Hit and hide cowards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Demonik1, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Why is it that once certain people have reached 3000+ that they find the need to stop playing like they used to? why put the time and effort it takes to get to lewvel 3000 or 4000 and then hardly play at all while being online for 2 hours?? why would you rather hide in the hospital then battle someone? do you hate leveling? are THAT scared of losing to someone? you DO know that its just a game and it doesnt matter if you have 50 losses or 50000000 losses, right? its mind boggling that people that consider themselves to be "good players" are such cowards. Case in point, there are a group of 7 or 8 people i was fighting one night and this will show you what true cowards are...3 of them i could beat, the rest i could not...the ones i could beat would hide when i attacked them because they might actually get hurt in real life? the ones i couldnt beat all attacked at once defending the ones i could beat that are 600 levels higher than me and i remember seeing some guild message of theirs saying something about honor? someone from that poor excuse for a guild please explain to me what was so honorable about that, i would LOVE to know. it was fun though, it makes the game more interesting when 7 people have to come to the aid of one thats higher than me, the best form of flattery ive received in this game yet and quite satisfying too. Thanks for showing me what true cowardice looks like, im glad ill never be anything close to what those people are...i actually play when im online, not hide in the hospital and stare at a screen full of useless stats that mean nothing to anyone but the same 50 people that have them. people are dumb

2. They sacrifice their ATK, their HEALTH and maybe even their crucial stamergy to keep their DEF ahead of as many people's ATK as they can.

They level so painfully slowly to keep those losses at a minimum.

I would say to keep their kills ahead of their losses, but with all that DEF they won't be killing much at all.

Hitlist kills maybe, as killing with a loss is possible but not many nothing-but-DEF players get many battle kills at all.

THen i realise that this is VC, and i remember that the hitlist on VC is like the speed of sleight of hand used by a successful card 'magician'.

I'm not at the lvl 3000 range yet, i doubt i will ever get there, in VC at least. I don't think i want to get there if it is full of hosp hiders and other people scared to actually play the game.

Maybe testicles weren't discovered/invented until after the time of the Vikings?

3. Ace

Ace Member

Sounds like you don't like it when people play a different way than you do. If people with 600+ levels "bully" you because you fight people on your range, ambush them and a few might die, who knows. There's a level 3000+ attacking me daily on PC (I'm level 1200) and he dies repeatedly on ambushes because his health sucks and mine doesn't.

That way, they'll call you coward, but you're just kicking their ass the only way you can kick it to someone who has many levels on you.

4. Demonik1

Not at all ace, i just dont get it. it seems like an awful waste of time to sit online for hours hiding in the hospital, people can play whatever way they choose without dictating how i play and i do use counters and use them well. it only bothers me that the ones doing all the hiding are the levels ill soon be approaching and i like to play, not just level off of friends. i just wish they would respond to this so i could understand the point of playing without playing.

5. even if they hide

you can hit them as undead

true the exp is cut in half

provided ya can win

im just slightly over lvl 2400

not many want to attack me though

anyone playing myspace viking would know why

far as hiding

its possible there observing

just hiding and watching

waiting for right moment to heal and attack

strategy i dont like either

but usually is annoyingly effective

6. Diva

Diva Member

7. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

u do realize that most people that high in lvl stay in the hosp right? u'll find out one day, just wait ur turn young whipper snapper...lol

8. Slouch

Slouch New Member

I take on all comers. I don't care what kind of experience I get from you; if you wanna fight then I'm all over it. And for the record, when I'm in hospital but still online I've likely gone to the can or to get something to eat or I'm waiting for some little pest to go away so i can continue hunting.

And Counters are not strategy when you attack first then sit behind them for the whole of the counter attack. If you didn't want to fight then why bother?

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ummmmm....i have 2 things to point out here

1. "I'm waiting for some little pest to go away so i can continue hunting" that comment is pretty much the definition of hiding

2."And Counters are not strategy when you attack first then sit behind them for the whole of the counter attack. If you didn't want to fight then why bother?" This is exactly why counters are a GREAT strategy! I dont know about u....but my idea of being successful at this game is to amass more wins than losses and to kill as many as my rivals as i can. In addition to this I want to gain as much XP as i can in the process while i limit my rival to as little XP as i can.....Am i the only one in this game that doesnt want to help my rivals level? Because when u go toe to toe with a rival that u can beat yet they can beat u....that is exactly what your doing!

I kept my defense low and my attack high, I then go and pick an opponent......lay a boat load of counters on them and then attack the crap out of them.....guess what happens next 90% of the time? They attack me back and lose while i collect xp on both ends. In addition...i will continue to attack while they are attacking me and hitting my counters....guess what happens then? THEY DIE! They might get a couple of wins in and some lousy xp when my counters run dry and i still have a lil health....but when they finally put me in the hospital.....i reset them bad boys and start all over again.

Players that impose limitations on themselves by labeling a perfectly legitimate and legal tool in their tool box "cowardly" r doomed to a game of mediocrity. They use this "cowardly " excuse to mask the fact they didnt have the foresight to build their account TO WIN!

10. Slouch

Slouch New Member

"Mediocrity" huh?

#12 on the Worldwide Leaderboard is not quite mediocre.

