Confirm Button Needed for Purchasing items and stam and energy in pirate clan

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by Jon Ward, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Question for the group. How many players would like to see a confirmation button added into the games for purchasing items. They said this as the reasoning behind not wanting to do it.

I believe we recently struck down an idea on the ideas board along these lines. A confirmation introduces extra clicks that we didn't want people to deal with. They slow everything down.

Now the question is how many of you would deal with an extra click if it meant you did not have to deal with by accident clicking on an item and losing your davy jones points. This would go for the stamina boost's and energy boost's also. Many of us have clicked on these items by accident. Some were stuck with it some weren't. If you want a confirmation button for these please say yes or no.
    Like · · Unfollow Post · Saturday, March 3 at 2:33am
    Wayne Carroll, Marce Dutch Matson, Mary Stover and 4 others like this.

Jean-Philippe Bacou yes
    Saturday, March 3 at 2:53am · Unlike · 1Reply

Vincent West i agree as its so easy to click and buy something you never wanted . i end up usually with full stamina which i didnt want !
    Saturday, March 3 at 3:13am · Unlike · 2Reply

Linda A Connors extra click fine with me YES
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:09am · Like · 1Reply

Linda A Connors Stamina Refill Buttons
    When fighting a boss / rival players have complained about the placement of the refill stamina button, we will look into this next week and make appropriate changes to reduce the opportunity for mis-clicks.
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:20am · Like · 2Reply

Linda A Connors this was part of the announcement in the forum
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:21am · Like · 1Reply
    Jon Ward I saw that to Linda if they can do something for that why not just solve the issue and make it a confirm button option. We have to do it anyways when purchasing davy jones points off there site so it should be the same way for items.
    Saturday, March 3 at 9:25am · Like · 3Reply

Linda A Connors agreed
    Saturday, March 3 at 9:26am · Unlike · 2Reply

Shelly Burford-Burke Yes /wasted points too many times!!!
    Saturday, March 3 at 9:28am · Like · 2Reply

Linda A Connors BUMP
    Saturday, March 3 at 10:28am · Like · 1Reply

Mary Stover agreed. extra click to determine a purchase never hurt anybody. but instant click when you don't want to do that is a bad oopsie.
    Saturday, March 3 at 11:46am · Unlike · 4Reply

Linda A Connors BUMP
    Saturday, March 3 at 12:52pm · Like · 1Reply

Vincent West Bump .... the devs ship and make them sink if they dont !
    Saturday, March 3 at 1:00pm · Like · 3Reply
    Jon Ward bump.
    Saturday, March 3 at 5:33pm (23 hours ago) · LikeReply

George R Burd Jr yes got stamina boosts i never wanted
    Saturday, March 3 at 6:53pm (22 hours ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors give us a confirm click, or we sink the dev's lol I like that , let's hold them hostage muahahahahahahahaha
    Saturday, March 3 at 6:56pm (22 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply
    Jon Ward There is over 170 something members here. We need more players to comment on this post with a yes or a no. For the developers to even consider adding this into the game. So please show your support or non support for this.
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:11pm (21 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply

Chris Schuchardt Smith Yes, please
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:12pm (21 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply

Carol Richie yes it would help if we did get a confirmation button lol hugs
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:20pm (21 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply

