[VC] Cache server down. 6:10pm PST

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hi all,
    We just had a cache server go offline unexpectedly. This one was human error, not a crash or instability. Whoops! Should be resolved shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This downtime was due to the inadvertent stopping of live services running. Since our outages on the weekend, we had started new servers up and were confused with inactive ones. Some overzealous clean-up on behalf of operations caused the downtime. The good news is that we have not had any errors or downtime since the weekend due to the problems we were having.

Game data that was reset...
    • game history feed.
    • took out rival list.
    • boss damage limiter.
    • gift counters.
    • attack limits.
    [Update 6:35pm PST] Everything should be back up and running as of 6:27pm.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Giggles

Giggles New Member

I take it thats why those on the bounty can not be taken down (fb) .. why is it that the 1st bounty placed is still up yet I was put up and also killed off the list????? something not right about that... has put a Bounty on you for 4,670,755,621,560 coins.
    Raise your Bounty cost by increasing your Income.
    12 minutes ago -- You were killed by.... and lost -3,455 XP.
    12 minutes ago

3. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

I may have done that.

I managed to figure out that the rivals list had reset on a few people to give you unlimited hits and slaps. Nothing more satisfying than 10 conescutive slaps resulting in a kill on Himself. Hope he was sitting there saying, WTF.

4. Giggles

Giggles New Member

hahaha yes you did do that... and strangly enough the 10 slap kill on himself made losing xp due to a server issue not so bad... lol

5. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

Congrats

BLACKDETH

I may have done that.

I managed to figure out that the rivals list had reset on a few people to give you unlimited hits and slaps. Nothing more satisfying than 10 conescutive slaps resulting in a kill on Himself. Hope he was sitting there saying, WTF.

In response to Blackdeth....

yes we all figured that out, it just takes a, well....very "special" kinda person to then come and brag...post...about it. But here...I found your viking helmet and cape. I know you are looking for them. Shielding eyes, don't sit there naked, put them back on man!!!

6. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

Yes, I am pretty special. I think its fantastic you noticed, whoever your are.

So what if I like to play vc in the nude...that takes "balls" especially when your favourite place to play is in Starbucks.

7. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

My apologies...

<------Lady McDeath. I am known on Myspace as Lady Jewels ;)

As for the people at starbucks...I will leave it to you to make your own apologies. BTW, is that where you go to make your long term guild relationships? Just curious, does it help to be nekkey? or were you glad I returned your cape and stuff? I must hand it to ya, it does take nuts....oh wait, our squirrel took your nuts. He is stashing them for when we rebuild our guild and kick your trash. Just sayin....never underestimate. Unless of course your sitting at starbucks in a birthday suit...not watching your nuts. :p

8. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

Trust me, we all think you are special too. I am glad the short bus goes by Starbucks. How sweet. buglicker.gif

9. Giggles

Giggles New Member

Haaahahaaa too funny

10. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

sniff...the "long term guild relationships" comment really really really hurt my feelings...sob

Im guessing this is some sort of inaccurate reference to the way we are building this guild.

I am sorry if I insulted you by asking you to join our guild. I watched your style of play, both of you, and felt that you are good players.

As for the other three that joined up with us from DVOW. First of all, they approached us. Second, Vern and Jacki have been friends for a long time. Vern was in a guild we started two years ago now: Legends. In fact, 8 or 9 of us were in that guild.

So do not insult the memory of that great and hallowed guild, by implying that this guild, BX3, is but a quick fix.

Perhaps you should rebuild your guild and focus on the task at hand rather than attacking me for thinking that maybe you just might want to work together. My bad. Just sayin'.

11. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

Ahhhh, hugs!! Such a defensive position. Wouldn't wanna hurt your feel bads. My bad, I didn't realize you had such an extensive past with all my guild members...oh wait, you didn't. As to you sending invites, if you thought Jen and I had such a great game play, wouldn't it have been a wiser choice for you to join our guild instead of creating a great division and creating your own guild? We were in second place the day you separated our guild and now neither of our guilds are in a great position. So, looks to me like neither of our guilds are the better for it. So, if you ask me, you didn't do anyone a huge favor...but whatever, not going to argue out statistics with someone who plays vikings in the nude at starbucks. Just agreeing that you indeed are special. :rolleyes:

But really, not upset with you, ^5....keep up the great work.

12. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

Speak for yourself. My guild is doing fine and finished 3rd last week. This week we had a few people with real life comittments that have necessitated a much more laid-back approach.

Again, you return to the notion that we somehow took members from your guild. This is simply untrue. As I stated previously, we were approached by three members of your guild and later a fourth followed along with his friends. You seem to mock what I said about relationships, but again, Vern has been friends with people in our guild long before either of you ever showed up on the scene.

Let's just agree to disagree. At the end of the day, your guild amounts to a few people doing points. It is a weak guild destined to be forgotten at best. You had your opportunity to join with some of the best in the game and to learn from us. To bad your own myopic view of your guild prevented that.

13. Giggles

Giggles New Member

Ahhh yes Legends and we all know how well that guild worked out.
    Not negating the fact a few of you have been friends for a long time but your style of send guild invites to every member of a guild regularly truly is shady business my friend.
    As for the three that you say approached you... good luck with that one errr I mean three :p
    No hard feelings here, it's a game and currently a very amusing one at that...

14. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

<----agrees with Giggles. Hehe....:p

Besides, someone is a lot more fun playing in his birthday suit.