[ZS] Developer Update January 24 - Squad Contracts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

We just released some Squad Contract updates:

• Ability to enable/disable contract spots allowing you more control over the power rating of your player (player requested change). This allows players to now disable the increase power attacks if they don't want them.
    • Persistent storage of recruit posts for Contracts, no longer inactive links because of loss of cache, as promised we will continue to go through features to minimize the impact to users when caching servers die
    • Player profile links only show if they are an Squad/Friend, this has been one of the top support issues that has been on our todo lists for a while. If you have a rival that you have had interaction with they will show up in your rivals list, if you are using links to punch friends of known rivals that is not what the features intent is, there are other ways to pick up rivals instead of getting them through Squad contracts.

As always feedback on this change is appreciated.

Update:

-Friends/Squad members can see links of squad contracts even if they are not friends with the players, this will still allow for players to make new connections through those channels.

Update 2:

-Profile Links will also show if you are Faction members with the player or profile owner.
    -Faction tags are included with the players name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  2. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

Change it back.

This "update" is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And I know that a lot of others agree with me.

Profile links should be available to click on from contracts. And I better be able to sneak into my friend's contracts when they are EMPTY without them having to post a call for help.

UPDATE SOMETHING WORTH WHILE. This is a waste of money and time, and it's seriously disappointing that you guys are wasting time on stuff like this.

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Hash, here we agree completely, while the disabling of Elites has some use, the deleting of links from the Elites is a really bad thing.

4. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I can't believe they wasted time and money on such a stupid, unnecessary update.

Way to go Kano, you're tuning this game for people who SUCK at fighting. They can go play FARMVILLE if they don't wanna fight, quit tailoring Zombie Slayer to players that are P*SSY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We just released an update see above.

6. CRAZYBEAST

CRAZYBEAST Member

ugh i hate this update -_-

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What specifically is this update preventing you from doing that you were able to before?

8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

This update has now officially given me nearly nothing to do.

No one attacks me so all I have left is the HL.

Only way I even get close to getting someone to fight is by punching someone and hope they punch or attack back.

and why on earth would anyone want to disable their contract so they can brag about how strong they are? How silly.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. Facebook gets an invite friends to punch and we get our ability to punch taken away?

Could you please explain why this is a good update?

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I agree with your statement about the request for punches, I will investigate and if there is no major issue with releasing that to other networks we can likely get that out this week.

With respect to picking off players contracts, could you not join a faction and share rivals that way?

10. AlterEgoT

How do we share rivals that way?

11. AlterEgoT

I still see no advantage to this update. How is it helping anything?

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Through the faction feed?

13. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

They shouldn't have to join a faction.

14. AlterEgoT

well all I can say is folks get ready to call me a bully. Now the only people I can spend money on is the same few people. Since our faction pretty much all has the same enemies.

Sorry to those I happened to have trapped. Tag you are it.

ETA: by the way those are mostly hidden folks. So much for THAT being helpful to you.

15. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Honestly, this is a fighting game. Why does everyone get to hide? First, you give the option to hide faction members and now this. If people can't deal with getting attacked or punched, then perhaps they should find another game to play instead of whining to Kano support about it.

This was at the top of your to-do list? I would hate to see what's last on that list. Why is there a 2 week poll for increasing Boss attacks but this just gets implemented without any feedback?

16. AlterEgoT

I find it ironic that in trying to fufill the wishes of those whining about bullying they are just making it more and more where higher levels bully the ones they can find.

Guess it goes to show what is going through people's mind when they complain. Each of these updates is restricting me further in who I fight. So as these people complain more and more about being bullied they suggest things more and more that makes them the target of the very people they are complaining about.

17. CRAZYBEAST

CRAZYBEAST Member

Kendall what i dont like about it is that u cant click the link on someones contract

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

Its a weak update... The whole idea of squad contracts is so you can show off your friends... If someone is afraid they are going to get hurt from being in my contracts... then why would they fill them?

I want people to see my profile... Im proud of my stats, and am always happy to get a few extra rivals..

I also have to say... This automatically disabled link, just because they are NOT in my squad is even worse...I dont just pick on people from contracts... I also add them...

I was just looking at Alter Ego T's contracts, and I was going to add "a random guy" (thats his name) to my squad, being that shes told me he's a good friend. link is disabled.

That was actually one of my big tips for new players... go thru the world leaderboard, and those peoples contracts... I guess thats all out the window now.

If you want to let people hide thier friends profiles... fine but at least make them put forth the effort.

two thumbs down on this update. shame shame.

19. AlterEgoT

Yep complaints have started already.

Fight your own fight messages have begun.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If you are viewing a friends/squads profile their contract links are available to you even if you are not friends of theirs. Is Alter Ego T in your squad? If so, and you can't see their squad contract links that may be a bug because we pushed out an update that gave you access. So you should be able to reach friends of friends.