[ZS] Developer Update September 12 - Level Up Energy Refill

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Level up refill has been adjusted from 10,000 Energy to 5,000 and will likely go to 4,000 later today after some final discussions.

We are making this change to bring it up to date with all the content that has been added to the game since it was first released, more rewarding outbreaks have been added while maintaining a relatively low energy requirement to complete which in recent months (last 2 locations) we have started to see it come through some players.

Bringing energy refills to 5k impacts 16 players across all networks, bringing down to 4k would impact 30.

Either we adjusted the rewards of outbreaks down or adjusted the energy refill per level, adjusting the energy refill per level seemed most appropriate since it impacts far fewer players.

As always we appreciate feedback / comments. Players that are really upset with this change please feel free to contact support directly.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. Ace

Ace Member

Agreed considering the low number of players that has been affected.

3. Todd Molenda

Todd Molenda New Member

so what about the few players who are oveer 5000 energy what do they do with all those wasted skill points?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will handle each on a case by case basis. But for users that have invested over 5k energy they have gotten more than their use at of those points to shoot them up the levels. For the majority of users that I have seen, it appears that they have been relatively new accounts within the last 60-days or less having other players kill their bosses for them. Allowing a full re-allocation down to 5k (depending on the case) would give a quite the advantage to those new players, allowing them to achieve a higher level but to allow them to create a balanced character after the fact. But that being said we will handle each on a case by case basis.

5. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Hey, i respect that you guys have reduced the energy restored by levelling up, but would i be able to get an SP reset or something. Because i have been completely destroyed by this update and will struggle to do anything anymore.

This doesnt seem entirely fair to me because:
    a) I have been very devoted to this game for all the time ive been playing
    b) if I had have known this before i started i would have built my character an entirely different way
    c) Adding in extra achievements and country isn's horrible but, Its not really fair to change the rules after a game has already started

If you don't want to give me an SP reset, then i would be perfectly fine with you increasing the energy max to 10000

6. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

All of these people have abided by the rules, it is completely unfair for you to offer no compensation at all

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Please contact support and we will take a look at your account: http://www.kanoapps.com/index.php/contact/8-game-support/5-zombie-slayer

Every time we add a new location, we are in some way changing the game, this update to refill less per level reflects the changes with the new location additions.

8. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

phew!This update won't bother me much cus i only have 650 energy lol
    BTW,
    Is stamina refill will still be at 1000 each time level up? or you guys gonna make change to this too?;)

9. Brad Bradley

Brad Bradley New Member

I'm one affected by this as well. It doesn't seem fair because I would have never have put those skill points in energy if I had known this limit would be put in place. I started ZS intending to level quickly initally and go for the 10k energy and then put points elsewhere. I wasn't doing anything wrong or illegal just playing a game within the rules in a way I was enjoying. This rule change is like moving the goal posts in the middle of the game.

I have played other facebook games and levelled very slowly and just done pvp and decided to approach this one in a different way but I would have obviously stopped at 5000 or 4000 if that is the eventual limit if I was told about this change. As things are now this change effectively ruins my whole game. I sent an email to support.

10. After some consideration, i now agree that energy refills should be reduced.

It wouldn't be long before some people worked out that they could still level while dead, after wasting the cash put on their head via the hitlist by triggering a booby trap.

Stamina is the way this game should be played.

PLAYED.

As in, alive...

And actually playing.

Just think, it could be worse...

There could be miniscule level refills like in the other games, scrambling about to level through (c)halps and challenges/calendars/boss rewards without spending much of that precious stamina (see above).

As a point of reference, for no reason other than to point it out...

My 200 energy is doing me just fine and i have little to no plans of increasing it until i get to an outbreak that costs 200 energy to complete just once :p

OR

Until energy finds a way of killing other slayers...

11. Ahad

Ahad Member

You are a butcher though, you get quicker energy regeneration...

I am doing fine with only 420 energy, at nearly 3x your level.

With nearly double your kills :p

Congrats on making it to the top 3 killers over on Hi5, let's see how long that Clubber can stay ahead of you :p

Hey, maybe you should message support for them to have a look at your account, Kano.

