[LCN] This week in Dev.. TGIF.. Battle Arena edition.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

We are currently beta testing the battle arena. Today we had 5 people in the arena battling for dominance a high level and four lower level players. The four lower level players could not take down the high level player. We plan for the arena to last a few days before the sole survivor is declared. This beta testing will give us a rough idea on how we are going to tune the numbers so we can reach that goal. After that we will do a public beta test to see what you, the players, think of the feature when hundreds of players are battling for dominance. Our design direction on the feature has changed a bit since testing, we are going to reward a lot of health on a kill, so killing opponents is one of the most important part of the arena if you want to survive. Looking forward to seeing you in the arena soon!
    [​IMG]

2. Looking forward to this, I really hope the battle arena is balanced for all, Personally I have high attack and Defense stats, not a lot of boss drops or workshop items so I'm naturally weak, if the game worked on attack and defense stats alone, then I'd fair better, so would really like to see Attack and defense carry a lot of weight, more than the Workshop or special items if possible, otherwise I'm just going to get nowhere in the Battle Arena... I know a few people in my syndicate have set up like this also... :D

Anyways look forward to it, and great concept art. :D

3. DMQ

DMQ Member

Any progress with this ?

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm...so u consider balance to be setting up the arena so that it favors your type of build? What about those who rely more heavily on drops and items rather than skill point allocation? I doubt they would feel that it was "balanced". Im not trying to give you a hard time here but I shudder every time someone says "balanced" and then goes on to state that how balance should coincide with their build. The reality is that no two builds are exactly alike and regardless of how arena scoring is configured...some one is going to have an advantage while someone else will be at a disadvantage. The one and only way to make this fair for every last player is to have every single number/stat speak for themselves regardless of allocation or level. Taking away the strength of one player in particular area in an effort to level the playing field with another completely takes away from what every player has spent time and /or money doing to get stronger in the first place does it not? If all players were handicapped or restricted in someway to level the playing field it pretty much would leave things up to chance which doesnt sound attractive to me at all. Some players are just stronger than others whether its through allocation, strategy or drops, these players should have the edge they earned and it should work as a motivating factor for those that arent as strong yet. Sure....some players would simply get trounced on....but thats the way it should be until they get stronger. Sure....some players will win more than others....thats exactly the way it should be if they are stronger. This allows for people to actually use their heads and formulate strategy and alliances in an effort to take the stronger players down. Much like in the real world....things are rarely matched equally and people and or countries must figure out for themselves how to achieve their desired outcome. Handicapping someone who is stronger would be like the USA going to war with someone yet not being allowed to use the Air force or a professional boxer not being able to use his best punch. In the end its up to player whether they want to jump into an arena full of more powerful players. Live and learn and take away as much as u can that will help better your own account

5. DMQ

DMQ Member

Bump... is this still being worked on.. ??

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes it is. We ran into a couple delays, there was a bug going around the office that a few developers seemed to have caught that has put it behind a bit. It is getting close to a beta release.