Hired Squad / 2% of What

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Midnight Special, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Okay I know there are like 100 post on hired squad and yes I have scanned over them all but I can't find anyone asking the question I would like answered. I do understand all the hows, whens, and whys of upgrading.

My question is: where does the 2% come from?
    2% of your allocated att/def skill?
    2% of your current top squad strength?
    2% of your max top squad strength?
    2% of your "total" attack or defense?
    2% of the strikers or defenders att/def?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but 2% of nothing is still nothing yanno ROFL!!!
    Thanks for the help in advance

2. clubber

clubber Member

You sir sure didn't buy any hired squad boost? Because I too have on FB an account with 1 hired squad boost and it gives me 2% boost. Total Attack Boost 2%. Hired Squad Boost 2%

And to quote Kano help sentence:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  3. "add attack/defense boosts"

but the question is to where does that come from

i have to admit im a little confused on this one myself

unless its just a separate type of boost

4. Yes the question is -> What stat is the boost a percentage of?

Currently the popular belief system is that there is no need to up-grade your hired squad until your current top squad strength is either equal too or greater than your max top squad strength. Up-grading at this point increases the att/def stats of the hired squad member being up-graded and results in your max top squad strength increasing, allowing you to continue to increase your current top squad att/def by adding skill points into attack and/or defense. *deep breath*

If the 2% boost is actually 2% of the hired squads att/def stat (depending on if striker or defender) than there is an obvious need to up-grade sooner. In this situation the 2% attack boost of a striker with 500 attack would be much lower than the 2% attack boost of a striker with 1000 attack.

An official Kano answer to this question would be vary beneficial to game strategy

5. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Since your full % shows up in your fight next to your attack, i assume its a % of your attack.

But i'm no fighting expert so don't take my word for it ^_^

6. Ace

Ace Member

It's a % of the boost. It's independent of attack/defense values, but it has a big influence in battles.

It's more simple to explain it this way:

Attacking someone with 5 strikers and a squad contract (15% boost) is the same thing as attacking someone without any striker and without any squad contract, but spending 6 stamina.

As for upgrading, the popular belief you heard is correct. Upgrading strikers doesn't increase this 2% boost, it increases the other advantage of strikers and defenders, which is the att/def given to your Top Squad.

7. Awesome Ace... Thanks for the clarification

8. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I always took it to mean 2% boost to your attack, for a STRIKER....2% boost each to your defense, for a DEFENDER.

% of what? Most likely your TOTAL ATTACK AND TOTAL DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

When added to your Top Squad will provide a 2% defense boost up to a max of 10%.

This is not a hard concept to understand. And I'm stoned right now.

9. Ace

Ace Member

I believe it's also applied to equipment, since people with 1 def who place an ambush will beat me only if they have at least a little bit of equipment.

10. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

As I said, total attack and defense.

Your total includes your top 4 items, as well as the rest of your UN items--if you have that many (I have over 20 UN weapons, gear, and vehicles).

Also, the ambush boost is what, around 100,000%?

1 x 100,000 = 100,000.

Nobody is going to beat an ambush. That's why they are called ambushes. They are set up so that when you attack one, no matter what you lose....at least from my understanding.

11. Ace

Ace Member

Okay, we have reached an agreement then.

Though I wouldn't be so sure of what you say about them being unbreakable... I've seen people WIN against an ambush, and I got pretty close to do it myself once (got a 30% weaker) but yes, pretty much 99,999999999999999% of the cases it's a certain loss :p

12. DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking New Member

Lets beat this topic some more.

Are hired squad members worth it?
    Should I have more than 1? Can I have more than 1? (if so how many?)
    What does it cost to upgrade them?
    How much can they be upgraded?

I want to know before I go wasting all my UN cash in hopes to win more fights when I could just buy more gear.

13. slave

slave Member

hired squad way more valuable than un gear.............

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

For most people they are well worth it.
    It's up to your build on how many you might need. You may only need 1 or you could need 20 (no point in having more then 20 at this point in time)
    I think it depends on how low their stats are compared to yours for upgrade cost, but mine cost me 10UN each
    They can be upgraded as you add more att/def. ( I think you have to wait 24hrs to upgrade after you buy one)

On Hi5 I have ten Strikers. Because I have one of the strongest attacks, there's no way I could be at my strongest with a squad only top squad so I had to get strikers. As i add more attack i upgrade them as needed to keep me at my strongest.

