Attention valued hi5 KANO/APPS players!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty much everyone has agreed that if Kano gets their own site and combined everyone in it, everyone will be happy.

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I think a pure Kano Site where all players are merged together would be the best, however, you don't code such a thing in but a month.

I think, it's best to see what Kano's final verdict on what is and is not possible is.

For now, we should wait and let Kano have some time to sort this out. After all, they were hit with this out of the blue like us. Which is another point to show the poor business policies of hi5. For such a drastic change they'd have to notify the developers of games some months prior, not a mere three weeks. Because no one can tell me that such a decision was made on the spot and that it wasn't on their sheets already months prior to announcing it. In the end, they left everyone hanging and the players and devs have to deal with it.

3. Maler

Maler Member

true, but what can you do? sue them? they don't care.
    as for the migration, i'm curious as to how and when will it happen.

4. Das liebe Beil

Well, I'm pretty sure it's possible to sue hi5. The prices for coins are one example, 55 Dollars for 10.000 compared to 100 Euro for 8.000? Next the stunt of giving game devs no prior warning, that they considered or planned taking the games down. The second might even outweigh the first as this stunt hurts the game developers greatly and it's poor business practice.

I personally will give Atheistic as much of a lift on Pirate Clan as I can do to make him #1 there. And then it's goodbye for my pirate, as I don't want to play this build on fb and I have a bigger MS Pirate.

I personally feel that MySpace could benefit from new players, as MySpace, even with all its flaws, is the better network for gaming, when you don't want anyone and their grandmother nosing around in your personal life, which can and will happen on facebook. Hell, bigger companies often check the people searching a job with them in the internet and they do love to nose around facebook. facebook tries to force you to reveal personal data, hiding it is often a long and annoying process, while you don't need personal data to register on MySpace, nor do you have to reveal anything personal.

5. Ionut CurieruL

Ionut CurieruL New Member

Right to the point Das liebe Beil ;)

6. Ionut CurieruL

Ionut CurieruL New Member

Wonder Woman i see that u are with us.
    I hope than in short time Kano will see what can be make, and if will be more than 1 solutions, WE, (all players from all Kano games) will have the chance to choice. U will make 1 thread to vote :cool:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. Calin G

Calin G Member

8. Das liebe Beil

That's about as reliable as The Onion.

If it was true, I'd celebrate. But for now I'll wait for the European Court for Human Rights to finish sueing facebook.

9. Calin G

Calin G Member

Yes but that mean's the end of mobwars:))...since hi5 dind't want to continue with kano apps facebook will close and other social sites aren't so populated:))

10. Maler

Maler Member

who cares ? it's like Zuckerberg said : we get to enjoy our real life, not stay glued to the PC screen or telephone. however, i have to agree with Das liebe Beil, i doubt the source is official. No one in their right mind would shut down a multi-billion dollars business.
    it seems the discution has died. maybe it's for the best. there's nothing we can do. Kano has to do all the work. if they succeed transferring the accounts as they are, with clan, chieftains, achievements, maybe i will play.

11. Calin G

Calin G Member

da frate dar sa ne zica mai bine ca ne inchid sa-mi iau de-o grija:))

12. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

Hi there!
    After more than 880 days- since I play this lovely game - someone decided to remove Viking Clan from hi5. It's their decision, but hundreds of people won't move to Facebook and will close their accounts. It's up to them what to do with their games, but WE are more than upset. Those people from Facebook made you hi5 a deal or an offer they couldn't resist and they planned to throw us into oblivion. It's not very polite to do that. They practically force us to play VC on Facebook.
    Let's say we decide to continue playing VC on that website: would you be so kind to give us all OUR work back??? I mean points, level, achievements, chieftains a.s.o.!!! Otherwise you have my promise that I (a 3022 level player on VC) give up! A large number of vikings will do the same, because IT'S NOT RIGHT!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Olof, we will be communicating a plan in the near future. As stated above, we found out about hi5's decision to remove third party developer games (we are a third party developer) at the same time as the users did and we are still unclear on all the details. So to be absolutely clear, hi5 did not give us a choice, they notified us at the same time as the users and it was their decision to remove all of the existing games on hi5 and not ours.

14. I understand the need some time to figure out what to do! But .. Kano started by saying that our accounts would most likely be moved to Facebook! This I can not believe is the right solution if Kano don't want to lose the majority of their players. Most of us on hi5 came from facebook and moved by many different reasons. I'm sure that if you choose to migrate to FB most likely only a few hundred would choose this. the big majority will stop. To keep almost all the players your only solution would be to create a new site, many have already been suggested. And on HI5 the end date is 15 Feb. NOT end Feb. !!!

15. Maler

Maler Member

how can you so sure it's 15 february? i thought it's the 26th.

16. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

Hi!
    I got the picture, but that is still unfair! Take hi5 to the court, sue them! They must pay for their miserable action! In case you haven't noticed yet, hi5 is already full of ads about Facebook!!! When I play Mahjong, their ads jump in front of me!!! On a rival website, right?!?! Rival, my a**! So, dear Kano, SUE THEM! We support you!

17. Profile: You'll now have more customization control including access to over 15,000+ skins, drag and drop ability, and an easier skin creation tool. Your current profile skin may not be available. Avatars and fives will be discontinued. To improve security, hi5 will no longer be displaying private information such as your email addresses, phone numbers, and IM usernames. Please copy all the info you need before February 15, 2012.

18. Rodas

Rodas New Member

Hi there.

Most of us already have a Facebook account and if we dont play there is because we are addicted to Viking o hi5. What will you do about hi5's decision? Changes is an option? Valid to you maybe but for the players??? I mean if we wanted to play on FB we would be playing but simply its NOT the same. What about all our progress in the game??? im forced to agree with Olof when he says ITS NOT RIGHT!!!! SUE THEM!!! What the hell!!!! It was end on february now on the 15th???? Im trully disapointed with the situation

Best regards

19. Michel

Michel Member

I think it's the end of the Vikings game for me. I'm at level 3800 and most likely I will stay here. I have a FB account and also play Vikings game, but a much lower level. I'm really sad, I've been playing for over 900 days and now I will lose everything.

20. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

C'mon, vikings, don't give up your hopes!!! Keep your heads up, maybe those stupid people would realize that this game is a part of our life and act like a normal people!!! Not like a real b***h! Let's all stand together!!! KEEP VIKING CLAN ON HI5 TOO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.