Shane Seeley yes for me
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:54pm (21 hours ago) · LikeReply
    Jon Ward This post is non relevant now. They just added a new feature that allows you to hide or show the offers on the main page. So in a way they finally listen but did it there own way. Which this way is fine also. Thank you for everyone's support on this. Now all they need to do is figure out something about the stamina and energy part which i believe they are working on.
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:56pm (21 hours ago) · LikeReply
    Jon Ward Thank you Mark Sears Eric Haight and Cara Fla for doing this for us makes it so much easier now.
    Saturday, March 3 at 7:57pm (21 hours ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors how is that gonna help when fighting a boss and getting low on stamina , and the board jumps and clicks on stamina refill for 10 dj points ??????????????????????? whether i want it at that time, or would rather wait or use a stamina boost ?????? that is where i want the confirm button.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:05pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply
    Jon Ward They are working on that part Linda from my understanding still on the stam and energy. But at least they finally was able to let us hide the items on the main screen.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:07pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors ok but they did say the did not want a confirm button , and that is and was my suggestion, cause it would cause an extra click, the thing is most games do ask if you want to purchase whatever before it just does it automatically. I cannot...
    See More
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:11pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply
    Jon Ward I am fine with the hiding on the items because you will not need a confirm button since you will not use up favor points on them anymore by accident. But yes the stamina and energy unless they move it somewhere else on the screen or make it confirm or hide it still needs to be worked on also.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:13pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Mary Stover I want a confirm button to purchase anything Jon. And not a hide button on the home page. I have clicked on Clan before to see about items and before I could click to the right thing the page jumped and I clicked on purchasing a DJ item I didn't want. It's the page jumping that seems to be a problem for many people. This is why we need a confirm button too.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:16pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply
    Jon Ward They can still look into a confirm button. But the main thing was the main screen. Is the one that really gets a majority of individuals i always hear about. Or like linda was saying the battling or doing bosses and run out of stam or energy and accidentaly get it from there.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:17pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Mary Stover Confirm button there hasn't been a problem for me. I just don't like the huge pics on the home page. In your face pics.... I enjoy my artwork when it's not so big. And I do like looking at them so I have no plans to hide them. I'll just deal with the huge pics.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:20pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply
    Jon Ward Gotta give a little and take a little at a time. It's a work in progress. so we have won a small part of the issue. If need be we can still keep at it. But be honest how many developers have worked as hard as these one do in all there games. You can barely get zynga to find there head from there asses when asking them to do something. Kano is always working on something.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:20pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors yeah the pics have been there , what less than a week, and I barely notice them anymore, but for months I have written into the forum about the jumping board and the forcing of using dj points when I do not want to. it is something that has been a problem since I started the game, :(
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:22pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply

Linda A Connors even on the old DB wall i use to ask for it, they are just not gonna do it, and that is not cool
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:23pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Mary Stover I'm still waiting for the hover over a pic and get the name of the person. Even my clan, I forget who it is when they change their names or pics. Been asking ever since they changed this well over a year ago. About a year and 1/2 now I've been asking and I'm not the only one. :(
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:27pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 3Reply
    Jon Ward Be patience grasshoppers. The time will come for everything. Just takes time and not giving up.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:34pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Mary Stover grasshoppers... pffft!
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:34pm (20 hours ago) · Unlike · 1Reply
    Jon Ward Well i would have said killers but i didn't want the fbi to come knocking on my door.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:35pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply

Linda A Connors Mary and I are killer bees
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:38pm (20 hours ago) · Unlike · 2Reply

Mary Stover lol And here I thought I sometimes had a barracuda attitude. (hijacking your thread. sorry... sorta.. lol)
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:50pm (20 hours ago) · Unlike · 1Reply

Valerie Wood YES. It just nailed me again...10 points I didn't want to spend. It's getting tiresome.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:53pm (20 hours ago) · Like · 1Reply
    Jon Ward Was it the stamina and energy issue Valerie Wood
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:54pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Valerie Wood YES
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:55pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors yes very tiresome and annoying
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:55pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Valerie Wood It really is that. If nothing else, put an UNDO button that can only be accessed one time.
    Saturday, March 3 at 8:56pm (20 hours ago) · LikeReply

Douglas Kindy yes
    12:50am (16 hours ago) · LikeReply

Ludmilla Ponor yes
    12:53am (16 hours ago) · LikeReply

Gerard McCracken Yes.
    2:20pm (2 hours ago) · LikeReply

C Misty Shepherd yes
    2:46pm (2 hours ago) · LikeReply

Jennifer Smail Yes
    3:32pm (about an hour ago) · LikeReply

Shelly Burford-Burke Again i had saved points and that extra click refilled my stamina.i say again YES please address this issue .
    4:27pm (36 minutes ago) · LikeReply

