Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Really enjoyed the Battle arena thought it was good fun a good change from all the constant gifting and workshop and challenges that seem to dominate the game these days Only issues I really had were the refresh button was annoying even when there were 600 players left you would hit refresh and get the same people every time, people poaching the kills you had worked hard to get does get annoying too but I suppose that is part of the strategy.
    Oh and the workshop sucks give us a break lol

Ichi the Killer
    Attacks 23,490
    Kills 28
    Wins 21,694
    Losses 8,805
    Biggest Attack 1,135,540 damage

2. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Came 5th in the LCN BA ...

Attacks 39,381
    Kills 64
    Wins 41,252
    Losses 9,639
    Biggest Attack 1,570,875 damage

I enjoyed the Battle Arena for the most part .. lack of sleep & sore finger not included. Doubt I'll do it again though unless changes are made first.

A few bits I'd tweak ...

1. Poachers ... were annoying as hell .. if ur strategy is to sit back and steal others hard/expensive work then u shouldnt earn all the kill bonus .. give them half or less :p

2. Fightlist ... I was seeing the same faces every refresh, then once down to 100 a pile of new folk appeared that had never attacked or defended ... 2 actually made it into the top 12.

3. Drop's ... well they were just lame, bordering on being insulting!! Reward us with limited items .. even if we receive them less, at least they would be worth having.

4. Stam refill confirm Button ... I lost 5 kills due to having to confirm I wanted to refill .. of course I wanted to refill I wouldn't have clicked it in the first place otherwise .. DOH!! Yes I could refill earlier but if ur busy u dont always time it right

5. Def Mode .. I only clicked mine twice, once when I needed sleep the first night, Second under heavy attack from Nino ... both times they failed initially ... green light came on but I was taking full hits & able to attack ... took a complete F5 refresh to rectify it ... not sure if that's a lappy or game glitch though.

6. Staggered Start time .... starting at 10pm was a killer, with the fightlist only containing a very small proportion of entrants it shouldn't have much effect on the final out come

7. Prizes ... Again there a joke .... at least have them reflect the amount of stam need to Win or be placed in top 10 .... I used nigh on 40,000 stam .. and was rewarded with a refill lmao.

8. Using Nicknames was just daft .. just saying lol

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

great achievement Christopher

4. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

WTG Susan top 5 is awsome

5. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

So down to the last 3 i know who they are and it seems they have a great game plan and out played many so congrats to them

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i think the arena battle was great

but if you are strong and have gfs galore you can attack and refill without loosing much health
    some though can afford this some cannot so my suggestion would be
    when you start the battle u have 10,000 stam which you cannot refill with gfs BUT you can use your daily boost to refill 10,000 while you alive
    these stam only useable in the arena then everyone has the same stam no buying and refilling like now
    this would make it interesting then
    but definitely a higher prize and maybe from the last prize tier up to the amount who entered so everyone gets something

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  7. Craig Garner

Craig Garner Member

I cant give feedback on the concept i was knocked out before even seeing it...........its too easy to get the kills if someone can be knocked out so quickly. Granted it started at a time when the U.K was sleeping but as it happened i woke up approx 1am GMT so came to have a look... i was already dead and the arena only opened max 2hrs prior.

As for expecting to do well without reading... why would i everything was cryptic with out actually seeing the arena i couldnt possibly come up with a start...never expected to win lol... but did expect to last more than 2 hrs and actually place an attack from this i would have figured out how to play it.

IMHO it sucks bud it must do if its set to run 3 days and a STRONG att / def player cant last more than 2 hrs....tells me no matter what strat i use i wont stand a chance so why enter?

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Nice going Susan, :)

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

We mentioned there will be staggered start times, this was only the first LCN arena

Duplicate names cannot happen, its possible there was a number or letter different or captilized

600x attacks - last: 16 seconds ago, doesn't mean there was 600 attacks in 16 seconds, it means there was 600 attacks total, the last one occured 16 seconds ago. We'll try to clean up the language so it is more clear.

Name changer, we'll add this to the list for possible development

Better rewards, we're currently working on some numbers to increase xp as you get higher in rank through the arena, also looking at adding premium items to the reward list

Stamina boosts, you should be able to apply your stamina boosts during an arena
    Playing as a team, currently the arena is open so you can collaborate with friends, find enemeies and strategize attacks. Lets here some discussion and thoughts around this!

Randomized fight list, there have been some recent improvments with the randomizing of targets in the fight list, this will be available in the next arena

10. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Name Changer ... I know I requested one initially, but I would abandon having Nickname's & have us play with our Mobster name ... this will give lower level a chance to avoid us until they build up health rewards or try to take us out early on depending on their strategy, or add BA nickname to our profile a few days before it starts so folk can do their research before going into battle.

