Issue - Boss Help Requests

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Vampryss, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I just logged on to VC about 30 min ago, started off on the battle page then moved on to fight a Boss. I hit the Boss a total of 43 times & found myself on the bounty list etc so I left the Boss page for a min. Only to return & find that someone else came in & finished it off. I never asked for help nor did send a request. I asked the person that helped how they came in & they said there was a request on their main page feed. I looked & don't see one from me nor is there one on my profile page. I've attached a link to a screen shot. As you can see the Boss was defeated in 1min 41 seconds but I never sent out a msg for help. Are these going out randomly in game or is this a bug? Thank you for reading.

CLICK HERE FOR SCREEN SHOT

EDIT: I just found that the game sent out a Bulletin - I updated the link above. Apparently this message is going out automatically when we begin the fight.​

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
  2. aranrod

aranrod Member

That's correct. It happened to me a coupla times again today.
    The game DOES send out a bulletin, regardless of whether you press the cancel button or not.

You can't even USE the cancel button when asking for Elite capt.

3. im not sure why,but this hasnt happened with me yet.

what browsers are you using?

4. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have & try out 5-6 browsers when stuff like this happens and it has happened on them all. I mainly use Google Chrome V4.1.249.1064 - but I also have seen this on Firefox, Flock, IE, Opera & Safari.

I am wondering if it has to do with our app settings though. (could be user error on my part anyway:( )

@aranrod - do you have the below checked in your app settings for the game? I just unchecked it & started a fight & no notice went through. I did however get the "do you want to publish this activity pop up & I hit cancel.

[​IMG]

5. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Also, Since I didn't ask anyone to help - messages like the one below don't need to be broadcast. People should be responsible for checking Boss battles on their own. These just clutter the feed.

Vampryss The Violator has just defeated their Level 3 Coop Boss: the Chimaera. Collect Reward!

6. aranrod

aranrod Member

Nope. I've everything unchecked. Except for the photo upload and even that doesn't work! (it did tho when I started playing the game. Don't know why my pic doens't show any longer). I sport this horrible greyed out 'no photo' thingy!!! Just another bug that really irritates me! :D

Anyhow, no mather what: in my case the game sends out to the bulletin board..:confused:

It really spoils the fun you know. I hardly dare to request for in game help, or whatever.
    I get people asking me whether I'm still into my job (photography),or prefer playing dumb ass online games...

I just don't want that stuff on my bulletin board... *tearing hair out*

7. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I understand that. I canceled another MySpace profile & created one for Apps only due to the number of bulletins, requests, comments, etc. My personal friends & family didn't care for all that stuff. Starting over was a b*tch but i was only a level 25 when I did. Now I just use facebook for friends & family only - never apps - Infact I block all apps in the facebook feed I see from everyone else.

Never the less, there should be more control on what is posted to MySpace. We should be able to hit a cancel button that works or have a "never post to MySpace" option in game.

8. that would most likely be why it does that then.i unchecked pretty much everything.

9. aranrod

aranrod Member

Couldn't agree more. I know it can be done! I played Heroes for years, and I still run Bloodlines.Never had any problems with the Playdom games. (Apart from the dumb ass way they dumped Heroes).
    In Playdom app. you have the possibility to delete the 'new friends' on your MySpace friends page without losing them in-game.
    They will stay in the game, but you'll no longer receive their bulletins or comments on Myspace. You can read that stuff on the in-game broad cast and you keep your friends page for your real friends. That's great.
    Now I have an overload of 'new friends' I now nothing about, informing me about things I don't wanna know nothing about...:rolleyes:

I'm sure that Kano can do the same as Playdom and give us a choice to keep the app. info separated from the MySpace home page. (I hope).

Still, I LOVE Pirate Clan!!:D

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  10. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Actually you can delete your friends & still keep them in Clan/Mob. I just re-added a couple that I noticed I had in clan but didn't have on my friends list. You should try it.. or test it out on me if you would like.. I'm not sure if you are in my clan.. http://myspace.com/335291130

You're right about Playdom Apps.. I know when you send an invite there you can hit the cancel button to stop the MySpace msg but the in-game invite still goes through. This also prevents having to mess with Capcha as well

11. aranrod

aranrod Member

I'm in your clan... so I could test it out... Not that I mind having YOU on my friends page :) I'll just give it a try... Please add me back if things go wrong...;)

12. aranrod

aranrod Member

I tried it on another clan member instead of you, and it worked! I'll wait a coupla days or so before I go on a deleting spree, though... :D
    Don't want to ruin things as long as some parts of the game are still rather unstable. (still can't get my photo back in, no matter what I try.)

13. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just remember, you can't access job requests & elite add requests from your activity page if you don't have any friends.. :) you may want to keep a few just for those.. say like 10 or 20 players that are active..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.