Major world boss question for Kano and others, this is interesting

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeEoftheMountains, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Hey, I have a question about your figures for damage dealt to the world boss. I am a level 2001 pirate and my mate is a level 1291 pirate.

-I have 2 attacks on the world boss inflicting 173,377 points of total damage. He has 1 attack and inflicts 162,662 total damage.
    -Even some people in my armada level 976, 1 attack, 129,921 total damage.
    -Also 1 attack, 100,420 total damage, level 1319

Comparing my health/ total attack/total defense to my level 1291 pirate...He has 5920 more total health than me. I have 1467 more total attack than him. I have 1597 more total defense than him.

Other than the 5920 health it's obvious my total attack/defense are way higher than him.

My main question is, how do I average 86,688.5 total damage to the world boss, while he is hitting 162,662?

I know Kano doesn't want to give out their formulas, but even on the last world boss, he just blew me away in total damage even though I had more attacks.

Is my low health that HUGE of a factor in figureing total damge given to bosses?

Thank you!
    LeE OTM

2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Health is a HUGE factor and thus makes it harder on the low-health parasites. Attack/Defense are the most important against other players (health factors in) but Health is the most important against Bosses (attack/defense factor in).

3. Spar Daniel

Spar Daniel New Member

I have wondered this myself i am level 2210 i hit twice and a lower level 600 levels lower than me hits once and goes over my total damage and i have 20,400 health and over 3,000 attack and defense and they have 2,000 attack and defense and 20,000 health :confused:

4. Your health is capping your damage it looks like. There are caps on damage based on your health, your attack strength vs the boss/other players defense strength and the enemy's health(if its too low) On bosses damage amounts can be limited by your health if your attack power requires you to take damage in return greater than some percentage of your health. So while you might have a stronger punch than your friend you do less damage due to your lower health, while his/her lower attack doesn't really factor in cause the world boss has the defense of a sponge.

To Daniel: Sounds like your friend is grabbing a boost before he attacks, and also there is just some randomness built into it I guess.

5. This "randomness" that you talk of towel has been popping up in a lot of threads; critical hits, power attacks, boss attacks etc. I understand a randomness in the formula, but it seems that it needs to be tightened up a little. Critical attacks seem to vary from 0-30% increase. I can totally understand like a maximum of a 10% randomness, but it seems that what is in current place is a little sloppy.

As far as the caps on health, I just started putting more skill points into health per level than I previously was. I'm sure it will not take long for me to even this out a little :)

LeE OTM

6. Spar Daniel

Spar Daniel New Member

I thought the same thing he must have been using a boost so i used a boost every time i hit it and he still takes out more i hit 4 times taking out 666893 total damage he hits 3 times takes out 784177 total damage and we have the same health so health is not the factor no big deal just wondering :)

7. Ace

Ace Member

Damage on World Bosses is most likely determined by health, since their defense is so low attack barely makes any difference.

Not that it really matters much though, the XP obtained from World Bosses is fixed, doesn't depend on damage at all.

8. Next time you start a boss battle with one of your bosses, notice how sometimes it tells you that your max health is low compared to the boss health. It will never tell you that your attack is low or that your defense is low. ;)

9. actually there IS a message that says if your strength is to low you just probably havent come across it yet

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

On Viking Clan, I see that message all the time with my Skadi. But I have not yet seen it on any PC bosses.

11. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yes the world bosses is fixed, but it is actually based on ur lvl, i have looked very careful into this and ur lvl has a LOT to do with how much damage and xp u get, even if the health is lower than the lower lvl u may still do more damage from ur total attack and ur actual lvl

12. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

No, health is the most important. Attack has less of an effect than health does.
    As far as level goes...if it affects the damage done, then my guess would be some sort of cap or range.

13. Ace

Ace Member

Not sure if level helps on damage done, I think it's entirely based on health/attack factor (Attack helping little since the boss' defense sucks)

I do know you get 5% of your total exp per Power Attack though.