Stamina Boosts ... were not available in the arena you had to come out of it to claim the freebie boost, the only option available was refill for 10GFP's ... which produced a huge annoying "CONFIRM" banner right over the attack button, sucked when u had just poured 1000 stam into someone, your running low of stam a few slaps from the kills & it took vital time waiting to confirm u wanted to refill.

Playing in a Team ... Yeah, I played in a team of 4 .. I liked being able to share & search targets worked well for a while .. just be very very careful who you trust though lol. Doubt I'll participate again, but I certainly learned a new strategy ;)

11. Eric

Eric Administrator

The first screen you posted doesn't show your target's health because you're trying to attack in defensive mode.

12. alka

alka Banned

No, I went into defensive mode after killing him, getting 69 million health and a message saying I killed him.
    As I keep telling you, he attacked AFTER I killed him with some 345 attacks in 16 seconds. That's when I went into defence.
    By the time I took the 3rd capture I was dead.
    Trust me, he was dead and if support check who I killed it will confirm this.

I'm really surprised that as has been stated many times this is only Beta and there could be errors, that my claim is being so easily dismissed!! Next you'll be telling me it's not possible to be attacked 345 times in 16 seconds!!

13. Eric

Eric Administrator

Please, can you submit your specific issues to support, we need to keep the battle arena discussion free of noise, if this continues we'll be moderating these types of posts.

I've checked the database, there is only one player by the name of Zampidis and you were not the player who got the kill.

14. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

-You have the option to go to your arena profile, check "Reveal Identity". If people see you on the target list, they can view your profile and see your actual game name. If you want also, just put your nickname as your actual game name.

-Good suggestion, will look at adding the stamina boost refill button in the arena fight response.

15. write your will

write your will New Member

battle a.jpg

was fun but a 1 off for me thanks :)

16. Congrats Sean :D

17. I have a friend in the UK who didn't make it through the night. I finished 72, with only 65 attacks. I wasn't about to waste my in-game stamina on something that was not giving much xp or rewards until I made it into the top 20%. Once I was there, I still didn't do any more attacks and made it to the to 10%. It wasn't until the #8, #6 and #1 finishers teamed up on me with 700 combined attacks that I got a real challenge, and I was paying attention to something else and didn't activate my 12 minutes of defense.

I don't understand how he took the same tactic as I did and lost, while I benefited. He has lower health than me, but a larger mob, I'm sure.

I would like to see some of the changes mentioned before, like having separate stamina for the game and the arena. You can figure that between the four stats that matter, you could figure stamina into the equation as well. This would benefit the players who have 30-32.5% of skills in stamina. Refills could be based on kills, timed or hastened based on allocation, etc.

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

You got 25 fp for second place? Did they change that mid game? Last I saw it was 25 FP for first.

Just went and looked....sure enough they did change it. 50 fp for 1st and an extra 5% on income. Very cool, but would have been cooler had they done that for all the games. Personally I still think its low.....but definitely better than it was. I gotta admit it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth having took 1st in VC , used more stamina , better stats and got half of what the winner in LCN got. Oh well......still glad to see kano modified the rewards for the better

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  19. Pranav Sood

Pranav Sood New Member

stupidity of the arena is proven by the following stats

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 7
    Losses 493
    Biggest Attack 411,379 damage

this person is a top 50 finisher

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 19
    Losses 844
    Biggest Attack 395,761 damage

this one is in top 20

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 23
    Losses 821
    Biggest Attack 506,664 damage

this one is in top 15

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  20. Viliam

Viliam New Member

I was just about to comment on weird results on MySpace.

17th place
    Attacks 30
    Kills 0
    Wins 168
    Losses 1,087
    Biggest Attack 541,408 damage

16th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 106
    Losses 572
    Biggest Attack 921,867 damage

14th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 83
    Losses 955
    Biggest Attack 597,499 damage

12th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 15
    Losses 925
    Biggest Attack 354,013 damage

11th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 18
    Losses 948
    Biggest Attack 362,340 damage

8th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 19
    Losses 661
    Biggest Attack 430,530 damage

7th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 211
    Losses 1,092
    Biggest Attack 967,722 damage

4th
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 0
    Losses 8,529
    Biggest Attack 426 damage

and there are many more in top 50. Seems like good tactics for high placement is doing nothing. :)
    This one is also funny:

EL SENTINELA OO7
    Attacks 0
    Kills 1
    Wins 163
    Losses 1,225
    Biggest Attack 532,309 damage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.