Bosses - Unlocked Power Attacks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Black Grim the Devourer, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Okay. Unlocked Power Attacks....do they even do anything? I've unlocked all of them a month ago and now they're locked again. I suspect it means unlocked for THAT boss? I don't see the point in them.

And now I get messages from players whose boss I obliterate. They bitch and whine about wanting these power attacks and now they can't because I killed it. Wah wah wah. Give me a break. The first person to do this, I tried explaining that these power attacks mean nothing and that they already reached 5 players and did that unlocked power attack they get really do anything for them? No...it didn't.

So seriously...some explaination about what these power attacks really do would be nice. Otherwise, I'm killing your boss if you ask for help and I'm not reading your little boss feed. If you don't like that, get out of my clan. I don't want cry babies in my clan anyways.

2. haha i have the same messages from some players cry that i kill they boss ... will be nice 2 use some how unlocked powers :cool:

3. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

you unlock those powers only during that battle, and only when you have 5 or more people. After the battle you lose them again. Call them supermoves that can only be done under certain circumstances.

4. Dolly

Dolly New Member

I'm with Black Grim the Devourer. If I ever did ask for help on my own boss battle, I wouldn't messages the contributor and tell them I didn't appreciate their help. I've waited and waited for some of these people to finish the battle and in the end, they forgot about it and I lost out. And how do I know how many times to attack? I don't want to be polite and hit just a few times and have the ugly bastard tell me I didn't do enough to get a reward. It's a nice way to help us get extra exp. points (& spend tons of stamina) but I don't want to stick an emotional thermometer up peoples' rectums either. How's that Black Grim? Are we seeing eye-to-eye, honey? Gggrrrrrr.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Power Attacks are only unlocked for that battle and will add the associated Att/Def when used to your total attack.

Currently in our "idea funnel" we do want to reuse these power attacks in other aspects in the game, you bringing it up here makes it more relevant.

Thanks for the input!

If you have ideas of how you would like to see them incorporated into other aspects of the game let us know.

6. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Here's a new twist. I get requests from players to help them with their boss battles. I don't always have time to ask them how much or how little help they want or need. Some want me to do the whole thing for them. today, some fool messages me in all caps telling me to stop killing "his" bosses after he's advertised for help. Let me repeat this, if you think you can control how much help you get, forget it. I simply declanned the jerk and bountied him for yelling at me. I'm not going to tolerate that crap. But there will be other players who kill his bosses. I'll make sure of it. :D

7. Well the thing is, if the unlocked power attacks did more than only apply to that individual boss then it'd be worth asking for help.

the only time i ever ask for help now is when i dont want to waste my stamina and i figure im helping out any other lower level player get some exp.

the unlocked power attacks mean nothing to me right now. i do like the idea of reusing them elsewhere. how? im not sure. i like the concept of having your clan help. i think this game could use more group fighting as opposed to being everyone out for themselves. if the developers can combine this with having the unlocked power attacks useful, that'd be great.