[LCN] Developer Update - Bounty List Free For All Levels and Costs

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 10, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We made a couple changes to the bounty list free for all that previously began at level 300.

We increased the level to coincide with content unlocked: Level 500 (Johannesburg / about 70% content unlocked)

We reduced the protection costs ramp up below level 300, to follow closer to what a user will experience when they will no longer be protected from users outside of double their level.

Here are the reasons why we adjusted these levels, user protected costs and our thoughts behind it:

• level 300 players getting hitlisted is one of the top issues we deal with in our support (30-50% of the issues we deal with is around this), users not understanding why they can be hitlisted by a player at level 3000 when they are at 300. Active daily players drop dramatically from level 300 on which corresponds with the data that we get through our support channels, we suspect that players just give up if they hit a level +1000 player that has the funds to continually hitlist them for reason or not.
    • at one point level 300 may have made sense, but now that we have added so much content beyond level 300 hitlist costs and income levels between a level 300 and say someone at 1000 is not a level playing field.
    • players that are below the free for all level can still be hitlisted by people that are double their level, so a level 800 can hitlist level +400's. We may look at ramping up this range as a player levels.
    • level 300 can be reached somewhat quickly by a new dedicated player, getting repeatedly hitlisted by a +1000 level player is not a great introduction to the game and we suspect that it has turned off many players as mentioned above
    • costs were adjusted to follow closer to what they will experience in the free for all so that users can be better prepared for building up a stronger hitlist cost.

Feedback is always appreciated. We knew going into this one that it would be met with resistance, especially from the higher level players which is why we have gone as long as we have not making this change but with all the emails we get from players giving up as well as complaints around the fast ramping of the protection costs we decided to rip the band-aid off on this one and make a "big" change to get us to the change that is best for the game.

We are all ears on feedback and can always make changes, but wanted to be clear on the reasons why we are making this change and share the reasoning with the community.

This is an issue across all our games and not just LCN.

**** UPDATE: this change will be reverted to allow for more input from the community

2. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Only a couple of players above 3,000 on FB, so who was the idiot? ;) Level 4,000+ was not mentioned, so that rules out at least 2 on FB - my money is on Scott ;)

In all seriousness, I just _love_ the way in which the changes are made and communicated. No input asked or used. In addition the skimpy content we have at the higher levels are now being used as an excuse to do these things. Meanwhile any adjustments in high-level activities, achievements and play are not being done.

3. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

ur response means that u obviously are not on the forum that much since this has been an ongoing debate for as long as i have been a member to this forum, which was back in march 2011...LoL

whereas i do not agree with having a "free for all" lvl, even if it is at lvl500 now, i do feel like allowing players to get bountied by ANYBODY just bc they were lvl300 is for the birds and should have been changed

i see it as u should ONLY be allowed to bounty someone that is within half of ur lvl if u are the higher lvl player and then be allowed to retaliate if the lower lvl bounties u (i feel as though the window should be opened up though to not just allow the higher lvl to retaliate and kill once, they should be able to kill for the full 24 hours)

4. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

How I love forum anonymity. Yes, I haven't been around much ;)

PS: Love the kill-as-many-times-as-possible suggestion - it has also come up before.

5. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yeah im a big fan of this bc if somebody has the guts to list me then i should be able to kill that fool as many times as i want within 24 hrs...haha

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

**** UPDATE: this change will be reverted to allow for more input from the community. So please continue the discussion with the topic at hand and air out all concerns with the suggested and give alternate options that you feel may work.

7. at the risk of sounding petty ..what about everyone that has ran the gauntlet ....its happened to all of us at one time or another , and hopefully we learned from it .....not to punch/attack above your level ...dont go for high level bountys ..etc

it doesnt make sense to go to the trouble of devising a fighting game ..then stopping people from fighting

im not saying change it to a massive free for all but its been level 300 for as long as ive been playing ..

in my opinion the stamina refill needs more attention than protecting players till level 500

8. bumpy955

bumpy955 New Member

just maybe you should forget about the changes you made and do your job with the cheats who use low level mobsters to do their dirty buisness for them, now you say we cant kill them?
    eric do what your nick name says and freeze them

9. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Stamina refills, now there is something we haven't complained about before. Nudge-nudge. Although... at this point after all the cash I've spent on the game, large refills will also make me disgruntled. Catch-22.

10. what costs were adjusted for the change? did city costs go down, or did bounty costs increase? were the bounty costs adjusted based on level and property owned?

does level affect your bounty cost, and if so, is there a negative affect on cost with higher levels?

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Currently for users that are below level 300 their costs increase exponentially, with the change that we reverted we made the increase of cost similar to how the cost increases for users out of protection.

12. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Level 300 is more than enough protection for Mob Wars Players. It takes way longer to reach that level than it does for Viking Clan or Pirate Clan, so upping the whole thing to Level 500 is pointless. By level 300 your mobster should be able to face the hitlist and have some properties at hand. And it's not like Viking Clan, where you can, with some work, dedication and too much time, reach Level 300 within 2 days.

