[ZS] Coming Tonight: Boss helper max damage will be persistent and more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Persistent storage for boss helper max damage set by owner will be pushed this evening. Boss helper max dmg will now be persistent through all bosses. If we lose another cache server (knock on wood we won't!) it will no longer reset the boss helper max dmg. The downside of this change is that when it is pushed out this evening all bosses will be reset one more time.

[UPDATE]: change is now live!

Changes include:

• Boss max helper dmg will be persistent from boss to boss, for example if you set max and or min, that will now carry to future bosses. Current behavior is that it would be reset each time and we found that the players that were setting them were continually resetting it to previous level.
    • Max helper dmg is now saved in persistent storage, when cache servers die those values will not reset
    • suicide by boss no longer possible, will just drop you down to 1-health
    • Max dmg a helper can do has been set just below the max health of the boss, this should eliminate the cases where one player comes in deals 100% dmg and boss owner does none. We will put a fix in that will not let a boss die if an owner has done 0 dmg and boss close to dying, that is on the short term todo list and will hopefully get that change out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i level by killing bosses now i cant finish them thnx to this BS... a lot of people post bosses and do 0 damage so other peeps can kill them... guess ill only kill my bosses from now on and not help others so i can get my xp... thumbs down :(

3. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

It will just mean an adjustment to how people start their bosses. People will need to hit a boss before posting, if they hit them before they send them out, there wont be an issue. As everything else, when a change comes out, we all do a few adjustments, then we are back to playing as normal. So no stress...just adjust.

4. AnnT

AnnT New Member

agree with Lady jewels. It just means that when some poor schmuck forgets to actually do a single hit on his own boss, someone else can't come in and take the boss completely. I've done it...opened a coop, posted it...and then come back to find that I didn't do enough damage on my own boss to get a reward or a boss kill. You'll still get all the xp from joining, and from doing 99% of the damage.

eta: means those of us schmucks who open bosses for the boss munchers need to actually remember to hit our own bosses once :eek:

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

killing someone else's boss without them asking someone to do it , is kinda rude , IMO

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Can you just do 1 attack to your boss or is their a certain amount of damage you have to so others can kill it.

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

As the Boss owner, you have to do a certain amount of damage before others can kill it.

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Why can't it just be 1 attack? This is a real pain in the butt.
    All your doing is stopping whoever does all the damage from getting full xp for killing it.

9. I really don't see the logic in this. My bosses expire before i am able to complete my portion. Plus I will not waste other slayers stamina for one of my bosses that has the likely hood to expire. If and when I get my portion of damage done, that is when I will post it to the feed. I am very leery now, if the boss's owner is able to their complete share before the time is up. I don't how may times I have wasted my stamina, on other Slayers bosses that have expired, do to the fact the owner didn't complete his share!!! :confused:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  10. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I'm finding this to be a royal pain. It's not forcing them to hit it just so that others have to.