[VC] This week in Dev.. TGIF!.. "Use more skill" edition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, May 5, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Battle Arena Progress:
    This week for Battle Arena Survivor we were working out bugs, working on the UI and tuning and balancing the perks. Some design time was spent specifying the reward structure for completing the arena. The top XX% of players will get additional rewards based on performance, these rewards are XP, Cash and Favor Points. The amount of reward you get will be based on the number of players in the arena, the more players the greater the rewards. It will also be based on which position you placed and your current stats. Next week we will working out the final kinks and we plan to have a beta test middle of the month.

Changes this week in game:
    • Mobile: Battle/Fight Help, Punch Help feed support. Hitlist feed items link to target.
    • Game History entries for Counter Attacks now show how much XP was earned
    • Made changes behind the scenes to the mailing system for newsletters. Can now accomodate promos and quarterly newsletters.

Player Bans:
    In an attempt to be more transparent about the efforts we're making on cheating in game, we've decided to start posting numbers of our bans weekly if we have them available. Here are some numbers from this past week. This data will improve in accuracy and verbosity with time if we can.
    ~5 day freezes this week
    ~1 week freeze
    ~30 permanent bans

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Interesting, will have to check if I got a newsletter.

Are these bans totaled for all games or are they game-specific?

3. kayjay

kayjay Guest

are the newsletters out yet?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

No not yet. The work has just been done behind the scenes so we can send them out, they should go out next week if all goes well.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Good news all around...TY! Does Kano still plan on charging diff amounts for entry into the arena based on level or income?

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Considering it's the exact same in the LCN thread,I'd say its totaled for all games.

7. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thanks kendall

8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

when bans and freezes are shown, would it be possible for you to break it down by which game and platform they were on?

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

@Demonik1,seriously?Kano seems to have a hard enough time just finding those numbers.

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

no, i was joking. that's what i do, ask questions i don't want a serious answer to. doesn't everyone?

11. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

Oh man, beta on middle of month? I'm going to be very busy with Diablo 3!!

12. Deltan

Deltan Member

Eventually we'd like to get to that stage, yes.

13. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Will the battle arena be on both facebook and myspace for beta testing?

14. Deltan

Deltan Member

Good question, uncertain at this point, my guess is that it will be on both.

15. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

That sounds good

16. kayjay

kayjay Guest

any news as to when the news letter is coming out ?

17. Deltan

Deltan Member

We're analyzing results from the first letter and making some changes, this week I hope!

18. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Will a player be able to do a unlimited amount of attacks in the battle arena? Or is there a set number of attacks a player can do a day, like 10 attacks a day as an example.

19. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thanks deltan