hoarding advantages and disadvantages

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, Apr 20, 2010.

?

should hoarded coin gain 1% interest every 48 hours?

1. yes

63.2%
  2. no

15.8%
  3. yes as long as it is not touched in any way including depositing more

21.1%
  1. advantage:its achievements(up to 1 trill) and no one can rob you when you lose battles.

disadvantage: once you reach a certain amount of cash on hand(or income)the hoarding fee is no longer worth it(even 5% isnt worth it)as the fee is actually taking more away than if you just lost in battles.

now if hoard were like a bank it would be much better.take the fee to start with,then every 2 days let it gain 1% interest.once you withdraw it or deposit more,then you reset the timer.then it would actually be worth hoarding.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. aranrod

aranrod Member

I agree with you: the only advantage is in the achievements.

I don't know if you're familiar with the now defunkt Heroes game? Banking stopped at a certain amount, which was okay. The sum was enormous. And the money that was left out was still way too much to become seriously damaged by attacks. I'd prefer that to the 5% off.

I consider keeping my money out of the hoard once I've reached the achievements, or maybe even before that.
    Mind you: I do think we won't have any other choice left after reaching the achievements?

3. i got the trill and yes you can keep hoarding but theres no point in it.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Funny you should mention this...

We realize that losing $100k for higher level players quickly becomes meaningless and this is why we plan to at some point have the max amount you can lose increase with as players increase in levels.

A change like this would have the potential to bring back the usefulness of hoarding of your coins and introduce more strategy to the higher levels.

5. it would have to be a really big amount of coin.by big i mean big.sides i never have cash on hand for long anyway.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  6. Kraken of HG

Kraken of HG New Member

How about a % loss for the one being attacked, awarded to the attacker?
    Doesn't seem like it'd be hard, you'd just have to change the variable for the 100k loss to a percentage and tie it to the defender's wealth variable (best guess). This seems more strategical to me. It awards those who forfeit being an entrepreneur in favor of being an attacker.

7. Blargh

Blargh Member

Is there any point on having coins later in the game? I'm lvl 275 and other than buying land, I find coins fairly useless. And I only buy land to gain the income achievment and to eventually get the hoard achievment. I guess if I added a dozen clan members or so then I would need to buy some clan.
    Should make more use for coins. Maybe make an oracle or sea god tab where you have to donate to get a bonus or curse. Things like extra 10% attack for X Hours, 10% attack for ships, Favour Points, reset timers on all bosses, more damage to bosses, drain stamina, get pistol whipped, etc...

When I first saw this post I thought it'd help answer my question. What is the best way to finsh both the Income and Hoard acheivement.
    Is it better to pour all your extra coins into land as you go to get the income achievment and then the income will help you get the hoard acheivements?
    Or is it better to get the hoard achievment first then empty your hoard into the land to get the income achievement?

8. i tried to get both evenly at first.then after 100,000,000 income, i went income first then hoard.and trust me,you will want to keep increasing your income.the higher your income,the more it will cost to bounty you.
    and if you dont have coins you cant get your see ya to davy jones achievements and counter achievements.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. LaxmaqDropDead

LaxmaqDropDead New Member

need beter drops or more adventures after level 800 :eek::eek:

10. hrm im still not hoarding lol.sure you increased it to 500,000 to possibly over 1mill.unless hoarding starts providing benefits,nope not worth it.10%(5% with swashbuckler)fee is what kills it.if it doesn't gain interest while hoarded,im just gonna throw into income from now on.

11. poll.

should hoarded coins gain a 1% interest every 48 hours?

12. well as of now only 1 user can beat me and he dont hit much so there is still no point in hoarding.

2000 clan size with solid mateys weapons and ships,im pretty much untouchable.even the user that can beat me,im out of his range unless i decided to strike him first,so the hoarding feature is now pointless.

only way ill start hoarding again is if either

1)someone else starts to beat me
    2)new hoarding achievements.

choice 1 isnt likely to happen anytime soon

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  13. Allen Marino

Allen Marino New Member

I only hoard at the end of the night. I don't like having more than 5 billion uninvested. Why leave money setting around not working for you.

14. why even hoard at all unless for achievements?

even if you lose $$ in battles,you only lose at most 500k per hit.unless your at really high health and a low health player can beat you,your better off not hoarding it.

just my 2 cents

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I vote,for,option number three.

16. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Even if you hoard a load of cash and gain 1% interest every 48 hours with the gain window resetting once you deposit something, hoarding is too expensive to bother with.

Getting the cash, lost through hoard fees, back by interest, takes 10 days. Nope, bad idea.

17. kabutee

kabutee Member

theres no point to putting 1% interest. in real life when you hoard items value increase only if the itmes fair market value increase. pirates dont use banks they hoard them on a secret island of some sort... arrrggghh. that earns no interest.

dont hoard. just buy rule. that one earns every hour. hoarding is for setting aside your coins during battles.

18. hoard for the 1 trill achievement

then never ever hoard again

no point

negative feature

your better off keeping it on hand

even if ya lose every single battle

once youve got a certain amount of coin

its hindering to hoard it

keep it on hand

ya wont regret it

19. i guess for some, part of the fun is trying for a spot on the hoard leaderboard---- after all, a pirates biggest goal is to get gold!
    some have suggested to just keep buying income. fair point. up to a point :) after a while, it can take a year, two, three or more years just to see you recoup the investment cost for that property :( and yup, the bounty cost goes up with income, but after a while, as businesses get more expensive... the bounty will only rise slooooowly up. and yes, it might 'waste' a lot of coin to hoard it, much more than you could lose anyways, but that doesnt matter if there 'isnt much to do with your gold after a while anyway' as some have said!
    each to their own i guess :)

20. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Sounds like you guys are trying to change the game. No don't do that....if we are going to gain interest it should be in MW:LCN. I don't think pirates go to the back with huge treasure chest and say put it in my account. lol