From this weeks TGIF

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JADES, Jan 4, 2020.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OMG.PNG

You gotta be kidding me, after you mess with the counter system?

Micaylah, Kirsten and Chris Groner like this.
  2. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

What a joke, you can't be serious? Penalizing players for playing the game? Way to reward your loyal players.

3. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

im guessing this is low levels complaining about high levels. so keep this feature for under 10k atleast.

Micaylah and JADES like this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

That and if in rivals= null to this rule.

5. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Of course we are targeted as soon as we enter the game. Have been for years. War Mode they wait for me. So in other words this actually supports the players that hide? I maybe reading it wrong. Are you trying destroy the game on purpose? Asking for a friend

6. ivar jansen

ivar jansen New Member

i belive that if lowers are tageted its for a reason, they are in ur feeds as attackers or they been mouthing off in world chat, so if we cant attack those players im afraid its GAME OVER for vc, this is a fighting game so maybe thise players who complaine should think a bit on what that means? and for kano, why make alot of changes that most players dont want? why change a game who works nicely? kano is not the first developer who make changes for no good reason, and i know that mano of those other games are now shut down, like MAFIA WAR from ZYNGA wich was a money making machine but ZYNGA made changes to make more money and the players left sp pls kano stop this nonsens and save viking clan for us that loves this game, its other iisues in this game that is more important for you to deal with than this

7. The Necromancer

The Necromancer New Member

so attacking other people is frowned upon? Can I get extra horses for my farm then please?

Kirsten, Trouble and JADES like this.
  8. Trouble

Trouble New Member

hahahahhaaa .. Kano you defo can't get anymore stupid .. sometimes i really wonder what shit for brains runs in your heads

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

What happened to your old slogan, ""beat the snot out of each other " " ?? You make a fighting game , and we like that and we fight, and now ya don't want us to ????? what did I miss, Oh right feedback, yet you do nothing about a player in PC who consistently empties the health on public raids, on purpose , who does not even want to level or get a reward and you say, basically well he doesn't have to heal them, and that is okay?? Yeah we listed him hundreds of times, cause he is the furthest thing from a serious player and cheap as hell, because he is not a serious player , just a serious punk azz.

Old Salt, Micaylah and JADES like this.
  10. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Instead of addressing the issue of the use of bots and cheating, KANO comes up with something ridiculous like this. tsk tsk.

11. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I believe Kirsten hits a point that may be missed in all the protect the incoming players.

One of the things I always loved about the kano games is that the players policed themselves.

Over the years there have been a number of rather nasty people. The high levels in the game did not tolerate it. When someone stepped over the lines they didn't send a ticket to kano and then sit in world chat trying to get a case built to get them thrown out.

If it was really over the line a ticket was sent in to document but the players simply kept it dead.

However, this worked because a player had to HEAL to play. There was no sitting dead and leveling. Nope you wanted to level you had to HEAL. Unless you were strictly an energy account. to play you had to heal. you had to have health to hit the fight button, you had to have health to hit a boss. There was very little in the game that encouraged people to sit around dead.

Instead of trying to control exactly how we play perhaps look into how to make the game work again.

At this point the changes have removed the core game itself nearly entirely. We've become a game of events. And beyond quests not a one of them require you to use the core game.

In response, trolls have become rampant. Dead talking as we call it is now the norm, not the exception. And instead of applauding players for trying to keep the balance going they are continually given changes that encourage trolling.

Leaving no recourse but tickets.

But oops. too many tickets so now we have a chat that further damages the opportunity for new players to LEARN the game so they do not fall into the trap of being that troll. Instead of allowing us to teach incoming players that hey if you ambush you will likely pay dearly for it. Use protection, we can't warn you that yeah their entire mob/syndicate/armada/faction and likely most of their squad WILL indeed target you.

Instead of giving the old slayers the honor of helping new people avoid the pitfalls to the pvp part of these games, you continue to tell each of us with updates such as this, that gee thanks for the cash but we don't want you here anymore.

Each update further erodes the game that got you these loyal players. Each Update encourages negativity and trolling.

