[Other] New Boss idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deltan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Calling this idea "Bounty Boss".
    What if there was a boss that had some pretty amazing item drops, cash & xp rewards upon completion. But... the catch is there's a significant percent chance that on attack he may place you on the bounty list!

Just brainstorming ways of introducing new mechanics, ways to introduce new elements to static systems :)

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

An automated player to kill me why not. I like this idea. gave it a 10. But if there is a chance on maybe cutting half the experience loss if the boss places you on the bounty board compared to a regular player putting you on there.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like it a lot....as long as the rewards were worth the risk and the players bounty didnt increase once triggered. Sounds like a fun idea! Gave it a 10

4. So what

So what Member

BRING IT ON.....lmao W T G DELTAN

5. I love this idea! :)

6. Jessica

Jessica Member

As long as you get more exp by attacking the boss than dying from it I'd be all for it. It needs to not increase the hitlist price of the user though or someone could greatly abuse it by just keep attacking the boss so their price would never reset to something reasonable.

7. Doug1202

Doug1202 New Member

i like the idea but need some work it cant be a win win situation if the drops are that good like he is saying is a gamble if u go to bountie u lose xp but it should be reasonable depend on the player level

8. I like the idea, BUT if it's not like the world boss, where not everyone has a chance to the same weapons. Since every one runs the risk of being hitlisted/bounty then we all should have a chance at getting the same weapons.

Note: I haven't voted yet, so if you answer my question and I agree, I'll give it a ten or a 0 if i dont like the answer.lol.

9. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a "bounty" hazard like this, where you go for it, and you can randomly get listed. This sounds like fun and also a crackerjack random thing to occur at any time. It makes the hunters realize also that some folks will list back/retaliate but if the prize is worth the risk, I can dig it!

10. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

I like it, what if their were % chance lists for this boss like on the turf wars.

10% chance of being hitlisted
    20% chance of 'x' item
    10% chance of gaining 25% of a level's XP

And some smaller long shot's

1% chance of 5FP's
    2% chance of dealing 10x damage
    2% chance of recieving 10x damage

10 stars!

11. polishpimp

I think the odds ought to be 50/50 and that the reward should be worthy of the XP lost by triggering the bounty

I also think the rewards would have to be tiered...one size definitely doesnt fit all here. The tiers should be close together say 500 levels or less. An item that a level 5k might get isnt gonna reward a level 8k nearly as much. basically I would want to avoid the whole battle drop scenerio

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  12. Interesting.... Can not think of any reasons to give less than a 10 on this one at this time. As long as the listed person's bounty doesn't increase. Would you go up on bounty at the completion of the boss or are there chances to go up multiple times while hitting this thing? And where would the coins come from to list the person? What would these coins do to the economy as a whole? Also, I think the drops should be relative to level. Very Fun idea~!

13. polishpimp

I would hope that a player would go up immediately and have a chance of being listed numerous times. I agree that the bounty price should not be increased. Dont think adding the coin to the economy matters.....coin from the lottery seems to come from nowhere.

14. alka

alka Banned

This idea worked well in an app that has now passed it's sale by date.
    You gained a ticket from killing a mod or dev and when you cashed it in you could get the equivalent of UN's or get listed. Sometimes you could be listed 3 times off 3 tickets which reduced the chances of mod and dev kills(so be careful).
    Adding it to a Bounty Boss sounds interesting and if it means there's a chance of a better hit list then it can only be good for the game.

Something to take into account is, for those that can ride the list and still attack the Boss, what will happen if they trigger a listing again?

You rated this thread a 10/10
    Rating: 10/10 from 15 users
    No change from last week

15. polishpimp

R u asking what will happen if they trigger it again while riding the list?

maybe go up again immediately after coming down
    not be able to hit that boss while on bounty
    get knocked off bounty page

16. gods people

gods people Active Member

i like this idea. this would spice things up a bit. nice 1.....

17. Look, I know some people like to bounty hunt, and sometimes it feels like the bounty list is just idle and there is nothing you can do about it, but adding dumb ideas like this on to the game is not the answer.

The game rewards you with xp from things like jobs and calendars. You don't lose xp from negative things in the game, like losing a fight, or not defeating a boss in 4 days. You only lose xp from getting listed at the discretion of someone else, or from fighting a boss that is out of your league. You certainly do not get added to the hitlist by the game.

I rated this thread a 1 out of 10, and if there was a way to rate some of your comments on this thread, they would get the same treatment. I cannot even believe this idea came from an admin.

18. kayjay

kayjay Guest

yes its fun one of the other games i play has that !

19. polishpimp

Well considering your the only 1 out of 18 that gave it a poor rating...guess that makes u the only smart guy eh? Fortunately this would be something players would have to opt in for...making your point pointless.

20. Congratulations, Deltan! I think this is potentially one of the most exciting ideas I've heard in a long time. How fun would it be knowing you could go up on bounty at any given time? lol

And, if the rewards/drops/exp are worthy of a person's level, I am all for it!!! If they are something I can't use, it wouldn't be as much fun.

I too agree that one's bounty price should not be more than their minimum AND should not raise their price to actual game players or that could easily get out of hand for many.

Nice, innovative thinking there, Kano!