Bosses - BETA now live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tim, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hunni Bunni

Hunni Bunni Member

I've fought on other people's bosses and got La Tortuga when I collected, even though I didn't do the most damage. Maybe it's who gets the last hit?... I think the skill points are screwed up either way though, a few people had ours disappear after we got them lol.

2. jtrusty

jtrusty New Member

well, I give about 2200 damage per attack. I am level 796, so I am sure that is a factor. Tonight I killed my level 2 boss virtually by myself and the end reward was just xp and gold. so I am not sure how the rewards actually work. Only one person helped on this one and only attacked once. So I guess it doesn't matter who kills the boss? The ship is a random reward? If that is the case then I would be glad to help my lower level clan members kill thier bosses so they do not burn up all thier stamina trying. It only takes me about 10 stamina, I am sure it will get harder as I kill more.

3. Blargh

Blargh Member

I checked with the other attacker and she only got XP and cash. So there was no FP or Tortuga Ship rewarded.
    Based on the amount of stamina I used, I could have just done battles and gone up 4-5 levels instead of fighting a boss.
    Ideally I think the boss battles should give out a avriety of lot. Even it just includes gift items or quest items. Something to make it more worthwhile. I like Castle Age monsters since all attackers get some loot at the end. Granted they should first make sure every boss battle dishes out a item before looking at multiple items.

4. Kaizoku

Kaizoku New Member

5. Lacko

Lacko New Member

Hey tim,

killing off a boss vs. killing off other players: i'd vote on killing of players cause that gives LOT more XP. You got the loot once - which is not too interesting if you are not low in level -, so new feature but not kicking ass.

"Based on the amount of stamina I used, I could have just done battles and gone up 4-5 levels instead of fighting a boss." (Blargh) +1 vote to this. I'm lvl268 and i know this new feature is for the newbies, but the xp is low as hell. Btw., my second - and i was alone on the turtle - monster give me no extras at all.. cry me a river lol.

I'm still happy you came up with this idea, a nice group attack would forge good teams ;). +1

6. mechurchlady

mechurchlady New Member

How can I help my crew?

O have over 300 crew and cannot find a way to see who has an open turtle job. I rarely play but this is a great way for me to level. I want to help friends but no way to find out who needs my help.

7. Lacko

Lacko New Member

I miss the "Feed" feature..
    You have to check your profile page or click Home in game and search for the "Help" sentences.

8. Hunni Bunni

Hunni Bunni Member

From my understanding, and what I've been seeing, only the boss owner and the person to make the finishing hit get the rewards.

9. BradyG

BradyG New Member

Im wondering...the lusca battle is up but it said that ive finished it but I havent even done it??? JW wats up w/ that?!

10. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

Could be better!

Personally I think the boss battles on another Pirate app were much easier. I would like to be able to finish off a boss in one setting not multiple settings. Besides I can't even get my friends to help me out with the boss battles. I think we should be able to kill the first boss, no matter what our level is, soon after we start it. I think the boss' health is too high.

11. jtrusty

jtrusty New Member

As the bosses get stronger I see more rewards being given. You have to attack more than the others. Just one attack doesn't give you any rewards. The top attackers are the ones who get them, now how do I get the boss off that is stuck in there?

12. Blargh

Blargh Member

I was in one battle where 4 out of 5 people got the Tortuga as thier reward. I was ina nother battle where no one got the reward.
    I can't understand why I am do so little damage. I have increased my attack from 79 to 126 and I am still doing the same amount of damage. Even when the power attack gets upgraded, it has no effect on the damage I do.

13. Hunni Bunni

Hunni Bunni Member

Can try raising your stamina.

Edit: And near the boss feed you can see which weapons give you a bonus when fighting it.

14. Necoz

Necoz New Member

Next power attack

Can someone please explain to me what you gain to gather 5 or 10 people to get the next power attack?