11. Slouch

Slouch New Member

I wouldn't worry about either of our viewpoints; both are likely valid and the Mod will delete this thread anyway so let's just agree to disagree before the thread is gone.

12. polishpimp

No...not at all...thats quite impressive...CONGRATS! On FB I assume?

I certainly didnt mean to offend, I did quote u....but my intent was not to single u out... i was merely using your statement as an example of what Ive seen on this forum to many times to count... In my opinion....way to many players try to excuse away their lack of success by labeling what ever it is (in this case counters) thats annoying or working against them as "cowardly" or "dishonorable". When the reality of things r this....There r many different builds and strategies.....as long as u r playing within the rules...no one strategy is "cowardly" or "dishonorable" simply because its not the particular strategy u employ. To me it all just sounds like whining and excuses.....There is no one strategy that is universally good for any and all players...there are way to many variables involved. With that said.....there are just as many ways to counter any one strategy.....so if players r that butt hurt....maybe they should just quit whining and go out and figure it out instead of making excuses an labeling it "cowardly".

13. polishpimp

lol...sound good...continued success!

14. Ace

Ace Member

Because a lot of people just click attack attack attack without watching their health and die, and it's funny to let them commit suicide ^_^

15. Demonik1

i dont ever remember saying anything about counters, im talking about people that hide in the hospital after attacking you and wont fight unless they have 6 people attacking someone that cant beat them to aid him. thats the def of a hiding coward to me. if you can have the balls to attack then why cant you have them to battle? its because cowards like that are afraid of getting a loss. counters never bothered me, hell ive used over 17000 of them and understand what theyre all about..its the hit and hiding that ruins this game and takes any kind of fun out of it..thats what i have to look forward to when i hit level 4000??? who the hell would want to play then? its boring and retarded. so all of you retards are getting replaced with real players and im going to make sure that happens even if it means leveling the entire vc world thats able to beat me, i dont care..its going to happen one way or another.

16. polishpimp

U can remove the word "counter" and insert the phrase "hit and hide" and its still the same argument...just a different strategy.

Its not a strategy that Im particularly fond of.....but it legal which makes it legit. Everyones accounts r set up at least a little differently and there r countless variables that can come into play when throwing real life into the equation. This fact dictates the need for differing strategies that best suits the needs and or situation of any one particular player.

Low health players is another annoying strategy.....but its still legit...just different. U can label it how ever u want....but it doesnt make it true. In the end its the different strategies that we both agree and disagree with that keeps the game interesting. If we all employed the same strategy that we as individuals deemed worthy or "honorable"....then the games would become boring...its these differences and annoyances that motivate us to go out and become stronger and seek out new ways to circumvent these strategies and kick our rivals asses.

17. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

so this "hit and hide" is considered a coward bc??? if that is considered being a coward then so are ambushes and if u have used 17k ambushes then u are more of a coward than those that u are calling a coward...lol

obviously u use counters to WIN correct? hopefully we agree on that and those that "hit and hide" use this strategy to WIN as well so whats the prob??? sounds to me like ur just mad that they beat u and u dont get a chance to beat them back...lol, deal wit it

18. Ace

Ace Member

I consider the hit and hide to be a pretty dumb rather than cowardish strategy, and it's mainly because you don't get to spend stamina from hospital, and trading XP with people is simply the best way to level up.

And besides, if they hit and hide, you have several options:
    -Ignore them, they can't do anything from inside the viking hospital.
    -Hitlist them for the sake of it. Then do it again, and again, and again.
    -Ambush them, if they attack you too much and you can't get back, they'll be cheap.
    -Catch them before they can hide, most hit-and-hiders are weak so you should kick their ass.
    -Fight someone else who doesn't do that.

19. Demonik1

no, i dont use counters to win. i can get all the wins i want against friends whom ive leveled countless times and would gladly do the same for me if needed which is not because i stopped power leveling MONTHS ago. i use counters to give losses to people that dont want them and to keep certain players whom i dislike from gaining any exp from me. also to get a kill here and there but mainly just to piss people off that dont like them :] you make a good point wayne, every person employing the same strategy would be boring as HELL, but there are plenty of strategies out there and to be quite honest i just dont understand the hiding thing. thats pretty much the whole point of this post and i have yet to get one explanatione of how people can be content with staring at a screen and waiting when there is so much that can be done. maybe i went a little too strong with the whole coward thing but that was just my frustration coming out at the time. i still think its a boring and retarded strategy that makes little sense...but thats just my opinion and opinions are like a**holes, everbody has one and they all stink :]

20. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

haha since i put his verse up everybody calls me weezy or u actually know who he is and called me wayne...lol

the thing is, they dont stare at a blank screen, they attack u until the go in the hosp and then they do it again and again and again until u stop healing...lol, its pretty simple really so like ace said u have to be quicker than them or u have to ambush them...

to be honest, counters are considered hiding to me so when people call their attacker a "hit and hide" its the same thing that a counter does bc u are essentially hiding from them attacking u which makes them one in the same

coming from mobsters to mobwars and seeing ambushes was pretty ridiculous when i first started almost 2 yrs ago and then finding out that i needed to set 1k ambushes for an achievement was funny to me since i viewed that as a way to allow people that build their accts weak the opportunity to hide from fighting which i consider cowardly, but thats just me, to each their own