Do you know I was hitlisted every time I healed for a year? Oh it sucked. Believe me. you had to HEAL to play remember back then. But I didn't come to kano and ask you to change your game. No. On the contrary. I invested in building. I made it not worth it for them to list me. And on FB a lot of my FL learned that hard way from myself. Many are great friends now.

When I first tried hunting I was used as a ping pong ball. Frustrated I reached out to squad to find out why. You see. I had NO idea what any of the buttons really did. It was all very abstract and confusing. As I tried out each button I ticked someone off. Squad stepped up. They intervened when they saw I was trying to learn the game. The hitlisting stopped.

Why do I share these stories now? Because it's vital in my opinion that kano understand. It damages the game to continue to update it to make it only for the new player. After all.....what happens when they are no longer new? What is left for them?

In the interest of keeping every new player that enters, there is a real danger of hurting the longevity of the player.

If you only care about the how many signed up and not how many actually PLAY then continue along this path.

However, if you want slayers that 10 years later are still here playing. If you want a game that people or so addicted to that they will come here day after day fretting over their "character" give us our game back.

The games worked. They were popular. Why change the very dynamic that brought you to the top from a little unknown company?

You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

I'm interested in knowing, is it now that kano wishes to please some of the people all of the time? Or will they find the balance that has us all here reading the forums and taking the time to voice our concerns and complaints.

Give us content. Not punishments. Life punishes us enough.

~T~

Justine, Tony Cecil, Pinhead and 4 others like this.
  12. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Thats a question we all ask ourselves.

Micaylah likes this.
  13. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

[​IMG]

Micaylah likes this.
  14. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

So basically... this is the change?
    upload_2020-1-7_19-13-16.png

Sweet idea :p let's use their resources for actions where they get 0 in return.
    Edit: If this truly was a problem, you could have coded it out, you already have the code...
    upload_2020-1-7_19-43-17.png I can't click attack on my rivals, because that person is dead/hospitalized.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well Said, !!!!!!!!!!

Angel withFangs and AlterEgoT like this.
  16. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad:

Every change you make makes the games less like a fighting game and more dull. and sissy like .........you ruined chat, you ruined counters/bushes, you ruined the lottery and now you are ruining fighting even more.
    Why......I don't think you understand the metrics of your own game ......you have an idea of how the game is played BUT have no clue on how players really play it.
    This change sucks.........what next..........Oh I know how about a pay to play
    Did you hire someone from Zygna (mafia wars) on how to destroy a game , step by step ??

Players crying boohoo..i'm getting attacked in a fighting game......oh no boo freaking hoo
    smfh.........you have fight ranges..you have counters/bushes/rigs and PROTECTION smh
    STOP listening to all the FREAKING whiny players who cry over being attack....IT'S a FIGHT game..well at least it is supposed to be

At a certain level and or amount of years playing players should be used to getting attacked ......I can maybe ..and that's a big MAYBE see adding some padding and diapers and tissues in for players under level say 1k or less than 6 months playing but after that suck it up buttercup..and as some of your canned sayings say
    Would you like some cheese with your whine?
    If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!
    Stop crying to my inbox and get yourself a tissue.

May I suggest a new canned reply...If you don't like my attacks, send a ticket in crying to Kano
    Incredible..on the ALL the crappy changes you have made ..just incredible :oops:

:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes::(:mad:

JADES, Seppo, Kirsten and 1 other person like this.
  17. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Well said. This is my thinking exactly. Thank you for putting it in such clear eloquent words.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  18. NightWarrior

NightWarrior New Member

What about the limits on stamina, is there any specific reason why it's limited and now this haha most stupid change i seen in this game.

19. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

This change is pure bullshit, think again or you might be left with a playerbase of zero ......Not much money in that eh?

Kano really should go back a few years and start over from there, when it was still fun playing.......Think about it, we had unlimited worls chat, tavern or lounge, stacking daily awards, no bs protection buttons, free lotto tickets

All these new "features" suck

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  20. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Still saying ban the bots and cheater scripts. Then there would not be so many problems.