Fair or not ?

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Andrew K, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Is LCN fair to all players ?

I am a defense player, the game obviously favors attackers with options such as adrenaline boosts and force attacks.

Attackers have the ability to choose using force attacks to win against defensive players as myself. The cost is only a few stamina points. But Defensive players have to spend High costs to ambush their opponents in order to win.

In my opinion in order for this to be a fair game attackers using force should also be charged high costs to use this feature.
    I am a daily player joined 750 day ago I get attacked by several players and I mostly win but in some cases I loose due to force attacks I get hit by some players using 37% which is a high advantage In order to overcome the 37% I have to ambush my opponents. Ambushing my opponents are extremely high! While my opponent spends $0 just a few extra stamina until we run out of cash. Needless to say that ambushes are capped. So if a chainer comes along I have to remove ambushes from other players (loosing the cash I have spent) then spend more cash to ambush the new chainer.
    I have spent trillions! on ambushes for what and why ?
    I ambush my opponent 6 times spending billions while my opponent spends 0 cash then uses force 10 till I'm sent into the meds (6x10 = 60 stamina) How long will I last ambushing my opponent ? We don't have unlimited cash. I will be chained relentlessly until I go broke :( and that doesn't take too long lol

Fair ? I don't think so :(
    How about putting an option that will give defensive players the ability to use extra stamina to defend themselves? Or even defense force ?

This is how my mobster is set up:

With Loadout
    Max Energy 501
    Max Stamina 500
    Max Health 5500
    Attack 365 808
    Defense 4953 5300

Some might say I'm crazy some may even say that there is no way I can loose but the fact is that I do loose and if I don't loose to some that I have ambushed sometime I get punched to death and sometimes listed by there higher lvl friends.
    I understand that all games are never fair 100%
    But favoring attackers at 0 cash costs and charging defensive players to spend HIGH cash costs to ambush their opponents just to get punched or listed is not fair.

Ambushes should be set up using stamina and not cash, same exact option as an attacker has. Or charge attackers that use force same amount of cash as it would cost me to defend my self.

I wish you all a great New Year
    Andrew K

2. i had suggested a defense boost before

it didnt get very far

it would work like a attack boost

when someone used a stam boost on you the defense boost would kick in

as long as your stam could maintain it you would counter there attack boost with a equal defense boost

but once your stam runs out then you take normal damage

this is a idea i wanted but it pretty much got shot down

unless you wanna revive it

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?3718-defense-boosts

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  3. geckster99

geckster99 Member

o spend much less on ambushes, as my health is high And can withstand chaining - nowhere near billions....After getting chained a hundred times or something its cheap to ambush And ambush em as theyre incoming attack can kill them too And does. I'm interested in what gives high ambush damage. Some players give 6000 damage. I assume its because they have high defense ; high health but am not sure. The devs know though. Can you tell me, please. Back to your question, is lcn fair is like asking is the jungle fair to all Animals. Its kill or be killed at times. Its not fair but it is clever. btw yr health is so low for a 750 day player, no wonder yre an easy punch kill....Also yre worries bout cash yet u have low energy too.......good luck, mate... o guess u don't get attacked very often, before yre in hospital but would like to hear from you, with that defense how many attacks from players on the fight list before yre a patient........

4. you look like a modified version of my viking

Health 10500 / 10500
    Energy 117 / 832
    Stamina 30 / 2100
    Total Attack 2316
    Total Defense 7439

5. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Usually I am hit 7 times before i"m in the meds, I will be attacked constantly until I either stop using ambushes or until I run out of cash ;-) but that's not the point.
    The point is that we the defensive players should have the same option as a high attack player has. Spending 0 cash and using a few measly extra stamina to overcome their opponent.

It will cost you 172,794,988,432 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush. This amount increases every time I ambush ! Not even mentioning the 2 stamina When this opponent attacks me he will stop using force and hit me until my ambushes are out.

Does it cost you or any other player 172,794,988,432 to using force ?
    We should have a defense force to use and be charged only stamina.

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I wouldn't call 10 stamina cheap because stamina is more valuable to an offensive player than money. Changing the 10 stam for money would only make them happy, believe me.
    I think it's fair as it is because both players have to use what's more valuable to them: money for the defensive player and stamina for the offensive player.

Also an ambush is a 100% win while an attack boost is not. I have seen players using a 32% boost against me and still lose. That's also a waste of stamina.

The fact that you have spent trillions on ambushes means you also use them against non chainers. Ambushing a real chainer is really really cheap, costing you only a few billions to set up a lot of ambushes. Of course it's not fun to lose the money if you remove ambushes but maybe accepting a few losses and saving your ambushes for real chainers would save you a lot of money.

7. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Here is an example

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

Your ambush was a success! You were attacked by ?????. You won the Fight, gaining $500,000.

