Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The Battle Arena is a free for all mode where players over level 750 can fight until the last man standing. All players must join the arena before it starts. The arena goes until there is 1 player left or time runs out, if time runs out health remaining is used as the tiebreaker.
    What happens if health is also a tie?Unlikely,but still possible.What then?

2. Eric

Eric Administrator

@bobbyc - although there is randomness in the attacks, you will benefit more from having a greater clan size which will contribute to a higher attack.

@bethranderson - Myspace and Facebook, anyone in the arena can be attacked regardless of friend or clan, regular gameplay is not affected, stamina boosts are allowed, any other boost will have no effect in the arena, counters are not used, regular game stats are not affected, and yes captains count.

@lord - with the health up in the hundreds of thousands, it is unlikely that will happen, if it does it goes to who has more kills.

3. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

maybe 1 time you could let ppl heal (before they died that is once dead they stay dead) wouldn't that be crazy LOL

4. Gracie OMalley

Gracie OMalley New Member

All good info here..thank you :) On another tack...Battle Arena asks for a nickname when you join....What would be some of the pros/cons of creating a nickname other than the one everyone knows ye by in the regular game? Thanks in advance!

5. BubblesGalore

BubblesGalore New Member

Where would I find the interface? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on my gamefeed.

6. anchorage Douglas

anchorage Douglas New Member

I have a question about the timing of game play. It looks like it is scheduled to start at noon on Wednesday and then last for three days (battle time), if this is correct how can a person play/stay at the computer for three days? Also how can players be there when the clock starts if they are at work? I don't see how a feature like in the hospital with a timer would even work I remember there used to be waiting timer for collecting bounties that did not work too good.
    I think more instructions are needed other than the small amount that I've read so far titled "Battle Arena Help" I know there are quite a few gamers here playing that are unemployed and a few that are retired they tend to stay online for 15+ hours per day.... but for those of us that work this will be hard or close to impossible if you are offline for 8-10 hours per day.
    Unless I have missed another page of help I am lost. I do see so far there are 156 participants that have entered so far, so is there more help to read anywhere?

7. Bubba

Bubba Member

Battle, Battle Arena or it is right on the Home Page until you join.

8. Bubba

Bubba Member

How does the larger clan size help? It is not stated in the help section, it only states that your attack perk is calculated by the percent of skill points you have used toward Attack and that your attack damage is your attack perk plus the armed items attack value.

9. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

defensive stance

so, I am very excited about trying this out, but like Douglas, I will have to be away for hours at a time, sleeping, living in the real world, etc.....If I set my pirate in defensive stance and leave her there, could I get kills from others attacking me? my defense is not too shabby.....

10. parker

parker New Member

I'm having an issue with viewing my profile in the arena. I have joined the arena, it says you have entered, but when I click on my nickname in blue, it takes me out to the regular game home page instead of my arena profile. I know at least one other person is having this same problem.

11. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I think this is because it doesn't start until the timer hits zero. So you've gotta wait until then to start doing stuff.

12. Eric

Eric Administrator

@gracie - the purpose of the nickname is to create a unique identity in the arena that is searchable and easier to identify different people. Your identify is hidden if you choose not to reveal it, so any rivalries stay in the arena and aren't carried over in regular gameplay.

@bubbles - interface is located at Battle -> Battle Arena submenu. If you don't see the banner on the home page unfortunately you are not a high enough level for this particular arena.

@anchorage - the arena ends at last man standing or 3 days, most likely this battle will be over in less then a day. This is why after this first arena, we'll look at the stats and be able to tweak them for even more accurate gameplay and timing for the next arena. Each subsequent arena start will be time shifted from the first, so if this one starts at 12pm, the next one could start at 5pm and so on. The help will also be updated with the extra information contained in this thread.

@bubba - when calculating a winner and the damage dealt during an attack, the attack value of the attacker is compared to the defense value of the defender along with some randomness. If you have a much higher attack value the probability that you will deal more damage is greater. For damage received, the defenders attack value is compared against your defense value in the same manner. Just like in regular battles, your clan contributes to your attack/defense strength.

@diva - defensive stance is a good idea when away from the computer, but like the perk states, the greater skills you've put into defense the more defensive time you can get. Yes it is possible to get a kill when someone attacks you if your damage dealt is greater then the damage received.

@parker - this issue should now be fixed, let us know if you see any other problems!

13. robbailey66

robbailey66 New Member

The pc battle arena starts at 03:00 my time. I will be in bed when it starts, so if I join now can I assume I will be a target as soon as the battle starts? If that is the case what is the point joining now, can I join anytime during the battle?

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@ Rob.......... you have to join before it starts, just be in defense mode if you will not be at your computer

15. robbailey66

robbailey66 New Member

Ok, i'll give it a try, thanks.

16. Margaret Cunningham

Margaret Cunningham New Member

cannot access my Arena name profile - kicks me out to home page - social feed

I joined the Arena - have a name.. YET when I clink on the "Your Details"
    "Profile: ---------name here------------ - I cant enter to see my Arena profile details - not at all.
    I havent heard about anyone else having this problem. When I click on my arena name in blue - it kicks me over to the home/social feed page!

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am gonna give it a shot also, it is gonna be a free for all, last pirate standing lol

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Not sure but Kano will be open in a few hours they are on pacific time,

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  19. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

same here, parker. And? Eric did I read correctly that you can hide your identity in the arena????? swwwweeeetttt

20. jlang13

jlang13 New Member

I'm having the same issue as Parker, Margaret, and Diva... When I click on my nickname in blue, I'm taken to the main home page. I cannot see my profile...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.