Level 500 took me, with all the weeks of inactivity counted out, 6 to 7 months of playing. This is way too much time for a "rookie protection".

13. Assassino Anonimo

Assassino Anonimo New Member

Yeah lets give the game to the alts in a silver plate

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

lol@the term rookie protection, i laugh at everyone that feels as though u should be able to bang wit lvl1000s at lvl300

15. Das liebe Beil

Why not? It sure is fun to chainlist higher-leveled players. If I could afford it as much as I want to, I'd do it more often. Listing whole factions or anyone on the leaderboard not in my mob is fun.

Anyone who can calculate profit ratios and amortizing rates can, by level 500, have a bounty price that few will be willing to pay. I've seen enough level 300 something players with a bounty far higher than levels 600+. And it were starting prices each time.

Nope, 300 is fair. If you don't want to get whacked by the high levels, maybe you should stay off their radar. And seriously, I'm tempted to find out if you play on MS.

I seriously dislike it when small players cry for more protection cause they leveled too fast or neglected to build income. Choices have consequences, if you chose to neglect income and opted for speed-leveling, well, that's your fault then. You chose to do so, now face the consequences.

It's a fighting game, be ready to get battered. If you can't take a dirty fight or a chainlisting, well, then you're playing the wrong kind of game.

And as another player said, hand the game to the alts. Level 500 takes much time on Mob Wars. Enough time to build big income and sitting on Level 400 allows to build loads of City. Furthermore can a level 400 chainlist entire syndicates and built right the small players have no chance against an income collecting alt. I even know the perfect build for such an alt, pure energy and tycoon.

I stand by my conviction that Level 300 is more than enough to learn how to play the game and build income.

16. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

lol some people never learn. If you are getting beat up by a person higher than you and you can't do anything just leave them alone! Fight someone your own size....you know like on your level and if you say you clicked on the level 1913 who has been on the list for 20 mins by mistake....well he/her gonna kick your butt by mistake for 24 hours! So turn at other cheek and learn from it. That's what I did when a level 726 punched me after listing someone. I got a few achievements for fighting with them and left them alone. At this point if you get hit listed by someone higher level than you: the person you were fighting asked for help, you are in the the enemy syndicate or were in their mob and they kicked you out and listed you.

17. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

how cute...LoL

who do u think gets all the HL kills? the higher lvls, which i think is very stupid that u can collect a bounty on somebody that u cannot even attack normally, but it is what it is and now u higher lvl players are complaining bc u can no longer bounty a lvl300 at free rain? i guess it makes u feel like ur somebody when ur more than twice their lvl and u can bounty them wit no prob huh?

18. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

i'll say this again..the lvl300 players are not the ones chain listing higher lvls, its the higher lvls that feel the need to go listing everyone in the syn just bc they can, and nowadays people are being told how to play so that they can be better than those people who didnt learn what they were doing until they hit lvl400 or so

everyone who is against lvl300s not being able to get listed by anybody (no matter the lvl) are acting like as a brand new player u knew what u really needed to do B4 u hit lvl300, dont give me that garbage

yeah i play on myspace and believe me when i say it, u dont want none of me, u sound like the typical person cryin about not being able to fight people lower than twice ur lvl anyway, u've already lost right there

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  19. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

we arent talkin about the people punching u tryin to get a reaction from u killer man...LoL

20. Das liebe Beil

Oh, I don't consider myself a High level player, I'm not even at Level 600. Therefore I can still list Level 300+ at will. Just FYI.

High Level players are complaining cause a right-built alt can now easier hide behind even more low-level protection and be used to harass other small players more easily. And Mob Wars on myspace is full of (suspected) alts. How would you like being asked for help with a Level 400 chainlister (alt) and then seeing that you can't help your mobbies, as the guy is of a too low level? Consider this before you cry "Protect me, I don't want to fight on a fighting game!" And hitlist protection was good as it was.

I list complete syndicates cause I can, I don't care for the level. So yes, I listed Wrecks more than once cause he's a member of the syndicate I felt like feeding to the fishes.

With your argument that people nowadays learn to build their characters even better than the ones coming before them and therefore being able to evade mistakes others made, you want to validate more protection? Are you kidding me? If anything this calls for less protection, as the players actually are ready to face the wolves earlier.

Then you say that people don't know what to expect and what to do by level 300. Now please decide.

Do players by level 300 know how to play and what to expect or not?

I knew what to do and what to avoid. Sure, I made mistakes and so, but all in all, I could care less. I don't need something protecting me from getting chainlisted by a Level 1000+. As long as my money allows it, I'll list back. And, furthermore, I am able to calculate exactly how to build City so it amortizes fast.

Furthermore, I can always hitlist you. Win some, lose some, it's all the same to me. I'll heal and soon you'll run out of cash to list me or I'll simply stay dead.