armada and alliances

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Linda, May 2, 2012.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

another question from a player

What is the purpose behind the alliances when for the most part it can become nothing but a hassle when people armada hop or you accidentally hit an alliance that you haven't clanned from the fight board? Maybe alliance members we haven't clanned be hidden from our fight boards?

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Don't see the point in this.That will only make the fight list smaller.

3. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

1st Point...Set Requirements to start an Armada

1st Point
    Mark i copied and pasted my post from Lindas Rock the developers boat for a better PC
    Jim Flanagan: Mary i have said that there should be some kind of level requirement for someone to start a guild/armada or if they had guild/armada trophies and achievements that followed in individual stats (Armada Stats) it would show you have experience, and (after xxx amount of achievements you unlock the ability to start an Armada) every newbie that doesn't get his way or throws a tantrum can go play armada boss. Half the existing leaders don't know what they are doing :confused: never mind under level 1,000. there should be requirements prior to starting one. How can you run an armada and take ppl in to nurture them as a freshman, when you yourself haven't learned the game or earned your own stripes yet. :confused: So we let them promote themselves and impersonate an officer? :confused: and encourage the cycle within that group? its ridiculous, it just spits out more confused players and creates more drama from lack of experience from the top down

4. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

2nd Point...Accidental Attacks

Mark i copied n pasted my post from Lindas Rock the developers boat for a better PC
    Alliances n fellow guild members should not show in ur battle section. period, if u want to attack you should need the players link in order to do it, so its 100% deliberate and no mistake about it. This causes so much drama between leaders and Armadas when they feel slighted or disrespected :eek: b/c someone hit them or a member :rolleyes: Again this comes back to inexperienced leadership inside an armada that tends to set off the drama.

5. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Marys Reply to ViPCEO RE: Drama

Mark I copied Marys Posted replies to my post regarding starting drama
    Mary: Oh yes Jim it does. Just because it says armada alliance doesn't mean it will keep some people from being attacked. lol Kano wants people to fight. It is a fighting game after all. lol
    15 hours ago · Unlike · 1
    Mary: Sometimes I think about doing what some have done and just go start my own armada of me. Just me and no alliances. If they aren't clan... tough!! lol

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yes none of this is a concern of mine personally, just something some wanted to discuss :)

7. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Mary...

Jim: Exactly, its not an immunity idol (an Alliance) like in survivor lol, i tell ppl what did u expect, they cant fertilize your crops lol its not farmville, your playing a game that gives rewards for this, hit the magic refill button n you wont be dead anymore, don't want to die again, stay dead the 1st time and do missions, Build your attk n hit em back, do anything but dont cry :'(
    When players are taught this from day one, they quickly adapt and understand how the game is played, again the inexperience in leadership feeds into the hysteria created when an underling posts a message into the armada feed crying for war and the leadership, officers/leader respond in the same fashion instead of nipping it in the bud and minimizing it. But the best part comes when the leaders go out of their way to tell their players if your hit by an alliance member its bloody murder and 100 messages start to fly as they summon the Calvary and prepare for war in response to lil Bobby got pistol whipped or cagematched..sniffles sniffle or lil wendy was attacked and i can prove it from the rival list...WAH :'( I know how we can fix it, i will bounty lil bobby n lil wendy so they will know what a real attack feels like from the worlds toughest bounty hunters in the game, now check ur rival list LMAO j/k you get my point.

8. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Lord Breakfield...

One of the developers thought this would be a good discussion to bring into the forum so Linda did us the honors of starting the thread for us, Lord Breakfield, do you run an armada or belong to one? I for one agree with not shrinking our battle lists, but something needs to be done to address the issues of the alliance problems and the novice players that run the armada that cause them. Any ideas? please feel free to kick this around

9. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

For the Record...Where I stand on Alliance issue.....

For the record i tell my alliances that it is PERFECTLY FINE TO HIT ME if their players or themselves need to get their dailies done or even if they are just bored lol, and i also state that they do not have to be polite about it, there's no rules that says 3 or 5 times is the max so anything over that is an act of war, i don't remember reading that clause in the Kano TOU So why do inexperienced leaders tell their members there is an unwritten rule, there are no rules of thumb regarding this. Again this comes back to inexperienced leadership inside an armada that tends to set off the drama. The best one i ever heard was an armada of bullies got caught sleeping from a group that passed them in levels and when they got hit back they cried uncle, and after they cried uncle they returned fire for what was to be their payback, but expected no retaliation LMAO, when the shoe was on the other foot they never let you hit them back, they had last hits n last words, they would dictate. Now they threaten to report people for unfair gameplay i love it, they win its ok, they lose its a violation.

10. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

I was asked for my feedback on this issue.. so please, save any nasty comments. I am sharing my opinion as a well seasoned player and armada leader.

1) Our armada voted 25 - 0 to have 1 alliance.
    a) no matter how hard i tried to explain to alliance members, when a bounty goes up there is no time to look and see if the person being bountied is an alliance member, so our bounty hunters are going to catch their bounties occasionally. The response from some alliance leaders was .."okay why don't we all clan up?" ... NOPE, bounty hunters want lean clans so as many bounties as they can catch are available. Well that answer did not fly with a lot of people. Also, I would say, wouldn't you rather have an alliance member catch you, as a opposed to a foe? People really couldn't grasp why that was a better scenario.
    b) 1 v 1 battling. We all know that there are certain stretches of levels where our battle lists are lean. Everyone should know that to get certain achievements you MUST battle. When battling an alliance member both players should approach it slightly different in my opinion.. i.e., don't whip, don't post the alliance member for whips, and set up a pre arranged signal if it is a bad time for battling. For instance .. there was a player I used to battle with and if it was a bad time for either of us we would send "My clan offers a truce." message. Or, we would first send the "Prepare for war." message and wait a minute or two for the other player to send 'Yes" or "No" message back.

2) As an armada leader alliances were nothing but a pain. The constant whining was almost unbearable and the amount of time it took to respond to messages, well it ate up a lot of my time.

3) The comments in this thread about people being upset about being attacked, etc. do bear out the theory that there are armada leaders that just don't get it. This is a battling game. I keep saying over and over, almost every achievement available to be had can be tied directly back to a battling game scenario. People play the game differently and players should learn their opponents, i.e., who they can play against and enjoy their game, and people they should avoid if they don't like their style of play.

In the end? I think "alliances" don't really work well and cause armada leaders more pain, less gain.

IMHO.

11. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Kim Willis Pieratt
    Okay! I know to go to the forum, but I want to start here. On my feed, on pistol whip requests, it tells me which armada the requesting player is in, but NOT the intended pistol whipping victim. I have an Aliiance with DUST, but I keep hitting them on pistol whip requests, and they are getting upset. I do not mean to whip my alliances, even if they need it. (and they sometimes do, lol) I need to know who I am hitting, not who I am hitting for, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the whining from alliances Can Be Unbearable. I pistol whip from my clan feed, cannot see whose armada the intended victim is in. Wears me out. Would be Nice if Alliances could share bosses, etc., without clanning. I feel like alliances at this point are a FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. and Heck, no, I am not clanning because someone has joined an alliance.......the very idea. lol

12. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Tracy.......

I agree with your humble opinion, maybe Kano should put a notice into the games FAQ that states what we peppered this thread with, this game is a battle game, 2/3rds of it is based on stamina, bosses n battles (2/3rds of the games based on fighting something) so it would make sense that most of the achievements are based on this as well. Its only common sense, but common sense seems float out the window sometimes and again Tracy this issue would be easier to deal with if it where not for so many novice armada leaders, b/c you really dont get a true feel for this game until you break lvl 2k, b4 that most players cant see past the noses on their own faces. To have a level 800 player coach mentor n lead an armada of newbies is insane

13. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Linda.......

It should have been a concern of yours Linda, your a moderator and this thread was started at the request of a Kano developer that read the posted feed from the Rockin group. The developers wanted the thread in the Kano Forum so other Kano eyes could read it

14. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Diva.......

Thats another good idea, you should see both, the person your whippin for n the persons full tag your about to whip. And if in an alliance or member of an armada shud give you the same player exchange rights as clan, gifting, bosses, assists etc. Good point Kim!!!!!!!

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just because I am a moderator I have my own opinion and I do not and have not or could care less about alliances, if I was in an armada and wanted to pw or attack someone an alliance is not gonna stop me, so stop telling me what I can care about , I am first and foremost a Player. thank you

16. Jean-Philippe Bacou

Jean-Philippe Bacou New Member

Good post Tracy, I share your point of view.

The main problem is whinning from one about one who is in alliance everyday.
    As the alliance amount is limited, why not a kind of "false clan" feature, built as a check box that one can tick for those he doesn't want to battle with in an allied armada? This check would consider them as clan for every battling features except for bounties.
    Maybe complicated to implement, but at least, everyone should know the rule and it will avoid constant whinnings!
    You want to battle someone, don't tick the box, if he wants to battle too, he doesn't tick the box. if he ticks the box you can't fight him! So eveyone should be happy.

My 2 cents