Best use of UN credits?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zaelle, May 26, 2011.

1. Zaelle

Zaelle New Member

In your opinion, what is the best use of UN credits? Let me know your thoughts. Be specific if you like. Anything is good. :)

2. jon french

jon french Member

Strikers and Defenders are good - each one gets you 2% att bonus or 2% def bonus. Only buy 5 of each as max bonus is 10%.

Only buy UN special items for personal arming

Once you have a lot of stam use UN for stam refills

3. just a small clarification

2% up to 10% bonus when added to top squad

obvious to a regular player yes

to those just starting it might not dawn on them

4. Zaelle

Zaelle New Member

Well, I'm not new to the game in general, I'm about level 220ish right now, but I haven't bought anything except one stamina refill with my UN ever, and that was on accident. How do the strikers/defenders work _exactly_?

5. strikers get i believe 60% of your CURRENT attack while defenders get i believe 60% of your current defense(not that much into zs so i could be wrong)

adding them to top squad however i know will give you a attack bonus

one striker or defender equals a 2% bonus to either atk/def depending which you add

if you add 5 of each youll get max bonus of 10%

both are upgradable using un credits but only after raising your own atk/def

someone correct me if im wrong or not specific enough

i didnt say you were new that was just a general post

6. Zaelle

Zaelle New Member

I know you didn't specifically say I was new, was just sayin' that's why I have no idea about any UN stuff, haven't done it. As for right now, the strikers/defenders give me 362 to their respective stat. But uh, if you get that 10% bonus to your attack by adding them to your top squad, would that end up being worth losing 10 other people who could be in your top squad? All of the people in my top squad have at LEAST 700 or so attack. A lot of them have 1000+ The top squad thing confuses me, even though I know you can't reach your top squad max without upping your own attack. I'm still not sure how it works vs. the strikers/defenders.

btw, my base attack stat is 300, and my armed attack stat is 425.

7. i THINK it goes by your base atk/def

if there the same then thats your answer

1 striker=2% atk bonus
    1 defender=2% def bonus

ive yet to figure out if its worth adding them or not

now if that number is higher than some of your squads total then yes worth it

if its not higher ive yet to figure out if that extra % bonus is worth it

someone thats experienced please answer

8. Zaelle

Zaelle New Member

I doubt anyone will. Every thread I make you're usually the one who answers. lol

9. Ace

Ace Member

Strikers and Defenders should be your first purchase.

Having 5 of each on your Top Squad increases a 10% boost on both attack and defense that is completely independant from your TS Strength, and they also give large numbers on attack/defense. While at first they might look kinda crappy (a striker might give you like 800 attack and 400 defense, for example, while there are thousands of players better than that) they get very worthy as time goes by.

Larger boosts in battle mean easier victories. Having 5 strikers alone will be the same thing as attacking one person with 6 Stamina points without them.

After getting them, these are the most frequent ways of spending UNs:

-Property Upgrades. Some properties take INSANE time to upgrade, while it is true you can get all of them maxed out without spending a single UN, it'll take you at least one year.

-UN Gear: While they're very expensive and seem to make not that big a difference, they're very helpful when you're fighting people with similar stats.

-Refills: I don't like them, but they're the best way to get to a high level fast. Great tool for Credit Card players.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  10. malific

malific Member

Striker/defender strength relies on your Slayer´s attack/defense stats. As you improve either one, your hired guns can be upgraded for a couple UN points so they match your Slayer strength.
    Right now I have roughly 1,850 base points in both attack/defense, and a fully upgraded Striker gives me 4,400 Attack/2,200 Defense (Defenders work the other way round giving more defense), which is more than pretty much anyone in my squad. But if I don´t upgrade them every now and then they get weak.
    Of course, they´re worth buying just for boosts anyway, the extra 10% on atk/def make a lot of a difference in fights regardless of your stats. They won´t make you beat a tough player by themselves but help a lot.

11. One of the things I actually like about ZS vs the other games is that there are more (useful) options on what to spend your favor points on. (With the other games anything other than hired clan and stamina refills are pretty much a waste.)

The first thing I put by points towards are upgrading properties. I do the quick upgrades for level 2 and 3 but wait the looooooong amount of time for the level 4.

Then getting that max battle boost with hired squad would be my next priority.

Due to the lower amount of items taken into battle the limited UN weapons actually make sense to purchase, as not only they can be used as armables but each can play a significant role in your overall battle arsenal.

Stamina refills don't seem to confer much value in ZS since stamina seems to refill 100% (idk if there is just a higher cap on what it refills on level up or if it would recharge 100% even with 4K stam)

Just like the other games energy recharges and cash with favor points are basically pointless.

WHY is there even an option to refill health for UN points at all??????

12. if your out of coin and got un credits

13. Seth Mad Dog

Seth Mad Dog Member

First thing I bought was 5 strikers and 5 defenders. Yeah they take up half of your top squad and may have way lower and lopsided stats than a high level real squad member,but if your maximum top squad strength is higher than your current top squad strength it's no problem.

Even if you start reaching maximum top squad strength in either defense or attack, check to see if you can just plug in another live slayer with the higher corresponding stats over another live slayer with a lower stat. You don't want to waste UN points upgrading if you don't have to. The longer you wait upgrading hired squad members the higher the stats will be.

And if you don't know how to find the maximum and current top squad strengths, click squad tab, then squad members and it's at the top. Your maximum is probably way higher than your current if your low level.

14. Zaelle

Zaelle New Member

Thanks for the replies. Keep the info coming though, everyone needs more info about these things. :D