Syndicate/Guild/Faction/Armada Wars Input

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, May 25, 2011.

1. jon french

jon french Member

There will be trophies for top groups.

WOW!......not.

We are looking into awarding additional bonuses for ranking high in Wars.

SUCH AS? And how will you stop 2 factions of alts hitting 1st and 2nd place every season? (as you have conceded you have lost the Alts battle as one of the reasons for limiting Challenge help?)

2. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

War option

Thank you so much for finally giving armadas direction... only wish it wasn't optional... this a pirate fighting game.. so fight or go to farmville... :)

3. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

risk is my fav board game...LoL

i do have to agree with u on the attacks since a lower lvl cannot punch or attack bc if they do then they are actually doing more harm to their syn than helping them and with the numbers that high by the time u reach those then it doesnt mean a thing

this is why i was curious to see how this was going to be put into play bc like i stated b4 i knew the actual details, this feature seems like it will cater once again to the higher lvl players

whereas everything about the syn wars does sound interesting, it is still going to cater to those of higher lvls since it has to do with wins, so i am curious to see who will actually accept these invites

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Penalized? U will still be able to attack and go about your game as u have up until this point. This is just an additional feature u can take part in if u so wish.

Why a limit? I would think that if theres a large number of guilds/factions participating.....then a "limit " would actually help to some degree with the "bullie" aspect of the game, Players that are participating in these "wars" will be more likely to move on to their next victim once the "limit" on another player is reached in an effort to keep accumalating points towards their guilds total.

what difference would "halving" the amount of points awarded in each of the categories make if they only count towards a guild/factions total as it pertains to the rankings within this feature?

5. polishpimp

If a guild member takes out an act of aggression on a "allied" guild/faction who has opted in to the "wars" how about subtracting points at the same rate?

6. polishpimp

I semi agree here, I think that high leveled players wont get as much opportunity to rack up the points as the low to mid levels. I think that most limits ought to be kept in place.....but players above level 2k- 3k should have no protection status, this should be instituted game wide not just for the "wars"

7. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Please, let's NOT restrict who we can attack. Just because an allied faction is involved in a war with another faction then we will get penalized if we attack those in the allied faction? I am a little annoyed I am going to have to join a faction anyways to participate in these wars, are the wars going to control all aspects of play?

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  8. polishpimp

the name of the feature pretty much answers this doesnt it? Why would some independent benefit?

This feature will finally delivers to those who want to actually fight. It will reward aggressive play as it should be.

It does not take away from any other aspect of the game as it is an additional feature that must be opted into.

Players who have chosen to be peace loving(barf) vikings, pirates, zombies and mobsters and dont want to partake in PVP gaming can use the "hidden" feature. Independant players now have a choice of how they want to play...passively or aggressively.

If anything....this may help out in what many deem as a large problem in the games ...BULLYING. At least for the players in guilds/factions that opt in to the "wars".... I would think they would be more likely to hit their targets cap and then move on to the next victim in an effort to keep adding to their groups total. Lets not forget that players in the wars will not accumulate these points needed for the wars against an opponent who is not part of the wars. This adds an incentive to go after the players who want/ choose to play a more aggressive style of play and less incentive to go after the players who should be playing farmville. ITS BRILLIANT!

9. There Will Be Blood

Don't assume that those that don't want to be in a faction don't partake in PVP. I was fourth to 100K fight wins on FB, and currently third on the list in fight wins. All done with out a tag on my name. I think Coffee just wanted to know if there was any participation for those not in a faction. I, for one, was also interested in this answer. Now I'll just have to get over joining a faction LOL.

10. polishpimp

The thing to remember here is that guilds/factions will have to choose to be a part of these wars. The leader of a guild who wants to participate will have to go and "opt in" on the "edit" page of their guild.

Members of a guild/faction who have opted to be part of this particular feature of the games will still be allowed to attack whom ever they wish, they simply wont be awarded any "guild war points" if they are attacking another player of a guild/faction that is NOT participating in the "guild wars"

My statement that u quoted was suggesting that Kano subtract an equal amount of points from a player if they attack an "allied" guild member who is also "participating" in the "guild wars". This would not limit who u could attack...but penalize them for attacking an Allie. It would really add a lot to the depth of this new update as guilds would have to choose very wisely who they want as Allies and players would really need to pay attention to what they're doing.

11. polishpimp

it was simply a broad statement intended to cover a majority of players. I wasnt trying to slam on players who prefer to fly solo.

With that said....doesnt the name say it all? If a player chooses/prefers to play solo...why on earth would they think/wonder if a solo act would be able to participate in a feature called "guild, faction, armada or mob wars"?

