max ammount of squd

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MWAS Neo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. meezy

meezy Member

There is something to knowing, "Hey, im bigger than this person and im going to kick their butt.." and knowing that with your level/size etc...that will happen with a certain degree of reliability. Granted, there are exceptions in each case. If you put in the work though, you should be able to reap the rewards. Thats all im saying. There are some who dont mind the adds/invites. Others, not so much so. If a person is willing to do the work, why shouldnt they be rewarded for doing so?? XP and maybe some cash, probably isnt the reward many hope for..its knowing they will get a victory for sure. I would bank on that one fact..I would give this example. Im level 235 or so in ZS..if my mobs counted, i could probably take on a level 500. I routinely take on level 350+'s. I think if my whole squad counted, i could take on a level 500+ or, maybe do more damage in boss fights..simply because i put in the work to recruit. The basic point is that job help or whatever, isnt a great reward for doing more to get people to the game. Really, getting people to the game is what counts.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. Ace

Ace Member

We get your point, but I just don't agree that the game should change, as it is now, the one with a best built slayer wins, and since there's no perfect build, there are advantages and disadvantages. Like you want it to be, a perfect build would be to fill the World Boss feed with "Add me" messages.

I'm a bit over 500, and can fight people 700+, so if you have built your slayer well, you'll find there are some 500ish people you'll be able to take on :)

3. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

If the max squad was 500, then the level 500+ would have 500 squad too. Everyone would so it would become irrelevant in fighting.

If we are voting, then my vote is no. I don't need a few hundred random strangers on my friend's list. I only started to play this game because I didn't have to add 500 strangers, I would not have played otherwise.

4. meezy

meezy Member

See, thats the kicker. I honestly dont think that just because you have 500, that makes your fighting irrelevant. I think more so than ever, it actually puts more emphasis on your mobster build/point allocation. You dont have to have 500 slayers, but, for those that do, there should be that reward. It goes back to putting in the work to draw people to the game. If the devs know that people are inviting others, doesnt more players equal more favor points whether they be purchased or otherwise?? More people means they have a bigger opportunity to sell favor points. Why wouldnt they create a system where it really pays to invite?? Otherwise, why have any more than 20?? Hell, even most boss fights, you can only have what, 20 people join?? I could actually see them reworking the whole fight thing to calculate damage in say 2-3 components. Mob size would be one, Top Squad would be another, and weapons and/or point allocation be others. I could see it working where a smaller mob could win if he had better top squad and better weapons..sort of like "built in bonuses" for each..Point is, it can be done.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  5. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

If the max squad is 500, then everyone who consistently plays the game will have 500 squad, hence they will all be equal in terms of squad size, rendering squad size to be irrelevant in fighting since everyone would be equal. And everyone would have the 500 squad, as we've seen in every other FB game.

Why would you want the game's focus to be on selling UN items? ZS is one of the fairest games I've played on FB, I have never paid into the UN in this game and I am a pretty strong player who can take on some 2X my level. Where is the challenge in paying in? I'd rather focus on game strategy and point allocation. I've left other FB games in the past because of their dev's focusing on paying in and nothing else, it kills the spirit of the game.

6. Ace

Ace Member

Totally agreed with Blood. The game's quite fair now, and let me tell ya, there are people who spend A LOT actually in this game, talking about many thousands of bucks, and people who don't spend can manage, of course, those who pay have an edge over those who don't, but that's the point of paying for a game isn't it?

If you want to have 20 squad instead of 500, be my guest, let me know once you reach level 500+ and you desperately look for any Shooter help in order to level up at a decent pace.

There are advantages on having more members, but that alone won't make you Superman like you want it to be.

7. meezy

meezy Member

I suppose that there are a few points Im trying to make. My first point would be this, in these games, either your strength and power are everything or your cash is everything. If you are an attacking style player like me, attack and defense are the way to go. So, i have to look at ways to improve those. So, with that in mind there are a few ways. Weapons, mob size and stat points. If you know that only 20 of your squad can fight, you have to consider that you are hampered. So, you pour points into those with the assumption that it will make you stronger. And it does, but not quite to the extent that you would like.

Also, i would highly disagree with the idea that everyone having 500 members fighting would make them inseparable/indistinguishable from each other. Main reason, everyone places their points differently. I also think weapons and top squad could come into play as well. Maybe your top squad is awesome compared to mine and even though i have more members, maybe your just a bit better equipped then i am and you can beat me that way.

I never could figure out how if someone took the time to recruit more members than me, how that was unfair if he beats me?? If i attack him/her knowing that he/she is going to clean my clock after..how is it unfair?? lol Im just sayin' It goes back to what i was saying earlier. "To the victor, go the spoils.." If a person takes the time to recruit and make their mob/squad larger, why shouldnt they see "tangible" results..(i.e. bigger fighting force, more wins..)

With all that being said, if the person just totally went off on me and was hammering me left and right, all day all night, then, and only then, would i claim it was unfair. Does that make sense??

