May 13 Developer Update - Syndicate Member Privacy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, May 13, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Member

What kind of "strategy" do you consider bookmarking is?

That's not strategy, this upgrade's just to make life harder. You could still bully an entire faction by just bookmarking all their 300+ people anyway.

2. steal toes

steal toes Member

Getting someone's link isn't the issue here..

Almost every one of us has an enemy list full of bookmarks.

The issue here is this "Mob Game" is turning into some kind of LIBERAL B.S. :eek:

3. well first you have to find them

if you had done that before this update then no point complaining

if not then better start hunting for them

4. well if you got the link then whats the problem

seriously

5. i dont think the devs thought it would strike this controversy

hell i didnt think so either

new strategy that was needed and already controversy begins

6. Ace

Ace Member

Agreed. Anyone who joins a faction should know that they'll get protection and that they'll get randomly attacked.

7. well how bout they dont get attacked at all perhaps??

why not lol.all part of a strategy

finding some members might require a scavenger hunt

question is are you willingly to spend the time looking or not

if so more power ta you

if not then the strategy worked

8. Again, and Again, and Again.

Why do you need to access to a guild's membership? So you can go down the list and bounty everyone in that guild, who's not big enough to beat the snot out of you for doing so, because one of that guild claimed a bounty somebody else put on you, or beat you on the fight list, or you attacked somebody in that guild and lost?? Seriously what??

Can any of you who are upset with this update give me a single good reason why without making yourself look like a cowardly leech?

Certainly toes up there can't, or seems that way, what with the 3rd grade vocabulary and the regurgitated insults. Seriously if you're going to insult somebody why are you going to stick with 2nd grade level insults or regurgitate better ones that everyone else has heard a million times?

Ohh... I apologize, I forget sometimes that it's harder for some people to be creative and intelligent. That those with "special" intellects need to result to such tactics to express their feelings because anything else is simply beyond their ability.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... but I'll gladly send you a Scooby Doo Lunch Box

9. Doc Morpheus

Doc Morpheus Member

I have been adding some higher level players to my rivals list this way, when the fight list gets empty.

And by the way, a higher level is not very important when it comes to a mobs strength.

10. steal toes

steal toes Member

The problem is, " I want to play a Mob Game and feel like I'm not surrounded by a bunch of Pussies." :eek:

That's all..

..But maybe that's to much to ask of this "Mob Game"? :confused:

--------------------

Warlock Tigerwolf

BTW, I like Scooby Doo and you should see my "pink panties" ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  11. a high level will be visible if in range and/or on leaderboard anyway

there not the ones that need hiding

12. This I can understand. Though there are other ways to accomplish this, perhaps more efficient ways as well

13. well if you cant find a rival or someone then start hunting if it means that much

eventually youll find them unless they found a way to stay off your radar completely

seriously though anyone you actually need to bookmark probably means they cant beat you anyway and therefore is a bullying tactic

14. steal toes

steal toes Member

LoL

Don't talk to me about targets, that's another issue in itself.

Don't get me started.! :mad:

:D

15. You just punched in the face Steal Toes and dealt 2 damage.

well why else would ya need to scan through syndicates for???

if not for targets then please by all means what possible reason

16. steal toes

steal toes Member

2 damage :eek:

I hope it was as satisfying for you, as it was me. ;)

Targets can be pretty easy...
    Normally I can come to the boards, run my mouth a bit, and some "Guppy" will come along and punch me. :D

I would just pick a target off my fight list but there isn't any to speak of. :(

So yes.. Taunting is a huge part of the game and a major source for targets. Evil :)

Oh and BTW

Here's my link...

http://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/profile/user/1333089202

...just in case any other "kitty cats" want to climb my tree.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  17. well hunt for your targets.

this update was NEEDED and is very effective

its still not hard to find "targets" meaning "weaklings that have no chance against you" thats easy

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Our hand was kind of "forced" on this one. When we release a feature we generally try to make it as open as possible all factions public and free text alliance / enemy requests. When issues start to arise, for example free text messages that are taken as being harassing and unprovoked attacks on faction members.

We will plan to release new features around syndicates where syndicates will only be able to participate where they are public.

Right now, syndicates are just racing for gamer points. We are long overdue for a war feature with syndicates. I will spark up a new thread to get the communities input and maybe we can get something out quickly. We do have our own ideas but would like to give the community a chance for input.

A good analogy for this is Facebooks constant updates to their privacy policy, they generally leave stuff as open as possible, then when their support channels start getting flooded with complaints they add new options of privacy.

I apologize to those that are upset with this change, but I also promise that we will be adding a feature to the syndicate where syndicates can only participate if their syndicate is public.

19. "unprovoked attacks on faction members" that should say "syndicate" since this in mob section but same thing

yes THAT would be the main reason those "unprovoked attacks" but its still to little to late for those that bookmarked

"syndicates will only be able to participate where they are public" thats fair enough

and it was said alot in the past 24hrs but will be said again

the only ones that hate this change are the ones that are trying to pick a fight with a lower level.they would be the ONLY ones hating this.

and i said this at least 3 or 4x but will say it again

excellent update kano

20. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

its for people to not be able to just go listing lower lvls in ur syn bc they cant deal wit u, thats the point, its to make people deal wit their beef head on and stop running around tryin to bounty all the lower bounties in a syn