Linda A Connors so as we can see we Want a confirm button and we need it now, so please rethink the position the devs have taken, we can do with an extra click for a confirm button, that excuse for you , the dev's deciding against it , show me one thing, ...... ....and it is not good :(
    4:59pm (4 minutes ago) · Like · 1Reply

2. Jon Ward

this is just a hand few of players in the rockin group for pirate clan. I am sure if we posted it outside on everyone's facebook pages you would get even a bigger response. And once players see this post in rockin i am sure since we have almost 200 people in there alone we will get more comments. So please reconsider it. We will deal with an extra click its not going to bother us one bit at all.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

In what areas / pages are the majority of mis-clicks occurring?

We enabled the ability to hide items on the home page for a session to aid in reducing mis-clicks in that location.

4. Jon Ward

Kendall its in every section people have issues with it. From the items which having it hide is a great reducer and we appreciate that. But myself i would rather see the items because of how hard you guys worked on the art to make them and they do look so much better bigger. The simpliest would be a confirm button. The other issue is when you do battle a person or a boss and you run out of stamina the purchase thing is literally right there smack dab in the middle and if your not paying attention to how low your stam is when it runs out that box will pop up and you will click it. Same goes for energy also doing the adventures.

5. Carol Anderson

Carol Anderson New Member

we need the conformation Button so please everyone vote on this please thank u hugs

6. Ellie Esquiro

Ellie Esquiro New Member

This is a great idea... I always click on get more stamina/energy and I never want to because I am getting rid of it in the first place. It is right where the button is to do the mission or attack. Please give us the confirm button.

7. Firebrand

Firebrand New Member

same thing happens with mis-clicks in LCN :)
    seems it's a problem across the board

8. Jon Ward

bumping up

9. clubber

clubber Member

How about ppl pay more attention where they press? Is this a better idea?

[​IMG]

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lol ""that was easy"" :)

11. Pasty PJ

Pasty PJ New Member

I have no problem at all with an extra click for something important, like potentially wasting my davies by error. In fact, i'd prefer an extra click for that.

12. Jon Ward

Thank you to all who are responding to this thread. Even clubber who is very amusing on his postings. Always need laughters in games. Keep them coming and keep voting so we can add this into the games. And who knows maybe clubbers big red button will be the addition.

13. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

A confirmation window when purchasing the limited items would be much appreciated.

14. Gave it a "ten".

15. Jon Ward

Thank you all. Keep it coming not sure how many votes we need to prove to kano this is a necessity and it will help so much on players never losing davy jones points anymore.

16. alka

alka Banned

On Lottery I clicked on ok twice and bought a ticket in error. I do not want the ticket and would therefore like my 2 Un's backs.
    Maybe you need to add a warning that a purchase is going to be made as it's easy to make a mistake.
    thank you

Hello Martyn,

Unfortunately, I am not able to refund any lottery ticket purchases. Maybe it will be a winning ticket!

If you have any additional issues, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    Cara
    Zombie Slayer Support

Why don't you share your questions and ideas with your fellow

Pathetic. There is no reason why it can't be refunded.
    If the game was coded properly there would be safe guards in place to prevent these sort of problems!!!!

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A confirmation before buying stamina would make me happy, if not I guess I may have to come up with my own solution, which means suck it up losing DJ points when I do not want to , or not spending any more money, when my dj points run out, this way I will at least have at least some control, only chance losing DJ's I earned during play, guess when I get there I will decide what to do :)

and it just happened again Really really sucks when it happens, :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  18. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

Okay i vote yes to give this feature to players... but can't frigging figure out how to rate the thread or vote on it.. so hope this helps.

19. petelegpeg

petelegpeg New Member

Yes, we need confirmation button for stam refill.

20. jon french

jon french Member

Tracy - you have to login to the forum to be able to rate threads.

This gets a 10 from me.