8. Lyca

Lyca Member

I don't have anywhere near 500 squad and I've been playing a while.I like this game because you don't have to add tons of people to play.

9. Ace

Ace Member

Meezy, what I'm (and probably some people here too) trying to state here, is that numbers should not be the determining factor on a battle. As you say, if someone puts effort, well, I don't know what you call effort, but in this game, the way to beat someone is to raise your level, and therefore, your attack and/or defense, and I'm pretty sure most of those "high-slayers" you wish to beat by getting whoever posts on the World Boss feed saying "Add me" pretty much reached a high level because they like the game as it is.

My suggestion: If you want to "take your time" to beat someone, would be to level up instead of asking on the forums to have it the easy way.

10. baha

baha Member

As I am one who has over 1400 in squad I think its ok either way HOWEVER I try to help the noobs get squad members so they can play WITH enough ppl to balance their TS and BTW the TS needs better explanation for those who don't really get it~!
    Another thing I think needs to be looked at is how often the challenges are posted even after the person has filled their Challenge spots. in other words can they automatically come off the list when filled?? It limits the amount of help ppl receive if their Challenge rarely comes up~!!

11. Jester2905

Jester2905 New Member

I think increasing it would be ok (don't go higher than 30 though). What about having 20 "real" members in the top squad and then the remaining 10 your defenders and attackers?

12. I understand what you're saying, Yet You must understand that recruiting is part of the game. There are Add threads on the forums, and there are websites set up JUST to make it easy to add people. Once they're in your squad/clan/armada/mob you can always delete them from your friends.

The big downside to the 20 cap, is that the account that spends the most wins, regardless of skill.

With the higher sizes, people can't fully equip the limited items. but with 20, it's not all that hard, even when you have to buy 60, and then 10 hired squad. After that there's no point in spending UN on anything except stam refills.

When was the last time you saw somebody in VC PC or MW with 20,000 Limited Warriors, or 10,000 Limited Weapons?

Because of this those limited weapons aren't such a factor in the game and are more of a novelty. Players using more skill are able to step up and compete with players who pay for better items.

In ZS however, after having spent a couple hundred dollars, Kano decided to come out and make the weapons I'd previously purchased nearly useless, items that could be bought, and boss drops began getting dangerously close to their level. Yet newer items had this accounted for. So again those accounts that didn't care about the now wasted $300. worth of points and could easily drop another $300 at the drop of a hat to simply buy 20 new weapons 20 new armors and 20 new vehicles are the ones that end up at the higher levels. While those of us who don't dump entire paychecks and inheritances into the game aren't quite willing to just shrug off $300 dollars.

This is the primary factor in my switching from ZS to VC, where the CC didn't rule more than the ability to actually play.
    Yes I've spent money on Viking Clan, I've purchased some hired chiefs and my new character type.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  13. DeadMan Waking OG

DeadMan Waking OG New Member

I like to see squad limit higher and items better ....money in game sucks nothing for boss kills but alot to heal?????....And losing 7000 plus from dying on HL is just wrong..... the EXP is hard to get in the first place......

14. meezy

meezy Member

I would disagree in some regards. #1 It is not easy recruiting 1K people by any means..lol Dont believe me, try getting to 500 within a week...lol YOu gotta do alot of inviting and posting. #2 some like to have a "great" win/loss ratio even at lower levels. You could basically camp out below level 200 and make some fat cash..It depends on if you want to dominate. Some people spend money on these games for exactly that reason. Others, like myself , dont have the luxury of spending money on a game. So, you look for whatever edge you can find, I dont think thats having anything handed to you the easy way..for real.. :)

15. Seth Mad Dog

Seth Mad Dog Member

I only had about 200 squad. Then the Easter calendar and world bosses, posting and adding now I have over 600. Challenge help is the only way to level later on, I get 470 xp on one help, the higher you level the higher you get for help. Over 60% of the xp needed to level I get from challenge help. Fighting and outbreaks are near worthless for leveling when over 500 or 600 level. If your not spending money, a huge squad and camping out all day soaking up challenge help is the only way to level.

16. meezy

meezy Member

I was actually wondering about this very subject of leveling in another thread on this forum..I seem to level way slower than i should. IMHO Just seems like maybe i should pump more pts. into energy. That seems to be the general concensus..

17. prin

prin New Member

I'm at level 715 and it seems my recruited squad members are capped at 502. is this right or should i put in a support ticket? i've added at least 10 people over the last week and still it is at 502.

18. Ace

Ace Member

It says 500 + Nº of hireds you have, but you can add more people after that, it just won't increase the number.

19. Would it be possible for the squad count to show the true number at all, or is that just a no go...

I wondered why it stopped increasing at 500, even though i was adding more squad.

I'm just curious if there is a reason it only shows up to 500.

20. Ace

Ace Member

You can see how manny real squad you've got on the Squad page, since it shows 20 squad members x page. Just make 20 * (Nº of pages - 1) + Nº of squaddies showing on the last page.