point payout for kills
    -Kill health award now shows below targets
    -Start in defensive stance option (in profile)
    -Targets killer is exposed while attacking
    -Fixed refresh issues with feed/fight list
    -Your armed and item loadout strength values are now saved on arena start
    -Final 4 surrender option
    -XP and Strength multipliers added to final rounds of the arena (more damage, more xp)
    -XP reward for joining the arena
    -Min attack requirement
    if after 10 hours since arena start and under 100 attacks, health is halved
    **Update removed - if your arena ends and under 100 attacks, no ranking assigned
    **Update added - fight response inline use stamina boost button

If you would like to catch-up on earlier battle arena discussions please see this thread (note some topics may be outdated) http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7515-Battle-Arena-Discussion

wall_feed_battle_arena.jpg

2. Chris Mend

Chris Mend New Member

A little confused on the
    -final 4 surrender option and
    -min attack requirement

3. alka

alka Banned

Does this mean you've sorted the annoying issue with accidently saving targets because the save button is under targets name if you double click on them?

Another nice feature would be to automatically remove saved targets once they are dead..

4. alka

alka Banned

BTW, what happened to staggering the times. These times seem to always favour the States.

I'm at a loss as to why the Arena cannot be started at midday PDT, and not as Kano are putting their coats on to go home!!!

arena.png

Start time for UK= Midnight

Europe= 1am / 2am

Totally out of order and totally unfair.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Alka , it seems like an hour later than and a day later than the 1st one in PC for me it is 7:00pm est , so if the trend continues eventually it will be later and later, and later in the week, for kano it is during their working hours, I think anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I like everything except this one

-Kill health award now shows below targets

If your going to show this one you know a lot of higher up players are going to be searching for anyone who has a lot of health on them and attack them first to gain a bigger standpoint in the arena. This one is a bad idea because your going to have selective targets. And yes it could benefit me also in doing that strategy. But i do believe this is one you should not know the aspect of how much health you will be getting from that player if you kill them. Just my opinion on it.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Completely agree with Jon on this one.

8. Jon Ward

And one more thing i have to call out on because i have literally wanted a battle arena for a long time even mention it before months with another player. This however is wrong in my opinion

Friends
    -Contact friends and coordinate attacks, share target names and find them using the find interface located at the top of the fight list.
    -Don't waste alot of stamina on multi-attacking one healthy target only to get the kill stolen, a flurry of attacks timed right can result in better kill opportunities.

Since when did the battle arena basically become another armada or faction or guild game. Arena should be a free for all no bookmarking links no saving links no sharing players anything. You go in there its you against everyone else and them against everyone else. Not 20 to 50 players deciding were gonna take this player and that player. You Keep the arena going like this eventually no one is going to want to participate in it. Your leaving it wide open once again for the idiots in games who like to ruin other's game plays.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Now we disagree.This is a perfect strategy.It is a "free for all" after all.Something says that "search feature" is there for a reason.

10. Jon Ward

No Search Feature i am fine with Lord. If your the only one using it. But if its allowing multiple players ganging up then i am not fine with it. Having your friends help you should not be part of any equation in the arena game it should just be you against the other person or person's if they are just attacking you out of the blue. Not a coordinated strategic attack by multiple players because they are friends defeats the arena purpose in my opinion.

11. Bubba

Bubba Member

It doesn't help much, or rather it didn't help much following the mentioned strategy. At least on the Myspace game it didn't. And judging by the comments about the facebook game, it would not help much there either.
    This may help those that are aggressive in the game as they will have high health, but should not have as high of a bonus for killing. So others may not try to kill them and run through their stamina just to get a reward that is lower than the amount of health they loose from battles.
    I think this feature will allow players that are fighting in the arena to stay in the arena longer, unless others want to waste stamina for little reward (little health reward anyways).
    The health reward is calculated by "The amount of health received from a target kill is a calculation of X multiplied by a modified weighting of the total skill points your opponent has acquired. The greater their skill count the higher health kill reward." So gaining health in the arena does not increase the reward given for killing them.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  12. Bubba

Bubba Member

Armor

There is a new entry in the battle arena for armor. Is this value only while in the Defense Stance?

13. alka

alka Banned

I fully agree, Jon

14. Jon Ward

Thanks Alka.

At Bubba. The armor was there last time in the arena also. I do not believe it has any impact on the game what so ever since everyone i talked to about it had a Zero in that spot. I was thinking maybe it went to another arena like LCN or something that has it possibly an armor spot. Meant to ask a developer about it but it totally slipped my mind until now.

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I gotta agree with alot of this, the idea for the arena was born from many players complaining of a short battle list, partly because they leveled themselves into an area that has very few players, so ganging /coordinating attacks on a target is seems alot like a war, not a one on one , last man standing event. I know people were doing it already , just like with bounty fests that are very popular.(

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Only way to stop that is to get rid of the search feature.

17. Jon Ward

Not Necessarily Lord. . Leave the Search in there. If you have been hit by that player you can search for that player in the search feature. If you have not been hit by that player you cannot search for him. So there will be no links being thrown around. That is the way it should be.

18. alka

alka Banned

If you can search when you've been attacked the n you can search by name.
    As LB says, remove the search, but that is only one solution as the same name will appear on many others FL

19. Jon Ward

Well that is fine Alka if i appear on many other peoples list but its only because i attack them if i am understanding what your saying. So if they are friends with them and i have hit them i guess they can hit me also along with that player. But if i have not hit those players they will not be able to get my link since i know kano can disable links since they have fixed that issue in the games where they use to grab them from who would join your elite captains. So the only player i hit is the only one who can search for me. Now if i show up on there battle page in the fight list that is fair game.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And removing the search is not a bright idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.