davy items vs drop items

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, Apr 22, 2010.

?

should power up items ever be stronger than davy items?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

100.0%
  1. just look at how some drop items are stronger than some davy items and how one drop and one davy are exact same strength(one drop weapon and one davy matey).i always thought davys were suppose to be stronger than drops in at least either attack or defense.but hey,i just play the game and dont really question too much anymore.

davy: german blunderbuss
    attack 14
    defense 13(i think)

davy: crossbow
    attack 15
    defense 12

davy:undead raider
    attack 15
    defense 13

vs

drop: giant spider
    attack 15
    defense 13

davy: hell crusader
    attack 50
    defense 65

davy: golden Inquisitor
    attack 65
    defense 50

vs

drop(s)
    decoy rum ship
    attack 65
    defense 65

deadeye galleon
    attack 80
    defense 80

pirate galley
    attack 70
    defense 85

flying dutchman
    attack 85
    defense 70

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. aranrod

aranrod Member

Yeah, I figured that out some time ago, and I regret having spend so many favor points on davy items.
    I'm now playing a lot of once ignored adventures to gain more drop items. LOL.

Still love the game! :)

The only thing I'd like to see is a longer hitlist, and a nice bounty list.:D

3. Blargh

Blargh Member

You have to be foolish to buy the Xmas Blunderbuss 19/15 for 23pts when the Quad Blunderbuss 33/24 is 25pts. The two "sale" weapons on the clan page are always much weaker but only a few points less than the 25pt weapon on the home page. I think the better question is why they even offer those sale weapons.

4. those sale weapons are ALWAYS a item that was previously offered for 25 points.
    not all of them are weak(at least some of the ships have either a good attack or a good defense)

however there is no drop stronger than that davy xmas blunderbuss

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  5. Blargh

Blargh Member

The "sale" ships are sometimes tempting but I can't remember ever being tempted by a "sale" weapon. Did these overstock weapons always have such low stats compared to the new ones on the home page?