June 8th Developer Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Changes posted:

- attack / defense weighting in fights has been increased, this change was done for a couple reasons:

1. To give players that have invested into att/def a fair weighting for that value. We have said for a while now that we would be making a change to weight att/def more in fights and this is the start of the change.

2. Attack and defense are important in boss fights, with this change they are more important in regular fights than they once were

With this change we also plan on increasing the # of skill points per level so that people will have a chance to increase their defense/attack if they have not been. To make this change we will need to take down the site which we have planned for tomorrow night.

*********We will be taking Mob Wars:LCN down for maintenance at around 8pm(PST), unfortunately all Rival List info will be lost.*******

This is the 1st attempt at increasing the weighting of attack/defense so let us know your feedback.

2. daz

daz New Member

so how are you going to calculate the att/ def and if i have got say 5 more att than some one 600 levels above me same mob size will i still win

3. is this just for mob wars or is this going to take effect on the others as well?

4. Good news !!!
    stronger att/def always welcome :)
    Is there will be more explained info in Mob Wars FAQ / Help some like- how new att/def will be calculated ?

Soon the same upgrade will be on Viking Clan and Pirate Clan ?

Thank You Kendall

Jack

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If you have 5 more attack, equal mob size / inventory strength than someone 600 levels above you, you will still win.

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Right now this is just for Mob Wars:LCN. We will monitor the feedback and if players call for it in the other games we will listen as we always do.

7. sounds good 2me will be waiting for other Kano Apps :)

8. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

Will you be adding the difference in skill points to players' accounts for the levels they have already achieved?

For example, you increase from 3 to 5 points per level and a player is level 101, will you be adding 200 points to make up the difference had they just now started playing?

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, you will get 200 points to make up the difference. We will have to take the game down to make this change.

10. cesarr

cesarr Member

Will boss fight times be paused

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Unfortunately they will not but we should not be down for long.

12. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

From all the players, thank you Eric and the Kanos Team.
    I will be looking forward to adding all my additional skill points into defense. ;)

13. mr moody

mr moody New Member

:edit:

nevermind, misread some things

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

5 Skill Points per level change is now live.

As mentioned, att/def of your mobster now carries more weight than it did previously in fights so invest the new skill points wisely!

15. Lady Vigilante

Lady Vigilante New Member

Thanks

Game will be a lot more balanced now :)

16. Jesus Forbes

Jesus Forbes New Member

Lovin it guys!

You have been impressing me all along with updates and care to app users!!! This has been the first app that I decided was worth tossing real money into and have thrown down about 600.00 so far... Keep up the great work!

17. Thank You

Eric.. Just wanted to say Thank You for doing this!! Its about time..lolol.. You made a TON of people very very happy including myself... I wasnt on at all yesterday so when i woke up this morening to see all these changes then see this post i am soo happy about all this.... See how easy it is to make your customers happy.. When you listen to us & we are happy we will spend.. Customer is always right...lol

18. DaBoss

DaBoss New Member

sORRY TO PUT A DAMPER ON THINGS!

Eric i appreciate all you guys are doing but i see one small issue. Att / def will be stronger across the board wich will not balance things out as planned. The extra attributes will help us bring things in balance slightly but the the hired guns and katanas will still out way attribute / levels......can you not make it so every 100 levels gives an advantage in att / def. This is the only way players will want or need to level other wise theres no point passing lvl 200 as a lot of players are doing now they are sitting low and buyi8ng hired guns knowing fine well they can beat the highest level players in the game.......this needs to be sorted out wheres the goal. We should be leveling to get stronger to get an advantage. im not convinced that simply giving axtra attributes will resolve this. Higher levels will most likely add mostly defense to fend of those lower level big mobs whilst the low level big mobs will know this so they will add mostly to attack. I see this been an almost pointless task for you guys UNLESS every 100 levels att / def values are increased.

19. DaBoss

DaBoss New Member

see aint fixed

Me:
    Da Boss Level 653
    Attack 1010
    Defense 910
    Mob 1087
    carrying
    * 1 Smoking Jacket

* 1 Armored Bentley

* 1 Q4 Pump Shotgun

* 864 Samurai Katanas
    * 1 Triad Desert Dragon
    * 1 Triad Cleaver
    * 221 FIM-92 Stingers
    * 2 Nissan GTRs
    * 899 Armored Bentleys
    * 2 RAH-66 Commanches
    * 1 Armed Dune Buggy
    * 1 Helicopter
    * 1 Cargo Plane
    * 181 Nissan Skylines

Against Tom

Jesus Forbes Level 388 (half my level)
    Attack 685
    Defense 559
    Mob 1383
    * 1 Interceptor Armor

* 1 Hell Cat Tank

* 1 The Intervention
    * 266 Sumo Wrestlers
    * 1,095 FIM-92 Stingers
    * 10 EOD Bomb Suits
    * 9 Interceptor Armors
    * 136 Smoking Jackets
    * 1,206 Exoskeletons
    * 185 Armored Bentleys
    * 2 RAH-66 Commanches
    * 1 Helicopter
    * 8 Armed Dune Buggys
    * 1 Nissan Skyline
    * 428 Nissan GTRs
    * 736 Stretched Bentleys

Tom wins both ways (hired guns should give an advantage but damm guys half my level with only 296 hired guns extra) Hired guns still massivly outweigh level!!

20. Thank you for the changes.. They are welcomed and being enjoyed :D