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

Your ambush was a success! You were attacked by ?????. You won the Fight, gaining $500,000.

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

6 minutes ago delete
    Ambush

1st ambush It will cost you 8,954,488,536 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    2nd ambush It will cost you 17,908,977,072 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    3rd ambush It will cost you 26,863,465,608 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    4th It will cost you 35,817,954,144 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    5th It will cost you 44,772,442,680 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    6th It will cost you 53,726,931,216 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.
    and so on .....
    Do the math ... approx 183 billion And this guy is cheap!
    Some start at 65 billion and up so I wouldnt say its just a few billion Its costing me trillions!

8. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Maybe some jobs that drop boosts (attack and defence) instead of weapons/armor/vehicles would be something to think about. At least a player has to sacrifice some other items to get them.

9. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Yups, you won all those fights. And to win the next fights with ambushes it will cost you more and more and more ...
    Like I said, you will have to accept losses too if you want your ambushes to become cheaper. Ambushes are a defence against chain attackers. They are not introduced to win every fight for peanuts $$$. That's why they are expensive at first but become cheaper and cheaper with every attack of your opponent.

10. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

It is not about winning or loosing its all about high attackers having an extra leverage against Defensive players by using boosts! As we have nothing to defend against a 37% boost attack. There should be an option to defend with the same amount of boost that will cost us the same as an attacker meaning stamina points. We are sitting ducks against high attack players.

11. gods people

gods people Active Member

The game is called mob wars. It is a war, fighting game. do i need to say any more. Play your defence game the best you can. but if a game is geared for fighting you aint going to do that well are you. Happy new year...........

12. geckster99

geckster99 Member

Confirm Cost: $207,938,956 ambush,

13. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

It will cost you 14,947,693 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush. That's what real chainers cost you :)

14. Ace

Ace Member

An ambush costs 2 stamina. A boosted attack with 37% costs 10.

If you don't like them being too expensive, don't set 500 at one time, place like 4 or 5 and keep replacing them, a lot cheaper that way.

15. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Fight Lost

You were attacked by xxxxxxx with a Fight Boost of 37%. You lost the Fight losing $500,000. You dealt 825 damage and took 825 damage.

Get stronger by Recruiting or Hiring Mobsters.

1 day ago delete

Where is my option to defend with a 37% boost ???
    I have no boost I can only spend $$$ to ambush It should cost the same amount to attack with force!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  16. VittoriaVice

VittoriaVice Member

I'm confused... its a game where people attack you and you die...and you attack people and they die. If you purposely arranged your stats so that you cannot do both sides of that equation..then I am not seeing why the game needs to be altered. Why is it a problem with the game..if you caused your own issues.

17. yes i agree with you

a stamina defense boost would be nice

just enough to counter the attack boost

18. Sniper0817

Sniper0817 New Member

Andrew, although I understand you post, it's all on how you want to build your mobster. Some put everything into health and stamina and attack to be better hunters. They are not complaining because they get chained as they know they have low defense. Its the same with building an all defense character. Some may complain that they have to use boosts in order to beat you, but they have no reason to complain as there are plenty of players that are well balanced to attack out there. I can get beat by players MUCH lower than me, only because they have 2000 mobsters and I do not. Is that fair? not really as I have much better weapons than them and have more levels worth of Skill Points added. In a way, its the defensive players that is not fair. They can just sit there and level without having to really do anything because no one can break through their massive defense. What level are you anyways?

19. DMQ

DMQ Member

But the boost also works for defence im sure, well works for me anyway

20. Andrew K

Andrew K New Member

Sniper0817 Mr J ;-) Im am glad you posted we go back a great while and I am happy to chat with you once again. I'm not whining ...well maybe just a little lol I'm a full defense player and I don't complain much. I know there are a bunch of full attack players with greater weapons and larger mobs. The point is that my opponents or may I say all players have the ability to use boosts up to 37%
    Its not easy building a full def mobster and yes it may be boring having to heal in order to level. Ive been playing 753 days (2 years) to build my character. I'm sure there are many others who will agree with me, but unfortunately they don't know where are who to refer to.

Vittoria why are you confused ? Why should anyone be able to use an attack force with no charge (except stamina) using a 37% boost as where defensive players have to pay enormous amounts of cash to defend themselves ?
    This is where I am at now:
    Attack 365 271 80 92 808
    Defense 5029 145 110 92 5376
    Yes I win most of the fights! I would say 95% I also lose 95% when I attack even using 37% boost lmao!
    Why should the above player (xxxxxxx) have the choice and opportunity to use a force 10 (37%) to win and at the same time I have to spend $$$ to ambush ? We should also be able to pick our opponents and use a defensive boost charging us nothing but stamina. I know all about "kill or be killed this is a war game" All we ask for is equality for everyone ;-)