[LCN] Developer Update - May 24th Challenge Help Bonus Fix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 25, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Today we closed a "hole" in the game with challenge help that could be abused and was being abused under certain circumstances, we were notified through support channels by some concerned players and after taking a closer look we had to take action to impose limits on the bonuses as we do in every other help feature in the game. This was overlooked by the developer responsible for this feature and I apologize for it being open for so long.

Players will now receive maximum bonus for the first 25 challenge helps in a 24-hr period and will receive 1 XP for all helps after.

What is the harm of not having any limits? Well, people potentially could create automation to aggregate help links from all their friends, suck down a bunch of "free" XP and level without actually really playing the game. Having players high in the game without actually playing the game (jobs, fights, bosses, challenges) is something that I think everyone can agree we want to avoid.

That being said, those players that are upset with this change that was not abusing it, there are still plenty of areas to get bonus XP from outbreak help, boss help, world boss help and challenge help.

Today we also released bonus XP for repeat attacks on the World Boss which will hopefully offset the players that were not abusing this feature to make up any losses and add further incentive to go after the world bosses.

We thank you for your understanding while trying to keep Mob Wars: LCN a fun, fair, balanced and competitive game.

If you have constructive input we would like to hear it, but going back to unlimited help is not an option since it has been found to be opened up to abuse.

***** UPDATE *****
    - first 50 Helps in a 24-hr period will reward maximum XP bonus
    - helps from 51 to 75 will degrade linearly to 1 XP
    - helps beyond 75 in a 24-hr period will reward 1 XP

I hope players see this as a fair compromise to the original change and with the potential abuse that could happen without imposing a limit.

2. FFS :( .... best thing about these useless challenges was collecting on the help ... Gotta love how yet a gain a few whinners can effect such a change!! Kano Dev's are making it so easy for players like me to finally call it a day!!!!

3. Mario

Mario New Member

You can say that again!

4. BSaintD

BSaintD New Member

I totally agree, Susie... I've been apparently abusing the system by helping out my mobbies, eh? I, for some reason, don't LIKE that accusation:rolleyes:

Now, wtf have they done to damage/XP on the boss fights? "Corrected" that as well??? This is BS:mad:

5. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

only time will tell...

these "improvements" will cause improve the number of players that want to spend their time elsewhere and not playin mob wars

constructively, this is the WORST thing that u could have done bc now u are limiting people playin by not being able to move forward by doing what they do

it appears that NONE of our suggestions have had ANY impact on the decisions made so why do we even have a forum??? there is no point in bringing suggestions to the table when the table already has their minds made up on what is gonna be done

that is why having such a small committee is doing more damage than actual help bc it is obvious that the people who at least spend their time on the forum do not have any input on what goes on in the game that WE play

if u ask for suggestions then put them into action or dont have us waste our time posting these long comments

i have stated from day 1 that this game is catered to the higher lvl player and these most recent updates (syn wars being the main thing) have also added to my point bc there is no incentive for the lower lvl to keep playin since everything is handed to the higher lvls

1) they get all the bounties bc they can attack any lvl and their health and attack are obviously greater so they dont have to heal attacking lower lvls

2) they can hitlist anybody that they want to (well lvl300 and beyond)

3) they get more max xp per fight bc of their lvl and not their health (whereas lower lvls can have more health and get way less max xp which makes absolutely no sense)

4) they get more xp helping on challenges (which i guess is why now there is a limit...LoL)

5) i could on for days about this syn wars since there wasnt any thought put in to balance it out

im just sayin, syn wars would be a great feature if there was some way to keep it balanced, but i dont see too many syns taking advantage of this feature in the game since it will cater to the syns with the most high lvl players, but we will see how this all unfolds since i am only reacting to what is explained of them and not actually looked at it on the game

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

***** UPDATE *****
    - first 50 Helps in a 24-hr period will reward maximum XP bonus
    - helps from 51 to 75 will degrade linearly to 1 XP
    - helps beyond 75 in a 24-hr period will reward 1 XP

I hope players see this as a fair compromise to the original change and with the potential abuse that could happen without imposing a limit.

7. Busta

Busta Member

Thanks, that's better

8. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

Yes Kendall..i do think this is a fair trade..i get 667 per help up to 50 and that would mean 1/2 a level per day if i get all 50 in..not bad

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Since the Calender Help is a special type of thing and does not occur very often and is a celebration we have gone ahead and removed the Calendar from having any type of XP help restrictions. Enjoy!

10. Busta

Busta Member

Thanks, I WAS JUST GONNA SAY!

x