Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

It seemed to be that way at the beginning. I went into defensive mode because I had to leave the computer early on and you couldn't come out of it till it was done. Later I saw you were able to get out at will. Maybe you shouldn't have that option, once you go in you stay in. It would cut down on stolen kills as has been suggested here.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

First off....how do u know if someone is lurking? Maybe they were actually hitting the person first and u stole the kill or vice versa.
    \

The only way Kano could keep someone from stealing a kill either on purpose or accidentally would b to lock out all other players from hitting someone if already being engaged. why on earth would we want that? Is it that way in the main game with regular attacks or bounties?

I simply dont see an issue with stealing a kill purposely or accidentally....its a perfectly legit strategy that actually offers the little guys a chance at winning without "leveling the playing field" by tying the higher levels hands behind there backs. ITS BASICALLY PERFECT!.

As I stated previously....I stole plenty and I had plenty stolen from me....it was exciting to get down to the kill shot and not knowif I was gonna get it or not. Was I hoping to get every one of them....Damn skippy! Was I cursing when i didnt...Damn skippy! Would I have it any other way....not on your life! Any other way would be completely predictable and boring. I just dont get why people want predictable and easy. Perhaps Kano should just let us log in and give us all unlimited superpowers so we could all just be done with it and call it a night.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

exactly but damn skippy was not coming out of my mouth lol but i get your gist lmao

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I disagree old salt.You should be able to go into defense mode for as little time as you like.The only thing that should change is when in defense mode,don't allow other player's health to be visible when clicking "attack".

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

LMAO!!I'd enjoy it.Make it happen Kano :).Seriously though,spare for being able to see someones health when in defense mode,the setup of the arena is perfect.

6. blackheartpimp

blackheartpimp New Member

Havent gone through the bother of reading all pages, but here are my thoughts.

Its a big boys club, period. 70 thousand fights or so for winner. Thats quite a bit!

Was fun in its own way, I smashed my way to a kill, went into whatever defense mode was, came back and was dead.

Dont see much point in trying to compete in any serious way in future battles, but I will join and offer myself up to the slaughter.

There seriously needs to be some sort of way to counter, or have kills restore health to full, or a full retreat mode, or...... something. Best strategy is trying to vulture in on some mass attack on some player? Seems weak. Lets put it this way. It would be a huge understatement saying that this arena has room for improvement.

70 thousands fights to win is awesome. Id say 5 had a chance from start. How about a fun game for us peons (that would be the rest of us, as in NOT the 5 I said had a chance previously... as in the general assembly of non elite players here in PC.... yes, thats you... my word lad, let the water reach the roots! YES! Now you are getting it!)

7. meandyou

meandyou Banned

you got good point polish i work few things out myself as for stamina that not a problem for myself , but it sort of takes the shine off the braging rights for the lower levels if then need help to win in the game like you said they have not work in the main game hard enough now if the top level wins then he or she has got full braging right as he has won and over come thier handy cap in the game , thats the way i see it , but they ways the devs have done it is the only fair way that i can see to even out the playing field

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

hmmm can't be bothered to read all the info, yet have ideas for the arena, that is rich lmao

There were quite a few "low levels" meaning below alittle 2,000 and alittle above, they are clan and I know how hard they worked on their character builds, that made it to the final hours, because they played smart and for other various reasons, I believe anyone with a build that is more balanced has a good chance against those that chose a countering or caging way to play the game. this is all out battle , no room for countering, just like counters have no place in getting a bounty.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  9. My final word (I think) unless I think of something else lol...

I think the Battle Arena shouldn't necessarily go off your base stamina, I think there should be a stamina fund where you can transfer stamina from your main stamina count into a battle arena stamina fund, this should be limited so that everyone can have the same amount of stamina, because it's hardly balanced if a level 5000 has 3000 stamina and a level 750 has 500 stamina, it's going to be hard for the level 750 to get kills, so it be easier for the higher levels.

I don't know I think something like that would get people more competitive and it might last more than 18 hours or so lol... :)

10. Bubba

Bubba Member

Not sure you understood my post on this. I was speaking of battle losses and not health loss. When you are attacking someone, there seemed to be a lot of losses and more than in the regular game. This used up more stamina to kill off a pirate because when you loose a battle, you do not do as much damage to them. I think this is due to the random generator in the battle mode. I just wanted this tightened so that when you are attacking another pirate, you win more of the battles (if your stats show you should win).

*edit: In other words make the stats (skill points, clan, loadout and equipped items) and percs be more profound in the outcome of the battles and rely less on the random generator portion. Yes, you should still loose battles when attacking, I just noticed a huge increase in that stat in the arena vs the regular mode.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  11. Bubba

Bubba Member

Lurkers

I think the issue with lurkers was exponentially frustrating because of the lag. I don't know how many times I would dump 300+ stamina into one pirate and get down to the last few hits then have the system lag on me and when it came back up the pirate was dead and could not be attacked anymore.
    It has been said that the lag issue is fixed (since there is not another arena now, we can't check), so the frustration with loosing the kill may go down. Again, this is strategy and you have to decide if you want to go around trying to take down a healthy pirate or take down one that is nearly dead.
    How did I know another player was not attacking them at the same time, because almost every kill I had (with a health meter in the same general range) took about the same amount of stamina. So when I pumped in that same amount of stamina, but did not get the kill, I can assume with good probability that another player or multiple players were not hitting that same pirate with the same amount of stamina. One can also get an average of the damage they do over a period of time so that you know that if a pirate has 400 mil health left and you do 1 mil damage (on average per stamina) then you will need 400 stam to take down this pirate. If you use 350 stamina and did not get the kill, it is safe to say that another pirate did not use up 350 stamina as well (since there is a min level for the entrance to the game). It is still possible, but when it happens several times, the chances are not likely.
    Again, it is strategy. I do think changes need to be made to make it more of an all out battle, but preventing someone from stealing the win is not one of the changes.

