Achievements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, May 28, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Why are achievements so limited? I think they should continue far beyond where they do now, shouldnt players continue to get recognized/ rewarded for reaching milestones? Every day players are reaching milestone far greater than then where the current achievements drop off. Especially at the higher levels it would give the players a lil more incentive to strive for more.

2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Maybe not so much for the "Energy" achievements...most players don't bother getting the final one that already exists.

3. Ace

Ace Member

Property income... A million's the highest if I'm not wrong. Top players already have over 200 millions income. I've got mine a bit over 100 myself.

That one was challenging when the last city was Italy, now it's just a long-forgotten thing.

It might be fun to see achievements on punches and on fight kills too.

4. polishpimp

I still get a chuckle when i see/hear players going for the last 2 in the energy category, no matter how u slice it...no way its worth hundreds even thousand of skill points simply to get a few in return,,,TALK ABOUT A COLOSSAL WASTE of the most valuable commodity in the game. Not until/if Kano decides to give full energy upon leveling...would this become a good idea for some players

5. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Good. So I'm NOT just babbling about something I know nothing about. I *think* I've got 900 Energy on PC and VC right now. Working on Stamina.

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Viking Clan Income Achievements:
    10 Billion
    25 Billion
    50 Billion
    100 Billion
    250 Billion
    500 Billion
    1 Trillion

Chieftain Earnings:
    1 Billion
    5 Billion
    10 Billion
    25 Billion
    50 Billion
    100 Billion
    250 Billion
    500 Billion
    1 Trillion

Reching 5 Billion income is a rather easy thing. If you know what you're doing, you need only a month or so without help. If you're lucky and have someone willing to help you out when starting on a new network, you can have the Chief earnings down within hours.

The Boss Achievements could use an overhaul, too. I've seen Woads that were beyond Level 50 on Myspace, other people have their Rock Giants beyond Level 100.

Why not an achievement for killing the Level 25, 50 and 100 bosses.

7. polishpimp

agree agree agree!

8. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

YES YES YES!

I know one clan member in particular posted a level ~78 Loki today, and his Woadlord is in the high 60's (if not level 70 already).

I only ever start my low Bosses (Fire Dragon and earlier) when I need to burn Stamina and can't find Chieftain Bosses to use OR (for some reason) I decide that I need their equipment (Trickster Faeries have an Owner drop that is used in the Blacksmith - components don't show in my attack/defense but the result shows in my defense).

Maybe we could have an Achievement to do with sharing: # of times you've shared that boss?
    Or what about getting a full join-list (or unlocking the power attacks)? Some players try to do that just for fun and bragging rights already...

9. Diva

Diva Member

I am 100% behind this.

Would love to see many of the current achievements updated in all of the categories:

*Eye of the Tiger
    *Movin' on Up
    *All of the Empire Achievements
    *All of the Battle Achievements as well.

On FB there are now 5 new people who are hovering @ the 4000 achievement, and 16 people who have made it past 4000 on the world leaderboard. Surely adding a 5000 at the very least is now viable.

I sincerely hope that these achievements are considered prior to adding any more adventures, etc.

That's my 2 Favor Points - do with it as you will.

10. more boss achievements for sure as some are well over level 100

energy should refill at least to 1000 minimum to even bother going for the 2000 energy(unless your "the birman berserker of khrone" and have 20k energy already :D)

how about achievements for battle kills and for axe slap/pistol whip/punch kills

achievement for bounty traps would be nice to

and how about when reaching level 10,000 you get a pop up saying

YOU WIN
    GAME OVER
    THANKS FOR PLAYING :D

11. Jessica

Jessica Member

More achievements would definitely be nice I agree. I have a feeling that kano doesn't want to release too many achievements though as with enough skill points and right build people could level near non stop.

12. well that depends how much points per achievement

not to mention the increase in exp needed to level regardless of which game

13. I concur with Das' suggestion on income and especially chieftain income achievements. Another yes on boss achievements for 25, 25, and level 100 bosses.

Now for the other achievements,
    level up achievements:
    level 4500 completed
    level 5000 completed

Stat achievements
    Eliminate the useless 2000 energy acheivement
    Add achievements for:
    25000 health
    2000 stamina
    4000 stamina
    2000 attack
    3500 attack
    5000 attack
    2000 defense
    3500 defense
    5000 defense

Battle achievements
    25000 battle wins
    50000 battle wins
    100000 battle wins
    2000 bounty kills
    2000 counter attacks
    1000 bounty listings
    2000 bounty listings

I do NOT think any additional streak achievements should be added. Anyone who is already out of the sea of dead accounts and into the thick of the fighting, especially the high level players are not going to get any more undefeated streaks beyond the current achievement. Survival streak is a little more likely but with all the bounty wars, again isn't going to happen.

14. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I agree completely!

15. Red

Red Member

Achievements don´t need to always reward us with skill points, could as well give soldiers and weapons but i´m dreaming too much.

What´s the point of having achievements if they all look the same ? always the same boring logo.

16. More achievements would be great. So many people in these games need skills.

17. Seth Mad Dog

Seth Mad Dog Member

Never happen in any category. What would they do for people who have already passed the achievements? Give them out retroactively? Would throw the balance of the game off. But I would like to have them, give us higher levels some goals to pursue, while waiting for missing bosses and challenges.

18. they already HAVE given retroactive points when achievement value was increased

it doesnt throw off any balance

19. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Thank you for your feedback. I will add this to our suggestions list.

20. I'll be the contrarian voice on Energy. Not that I think more achievements are needed (although I would probably get them if they were added), but with the 'once a day 100%' and smaller loyalty boosts, spending skill points on energy can be very useful if you know what to do with them.

In general I agree that more achievements would be good, the same goes for new content.

This is a great game and I appreciate the work KANO puts into it.

Can you give an update on the guild wars? Roll out date, did you incorporate any of the suggestions from players?