Not because you have too much energy to be of any use, nor because you have done anything wrong...

But because you must have the most visually pleasing collection of loadouts that i have seen in this game and uhmm...

What was i saying again?

12. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

Doesn't bother me at all, I think that 5,000 is more reasonable than 4,000.

Based on all the other number stuff you guys do with 500 att/500 def for 1k total for both achievements, and 1k energy, 500 stam (also 1k skill points) and 10k health same thing...

At least leave it at 5K cause you guys only allow 1K on Stamina which is pretty low. 2000-2500 stamina would be a lot better as a max. Maybe I should email that in since posting on here doesn't do much.

13. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

First of all I think that everyone should play the game as they want to. So if they want to stay dead and level with energy, well, I fail to see how this upsets game balance in their favor.

I don't like this rather big decrease in Energy refills, but what has been done is history. It seriously messed up my long-term plans, as I planned to have extremely high energy (10k+) and defense (10k+).

Maybe you could implement achievements that impact regen ratios like you have in the other apps, this way all players would profit. High stam as well as high energy players.

And please, keep Energy refills where they are now.

14. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Exactly tho, you don't have much energy so its not effecting you, of course you don't care what happens to anyone else. Consider us for a minute would you.

15. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Kendall, don't you think kano could of at least looked at energy accounts like mine before this update, because i have contacted support, but they are taking ages to actually contact me, and while im waiting everyone else is cruising along having fun :( maybe just take this as an idea for if something like this ever happens in the future?

16. Kamandi2

Kamandi2 New Member

I'm not happy with this change. My goal in the game has always been leveling. In most games, I play with a "builder" not a "fighter" mentality. This kind of puts an end to the "builder" aspect of it for me. I only recently passed the 4k energy point, so if it locked at 5k, I would adjust, but 4k would not make me happy. I'm not a 60 day player. Looking at my profile, I joined 425 days ago (Wow, it doesn't seem that long). It took a lot of time for me to reach the levels that I have. At this point, it appears the game is being modified in such a way to make it exclusively a "fighter" game. If that's the case, it will be time for me to move on to something else, since that's not what I enjoy about the game.

So, if the goal of this change is to force everyone into a fighter mentality, I guess, mission accomplished. Just not my cup of tea.

17. So

Shi.....no

Cityville is thattaway -->

If fighting is not your cup of tea, can i please have your remaining bourbons?

18. Kamandi2

Kamandi2 New Member

Kano Der Towken, thanks so much for your well thought out reply. I'll most certainly give it every bit as much consideration as your opinion is worth. :rolleyes:

I'd most certainly give thought to the fighting aspect of the game for you, except it prevents me from fighting someone nearly 1,000 levels below me.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  19. baha

baha Member

let them have their SP's BACK

It affects me in NO WAY~!! However if after playing "My style of Game" for however long and u guys come along (as u once did) and say its not fair how I play....I shriek~!!
    Cuz Just who IS playing the game?? Everyone has allotted their points to the style that suited them and how they can play, if u remove a huge portion of the points they have spent their time and knowledge to gather they should get them back to re allocate!!!~!Besides why should "I" even care how they get there??
    I think if u actually gave it MORE thought u would realize that.... just because it only affects A "few" people that doesn't make it right !! I'm NOT one of those, but I will speak up for those who are. Because if no one else speaks up now FOR this, then whats is to be done when a "few more" ppl get some Points removed and then what the hell No one bitches, Lets dock a few more.... ad Nausium~!
    Points that have been Earned should NOT BE TAKEN AWAY!!

20. Jessica

Jessica Member

I've got to say when this change was made I lost a lot of faith in kano. Argueing that a change isn't that bad just because it only effects a handful of people is quite silly. A lot of people of course won't care of because it doesn't effect them but really what's next? Deciding that stamina refills are too high and should be set to 500? Deciding that people have too much attack and capping attack at 1000? Suddenly adding in a 6th stat that's important to the game and telling all the higher levels tough luck while the lower levels can easily add to that stat? You get my point hopefully the people this affected should get their skill points back if their energy is over the limit.