Is there an 'upper lock' on battles?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Romaq, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Romaq

Romaq New Member

I'm dealing with this:

Level 1597
    646 attacks,1 bounties,4 axe slaps,1 bounty traps in 22 hours

I think it's a bit excessive, and he is essentially locking me out of the game. I can't engage in anything else. Is there a limit on how much someone far up the food chain can pummel on a person? Or is there a point at which 'enough is enough' as determined by the system?

I'm level 1491, and this is getting really silly.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. thats about right far as range is concerned

fyi its against rules to post the players name your having a problem with so might be in your best interest to edit the name out

and they can keep hitting you until they reach 5000 hits in 24hrs

then they cant hit for i believe 24hrs

3. Romaq

Romaq New Member

Thank you, it's corrected. Ok, I'll see if we can hit 5k and I'll at least get a 24 hour break. Doesn't seem like much of a solution if this goes on days... 5000 cap per day? Why bother with 5000?

1133 attacks... only a bit less than 3900 attacks I can't fight against to go. Today. Nice.

4. the madness of Kano is unknown to some

best guess i got is these are fighting games

if you dont want all those attacks then try zombie slayer

after 20 attacks you get 0 exp

and after 40 attacks you cant attack anymore cept bounty attacks

granted zombie slayer is ALOT harder

basically comes down to choice

deal with the attacks(counter them)

or deal with slow leveling

5. Romaq

Romaq New Member

Thank you. I'll see what shakes loose. Knowing there *IS* a cap, however absurd it is, is a start. :)

6. Romaq

Romaq New Member

Oh, another question... does it matter how many levels higher he is, if I stay off the game for a week will he still be able to attack? Or where is the link that discusses such limits as they are known? Normally someone a thousand levels higher or so will bounty list me, axe slap me, but never directly attack me unless I respond.

Well, we'll see if he runs out of cash for Stamina Refills or if we can hit that stupid 5k limit.

Addendum: Looks like someone applied, "The Hammer of Diplomacy" to the situation. Now to look for ways of thanking someone via cash transfers. "Hammer of Diplomacy"... sounds like a new limited... I like it!

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

But that player is only a 100 levels above you. The battle range is not LEVEL determined, it is +110% of your level cannot ATTACK you unless you have taken action (attack/bounty/bounty attack/Slap) against them in the last 24 hours.
    You're 1491. That gives you a 149 level buffer. So anyone LOWER than level 1641 CAN attack you without provocation.
    He's 1597. That is a 106 level difference - which is NOTHING at that level. Counter as much as possible, check to see if any clan can help you, try to clan with HIM, etc. And I would suggest raising your income (not profit - you shouldn't drop upkeep unless he begins to hammer you with bounties), since it is always a good idea.
    As for your "hide for a week" suggestion - bad idea. I wouldn't DROP the game for a week, just lie low. Since you ARE in his range, he can attack you whether you attack him or not. Hiding MIGHT make him realize he needs to back off, but I doubt it - he'll just pummel you when you return.

How do you know he's even BUYING stamina refills?

8. Ace

Ace Member

The level range's a 90% of the higher level, not 110% of the lower. The difference isn't too high but well. Example:

Level 1000. According to your theory, anyone with level 1100 or less should be able.

However, since it's calculated based on the higher level, anyone up to level 1111 can attack.

In the end, it's almost the same thing, instead of it being a 110%, it's a 111,11[...]% difference if considering the lower level.

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

So my estimate was conservative.
    He's 1597, which gives 1437+3/10. So your "bully" can attack anyone level 1438 and up. I don't know about level 1437, since I don't know whether KANO rounds in that calculation.

10. Ace

Ace Member

As far as I know, decimal numbers aren't taken into account, in case which it would be:

1597 - 159 = 1438

Yep, the bully is clearly able to attack anyone 1438 onwards.

11. Romaq

Romaq New Member

Thanks to everyone for input on this. Eventually by 'friend of a friend' someone with "The Hammer Of Diplomacy" stepped in.

12. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

anyone think the fight cap should be drastically reduced or least based on level? for anyone at level 1500, i surely could understand how being hit so many times could be annoying, and would cause them to reconsider even playing at all, even after all the time spent in getting that far?

why not just have the attack limit equal to the level? 1500 limits in a 24hr period if you're level 1500. 2000 if you're level 2000. stagger it however they like. course myself idk, i really wonder why anyone would ever need to hit one person more that 2000x in a 24h period. actually 1500 would prob be more than high enough. yes i understand power-levelers and all. but isn't that why there's even a 5000 hit limit? which imho does nothing to discourage rampant power leveling. if they're really wanting to balance the game more they'd lower it, drastically. not that the excessive power-levelers would ever leave regardless, might slow them down a bit, mostly it'd just make them find more 'partners', thus balancing the game out least a bit more.

13. You would be surprised at how much the creator of the game complained that the 5000 attack cap was too low.

I'd say leave the battle cap alone. If you do shrink the battle cap for PC/VC/MW then please raise the battle cap on zombies by however much you lower the VC battle limit.

14. well

5k is a bit low

10k would be better :D

15. Well duh you would say that Mr. bot man Eddie

16. Jailbait

Jailbait Member

are you serious? in zombie slayers the max attacks is 40 :(

17. for kanos other 3 apps

its 5000 attacks

and for some its not enough

oh and you get exp for all 5000

after a certain amount of hits exp does slightly drop