12. There Will Be Blood

I understand your statement and your logic, and I still disagree with it :p I still do not think it is fair to penalize for attacking allies. A primary reason I have gone "unfactioned" was because I want to be able to attack whomever I can. All I do in this game is battle, I think it is the most fun part. Also, my battle list is small enough. If we are penalized for attacking allies then there will be no one left.

13. Ace

Ace Member

I wouldn't penalize for attacking an ally, that's part of the strategy, if my enemy list's my faction member, of course I'll try to catch him so they don't earn the cash (and points once this is implemented) so why should we be penalized for that?

Of course, you shouldn't earn points for attacking allies, but no one said you would.

14. polishpimp

Lol...It was just a suggestion, an idea brought on by another members post.Im not married to the idea yet...lol

I completely understand the small battle list thing and that battling is one of the more enjoyable aspects.

I just happen to like the idea because it brings a little more to the table as far as having to use ones head and the strategy of who to have or not have as an Allie. As Ericmaximus stated previously in this thread...Im not a big fan Of Allies either. In my opinion they're more trouble than they're worth, it proves very difficult to get 25 members all on the same page as far as an Allie goes and a guild leader finds themselves running around putting out small fires all day.

Some where else in this thread I commented on someones post regarding having a limited number of players to attack. I have been a long time and vocal proponent of lifting all "protection limits" for high leveled players. I think this would go along ways as far as opening up the battle pages for these deserving long time and/or high leveled players both in the "guild wars" and the games as a whole. I firmly believe that high leveled player have been and are being punished for actually succeeding at these games by these limiting factors. I also believe that high leveled players that would argue removing these limits are merely paper champions that have been running there mouths way to long and are too scared to put up or shut up....lol

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  15. polishpimp

The more and more i think about it Kendall,......I really think the level restrictions need to be eliminated if a guild chooses to participate in the "wars". Not sure if its possible to deactivate these limits while while fighting an opponent who is in the "wars" and to activate said limits while not....but if u can...it only makes sense. If not at the very least...the highest of levels should not have protection limits across the entire game then.

Guilds that have a larger number of higher levels would seemingly be at a distinct disadvantage as their battle page is way more limited, this is unfair to the individual player and the guild as a whole. Where as a guild full of low to mid level players would have distinct advantage due to the sheer numbers of available targets on their battle page.

It seems right that this feature should be as established guild friendly as possible so that guilds will not have to disband or completely reorganize so as to be more competitive. I think it would be simpler and more fair that new guilds being formed could just build around the rules/guideline that have already been established

16. juarlita

juarlita Member

What difference would halving the amount of points make? Then why have limits at all - limits keep the lower level players more active in the wars because they'll have to step up to the plate to keep their guild/faction/whatever up to speed.

17. Diva

Diva Member

I think it says a lot that 50% of the top 10 leaderboard aren't even in a guild at all & we haven't been for months now.

Here's a thought: Before making all these fantastic changes, why not ask us:

Hey guys, is there any reason why you are NOT in a guild?

lvl 5000 something.

18. Skiguy

Skiguy New Member

25 counter attacks is nothing. We commonly see 2 or 3 times that on a single user with ambushes.

What happens when a group is a "multi-Group"- for example- groupx is made up of "GRPX", "GRPX2", "GRPX3"?

What happens when someone dies on the rigged ignition of a fellow group member?

19. polishpimp

ummmm...players have been asking for something like this ever since guilds were just an idea of Kanos.

There really hasnt been a whole lotta reason/incentive to be in a guild for the more aggressive players. Guild wars will show once and for all who the dominate guilds are.

There is another reason why some players dont choose to be in guilds (dont take this wrong..im not leveling accusations...i dont even know u) But guilds make it much harder if not impossible for some types of automated play.

What does 50% of the leader board not being in a guild say.... that your anti social? lol..just kidding around. Not sure what game your playing or which network your on...but thats definitely not the case here in Myspace VC

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  20. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

+2 points for counter attacks man. That is a weak way to fight. You're going to encourage people to counter more, INCLUDING ME AND NOBODY OUTSIDE MY SQUAD CAN BEAT ME!!!! :mad: lol...

I think a war feature is extremely necessary as the faction I'm in on ZS ( TERR ) has 0 allies and we keep it like that for a reason.

My only concern is the high amount of points you are rewarding for a coward move of the counter attacks. And the limit of 25? How about 10? Or did you guys like 25 because that comes out to 150 at +6 each and the math was easier? lol