[Other] Custom avatar for factions

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by clubber, Feb 22, 2012.

1. clubber

clubber Member

What should I say more? I was thinking instead of the old boring prelisted avatars (see below) to use our own creative avatars. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

And don't take me about the size it will take on your belowed servers. The default image size as of those prelisted avatars is 15-20 kb.

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Yeah would be good to see this. Would be nice to have other ways of putting a personal touch on factions to.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i like this idea . Ive also mentioned in the past that i thought it would be cool if we could add a song or music to both our guild page and our own home page.

4. Maler

Maler Member

me like :)

5. Sour_Rubbish

Sour_Rubbish Member

Awesome 10/10 !

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. Rand Althor

Rand Althor New Member

Custom avatars would be awesome!!!

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Bump for some more votes :)

8. Kilo Duh

Kilo Duh New Member

bump hump bump :p

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Anytime that we allow for custom anything there seems to be abused and thus an increase in support messages. Having to choose from our options leaves less room for offensive or inappropriate content. Maybe we can look at adding more options though.

10. clubber

clubber Member

Abusing of what? We already have our own avatar displayed on platforms and we're abusing them? Please consider this, we need more customization in your games.

11. Deltan

Deltan Member

We discussed this idea in our last meeting, would it work if we used the Faction leader's avatar on FB or MS in lieu of a custom option? The problem is that order to deliver something in a timely manner, it would require a significant development effort on our behalf to implement a proper custom solution.
    This would also be a loyalty tier benefit in our minds for a few reasons. One, it'll keep inappropriate avatars to a minimum. Two, it is a premium offering.
    Oh also, how about just more emblems added in general, or a contest for player submitted ideas too?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  12. polishpimp

I think the whole idea of custom avatar is a great one but I do understand it would be a bit more work such as policing their appropriateness, but I think it would be easier to police than players personal avatars.

How about allowing guilds to submit avatars to Kano first and only allowing changes every so often? Or maybe just have a very clear disclaimer that inappropriate guild avatars will result in a stiff penalty?

The whole leaders avatar thing sounded ok at first....but after some thought it just sounds kinda cheesy. I def dont like the idea of it being a loyalty item

13. uuuummmm.... Personally I don't feel like my face is The Face of The Templar Clan, lol, so I have to vote NO to that one.

Sounds good ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

14. I opened another thread not knowing that there was one already this one in progress so :

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...a-photo-in-to-the-faction-division-box-frame-)

I personally think everything is open to abuse if someone has that mindset but as long as there is a way to report abuse we should have that angle covered

Name-Rank-Number maybe some peoples thing but I would like to have the opportunity to express myself

Wouldn't changing your name in the game be more open to abuse because this can be done at level 1 ?

Opening a faction is something done by players with a certain standing in the game they have to be at a certain level and need a fare bit of money to do so.

I would also think that changing your picture would also be chargeable like the other faction features after the first time so not too many players will be changing it everyday.

15. Love this idea too :)

16. alka

alka Banned

Why not have a system where by you add the avatar after giving it your approval? That solution should ease the complaints!

I think this would be a great addition to Factions/ Armada's etc.
    At the moment I can set up a Faction and call myself any name that's in use today and add any of the awful images on offer to look like the real Faction. I've done it to annoy someone in the past.
    What better than to have your own Avatar to disguised the real guys from the fakes?

10 from me..

17. polishpimp

Couldnt agree more!

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

I can understand why Kano doesnt allow us to have just "any ol thing" as our faction picture. and i dont think its because of the cut and dry reasons of offensive material. I am sure, copywrited material is also a factor. Using your facebook profile picture as an avatar in the game, would not be kano's responisbility if it is copywrited material... Where they let you upload pirated pictures and use them... I dont know, I am not a lawyer, but I see it crossing into a grey area that may cause some legal trouble if the right guy was appointed to the job.

I am in full agreement with this idea tho... there just doesnt seem to be enough options for a faction picture. I think there should be hundreds of options. Now, I dont think there should be any DEV time drawling theese options at all, I think they could buy rights to use a slew of pictures from "somewhere" pretty cheap. That or have a period of time that they are accepting donations from the players, possibly a mixture of both.

19. clubber

clubber Member

And if faction leaders take all the responsability for the armada avatar? Also, Kano can add to their T.O.S. some paragraphs about this. As for implementing troubles, I doubt that, they done some time ago something that looked impossible but, they did it with success (talking about hi5 > movement).

20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Rating is pretty good so bumping it up :)