12. meandyou

meandyou Banned

buba there were no lurker that fact are that they all started off with the same fight list and every one was hitting the same player as in 6 hit one 6 hitting another one and so on so losing a kill was not down to being clever it was luck of the draw the problem was that the dead stayed on the fight list even after the refresh the ones that did not fight and got placed it was also luck if they had been on the fight list then they would have been gone at the start , it so simple you can fight dead ones and you cant fight the ones that dont come on the list there were to many dead ones clogging up the fight list , but the devs say they have that sorted , as for stamina ussus every player has unlimited amount of stamina to available to them , if you decide to buy it , this is again so simple to see if the devs caped the stamina then they simple would not make any money , the devs got to eat as well they are giving you a frre game to play how you think and if you want more then you have to pay to play , and i think my self that the stamina that i bought was worth every penny for the amount of fun i had , i amfed up seeing players complain about the game that they get free and then complain they dont have this and dont have that , if you really want somthing go out and get it we live in a world were the dollar is most impotant thing to life without money you go hungery

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

NO limits on stamina or anything else for that matter, the next time the arena comes our way you will have a few days notice, set your daily rewards for stamina only and save them up, time when you use your 24 hour boost so it is available to use save up some DJ points you get from the calendar and bosses , and in the meantime work on your stamina, this way if you cannot afford to spend any money to buy DJ points you have some backup, there is always a way around things, if you think it thru

14. polishpimp

I couldnt disagree more. For starters....If stamina were limited....what happens when everyone runs out? Or are u saying that it is unfair that some players simply having more stam to begin with is unfair because they will have to refill less often? I disagree with that as well....limiting stamina would then be a disadvantage for the more aggressive players who use more, weve already seen some issues with players using no stamina doing very well in the rankings, could u imagine how long it would take to finish if not for the more aggressive players? I think the last thing we would want to do is make the arena last longer....if it lasts so long that a player cant be monitoring their account the entire time the arena battle is going on....then basically the end result is just going to end up being random as players regardless of strategy would be getting knocked off while they were sleeping.

Maybe the most important thing to consider in regards to stamina is that if u have a large amount you are already at a signifigant disadvantage when it comes to "perks". ""Perks" are awarded to certain attributes (health, att, def)based on percentages of total skill point allocation. In essence you are being penalized for having high stamina, the more u have the lower your perks will be. This is especially unfortunate for the higher level players because of the increased need for XP to level dictates that we invest much more in stamina than the average player

So basically limiting stamina would penalize high stam players twice.

1. less perks

2. refill stam more often despite having invested heavily in it

Thanks but no thanks

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  15. polishpimp

Kano how come your not using the anti boot math equations in the battle arena? With the enormous health levels and the number of clicks needed to take down an opponent It would seem the perfect opportunity for such an abuse as a bot. BRING ON YE OLDE MATH EQUATIONS!

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

And again I will address the lower level vs the higher level in the arena, there WERE quite a few mid level players that hung in there to the last couple of hours, and alot of high levels who burnt themselves out way to early, the arena uses 1 ( one) stamina but click if others started the game later and do not have what they think they need to survive in the arena, I feel they do not have a fullest understanding of the game as of yet, of course there is always something new to learn about the game, there is so much info out there and many people willing to answer questions for players not well versed in the game, so stop asking for limits and adjust to the game . anyone has a chance to do well in the arena, if they know what the heck they are doing.

most of us with half a brain, learned something to help in the next arena, so it should be even more interesting , I for one cannot wait, working on my character in earnest .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  17. Good point Polish I forgot all about the perk system, it's just someone made a valid point about how many attacks you'd need to stand a chance, and as a mid-range level player like myself I wouldn't stand a chance at those figures, I have OK Skill allocation, but I just seem to not fair well, I was attacked about 400 times which led to my death, and only won about 5-6% of the attacks against me, Very well done to any low level player who did well, but how I don't know lol

18. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I think that KANO had gotten a handle on cleaning out the dead pirates clogging the fight lists, it seemed that as the night wore on there were less and less dead ones. I still think though that once you go in to defensive mode you should have to stay there for the duration. This in and out ability seems to defeat the main purpose behind the arena, that it is a free for all fight to the death.

19. polishpimp

I hear ya. I think if a player doesnt have a whole lot of stamina and or is unwilling or incapable of refilling their stamina thats on them and they will have to let the lack of stamina dictate their strategy. But the choice is there, its up to the individual whats more important to them....a shot at winning the arena or buying some limited items. I think having that choice is a far better option than automatically being penalized for high stam especially when continued progress in the game dictates that u have it. The Xp for someone like me to level is so outta whack with the cost of stamina.....I have to choose to either barely level and use my meager SP to strengthen my account or go all stam and be the weakest account ever. Well there is also the option to throw boat loads of money at Kano too.....but I choose not to do that when the more powerful I become the more limited/restricted I become, Just doesnt make good financial sense....lol

20. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eric could you explain how a player can get strong in the arena , there has to be an optimum strength, as you have introduced a formula to even out the field , rewarding some players and handicapping others , so to be fair to all the players so they can allocate their skill point in the right place so they get to the optimum strength it would be very kind of you to let the players know wat it is , as your formila is didit to make players even , there has to be a piont even if you put a1000 skill pionts into attack it will still not make you any stronger as you formula take care how strong u are

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.