Taking The Game Too Seriously

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lance Mustang, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lance Mustang

Lance Mustang Member

So the other day I was playing Zombie Slayer when I was killed by a common rival. A friend of mine was having a conversation with him and I asked her to pass on a message. "Thanks for the death, I almost leveled on too much stamina." Just some playful banter, I don't have a grudge against anyone in the game and I play and enjoy it. His response was "tell him the slit his wrists and jump off of a cliff." Not an exact quote but o well sue me :p I personally found it amusing how someone takes a Facebook game so damn seriously Lma,o. Not giving names, not trying to complain, just felt like sharing a little story. Have fun, and don't forget to punch and list me when you see this. I'm certainly not gonna kill myself now am I ;)

2. Ace

Ace Member

And why didn't you jump off a cliff?

3. Thats too funny... Yeah i do recall that conversation going on in chat and i remember all sorts of comments on it that were all jokes.. Im glad she decided to tell you ...

As for taking the game serious... umm probably not... I leave that up to those that make stupid names to gain attention..

4. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Ahh Ace you truly are a charm (Y)

5. I think more serious is when someone contacts you outside the game.. I got messages on my personal facebook account about the game. THIS is "taking the game too seriously". It´s really inappropriate and I would appreciate if KANO could do something to stop this.. I have no idea what exactly, but .. something.. :)))

6. I would LOVE it if Kano could stop people from getting your FB acct from the numbers on your ZS acct. Because I have gotten numerous messages on my FB acct from ingame members... be it sexual harassment or just shit talking... it should be done with. I get messages daily... it's rather irritating to be honest. :p

7. THE GREAT ONE

THE GREAT ONE Member

I think people spreading lies and rumors about individuals for some kind of pathetic outcome is far worse than being messaged personally or being told to slit your wrists etc. lol I can deal with that.... have a laugh at how immature they are then just block them.... but when someone purposely tries to stir the pot and try to make someone out to be something their not probably to get people to fall out with them and attack them is absurd to say the least, those kind of tactics are the lowest of low in today's gaming society. This kind of rumor spreading should be met with the fullest disciplinary action, because its no longer about the game, its about personal attacks and purposely trying to damage someones reputation and dignity. So if you think immature players sending messages to you is taking the game too seriously then what is rumor spreading? :)

8. I agree with THE GREAT ONE. Rumor spreading is even worse. But to be quite honest, I dont see how KANO can do something about it.. :) so I guess the only option is to block the people..

9. THE GREAT ONE

THE GREAT ONE Member

Thanks Cassovia, It is a real issue that most don't really address seriously, whether it is in real life, on Facebook or on a game.. nobody deserves to be branded something they are not... I think a good punishment would be that their in game inbox and ability to write to the social feed is blocked as a first warning, say for 3 or 4 months and if it continues with proof of it continuing then they are banned... they have had fair warning and I would rather them banned straight away but I'm a nice person and sometimes all it takes is a warning to stop pathetic tactics because they mainly do it because they think they can get away with it

10. Ace

Ace Member

I get the point of rumors being spread, for I share chatrooms with a lot of alts (sarcasm) but I don't think much can/should be done about that. I know Pog enjoys doing that, saying she does it as a tactic to "divide and conquer". I just laugh and call the people on the chatroom cheaters and alts. The ones worth my time get it's a joke anyway.