Hope that helps :)

15. Hired squad gives you a 2% bonus in battles for each hired squad you have in your Top Squad.

I.e. If you have 5 strikers, you get a 10% bonus. 5 defenders, 10% bonus.

10% is the max bonus you can get though.

It costs 10 UN to upgrade them, so I'd recommend waiting till you get your attack/defense to where you want it before buying hired squad. Buy UN items first.

I bought strikers at lower levels and they're stuck with those weak stats till I upgrade. If I upgrade now and get much stronger, that means I'll have to upgrade again. I'd rather wait till I get to the end point before upgrading.

16. Obviously we all love to beat on dead topics, otherwise why we play a game of killing zombies :p
    anyways... YES you do need them but it would be in your best interest to wait and see what Kano does with these new hired squad they plan to put out soon. Strikers and Defenders may not be in the best interest of your slayer build.
    As mentioned above each striker or defender gives you a 2% boost to either your attack or defense depending on the type you buy. There is a max boost of 10% meaning DONT BUY MORE THAN 5 OF EACH FOR BOOST PURPOSES. They must be in your top squad (for now, until the hired squad slots open) in order to get the 2% boost.

Now for the BIG question... the one yet to be definitively answered:
    WHERE DOES THE 2% COME FROM?
    2% of a striker with 500 attack is much less than 2% of a striker with 1000 attack (if the 2% is based off of the hired squads attack/defense) <-- this would mean a player should up-grade their hired squad once they added a substantial amount of attack/defense in order to up-grade the attack/defense in which the boost is being derived from.

If the 2% is based off of the players attack/defense it is a totally different story...
    So long as a person has a top squad strong enough to support his/her skill placement there is no need to ever upgrade (which seems like a waste to Kano in regards to players using their credits and needing more)

I hope this didn't leave you with more questions than answers lol....
    Bottom line... wait until Kano releases the new hired squad to make any final decisions.

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

Just found this thread, and Im sure nobody that was previously in the thread needs the answer now, but hey, maybe it will help somone else.

The answer to the OP is,

It boost EVERYTHING that you have. Skillpoints, squad strength, Hired squad strength, and inventory.

it boost EVERYTHING

18. Actually the question being asked in the OP is where does the 2% come from not where does it go to.
    I understand that upgrading a Striker, Defender, or a Pointman doesn't upgrade the % (it will always be 2%)
    BUT​
    2% of 1,000 and 2% of 2,000 are two totally different things.

If that 2% boost is a derivative of the Striker, Defender, or Pointman's attack/defense than upgrading them will increase the sum of the boost... although it will still be 2% of its derivative.

If that 2% boost is a derivative of your Current Squad Strength there is no need to upgrade so long as the rest of your top squad can keep your Max Top Squad Strength slightly higher than your Current Top Squad Strength. This also means that the only way to get more from your 2% boost is by adding skill points to attack and defense.

If that 2% boost is a derivative of your Max Attack / Max Defense there is no need to upgrade so long as the rest of your top squad can keep your Max Top Squad Strength slightly higher than your Current Top Squad Strength. This also means that having stronger Armed Items will give you a higher derivative.

If that 2% boost is a derivative of..... SHEESH!!! My brain hurts and the game is still down as of 5:24pm CDT

19. Eraser

Eraser Member

Stop thinking so dang hard!!!!

The only reason to upgrade your hired squad in your top squad is if your squad strength is not strong enough without doing so!!!!

The 2 percent boost, is a 2 percent boost to EVERYTHING, it adds 2 percent to your squad stregth, your "new" extra hired squad strength, your base attack/defense strength, each and every single one of your used items, It a 2 percent boost to the total everything that you have all together.

upgrading them does nothing but make your squad strength higher if you need it to be!!!! This is reserved for people that have Some of the highest attack/defense strength in the game, or those that wish to put weaker players in thier top squad to help them with thier "its about who you know achievment".