Killing your own games

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Valerie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

LCN..Joined 3 years, 220 days ago PC...Joined 1 years, 80 days ago VC...Joined 314 days ago
    I may not have played as long as your long time players but in the time i have been the changes I have seen you make to your games are not improving them...the changes are more like changes to drive players away from the game.
    Lottery tickets, 1 free daily and you could buy additional which I know some players did......now NO freebie pay FPS!!
    Sell back loot items.....NO longer available
    100 FPS for a name change color ...lololololol
    Lounge/tavern chat gone..ok so we all flock to WC......now you changed WC to a 60 second delay.......maybe you need to try a RL convo with a 60 sec delay
    Bushes/Counters.....another stupid change
    LCN ...Battle Royale Only 10 spots remaining for the next Battle Royale, join now and money for 3 FP and fight for the crown!....f major flop, kudos for trying to add something different but well you know
    Quests........another FP sucking event...impossible to complete without spending FPS and the rewards are so random..is it even worth it ??
    Wars...I love Wars but, in order to place 1st all 25 players need to buy all refills...cost 48 fps, and you win 50 fps............ooops sorry you really only really win 2 fps
    Battle Arena..love BA when i am home and can play
    Raids ..hmmm, raids
    Achievements..to far and few in between in the higher levels .......just one example since there are TOO many to name all .......your level up rewards
    in LCN you give a reward every 500 levels 9500, 10000..then at level 10k it's 11k, 12k then you jump to 15k, 20k, 25k
    why not a reward every 1000 levels??
    As I said ALL you achievement rewards start out good and close then POOF huge gaps between rewards

I enjoy your games.....but feel lately it's take take take, I realize you are a business and a businesses goal to be successful is to make money......but I also know that making customers happy also makes a business a success ...yes us players are your customers ..keep us happy

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You left out ability to stack rewards, energy drops almost nill in loot chests. It also seems like almost every day is a different event, making the game more of a chore than fun. :(

Mary Lou, Snowtiger, Hobo and 3 others like this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I knew i'd be missing things Kano has changed/removed :( and i bet there are a few more unwelcome/unwanted/un-needed changes

Mary Lou likes this.
  4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well I know sometime next year I might be leaving these kano app games an the only reason i'm saying this is that they are money hungry an these games are a pay to win now for which I miss the old days :( that is all i'm gonna say.

Mayor of Lammytown likes this.
  5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

IT'S a business..in order for a business to survive /be successful is if people buy the product....I don't mind putting $$ into the game, BUT.....when they keep changing the rules, their rules and making stupid changes..why would i or anyone want to continue to buy the product..hence they are shooting themselves n the foot
    old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

6. Justin the killer

well pretty soon this is gonna be like Hi5 an Zynga gone down the drain an people who put money in there accounts get ripped off ughh this is why I hate this crap they are doing..

Mayor of Lammytown, HJM and Dog Face like this.
  7. Irnbru

Irnbru Member

Bushes/Counters.....another stupid change
    actually this is more balanced now.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for bringing this forward, definitely appreciate the feedback and the honesty. I've shared this post with the team and there's been some good discussion around it already.

It has been a busy year full of changes, but it is good to stop and take stock and posts like these help us do it. We'll have a longer discussion internally about this as this is not the only place we're seeing these kinds of observations. As a team this kind of sentiment is tough to see and we want to do what we can to get it back on the right track. Stay tuned for more updates when I can share them.

Mayor of Lammytown and Snowtiger like this.
  9. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Let's not forget the stupid decision to only let you complete the first 3 cards games once every 3 days because apparently people being able to earn 6FPS a day on them was destabilizing the in game economy.
    :p
    Might as well add the stupid changes to ZS that have negatively affected the game while I'm here.
    Let's start with crates there was a time when you could buy 3 master crates for 85UN, then one day that price went up 106UN.
    Shortly after we were given 5 extra top squad slots and 5 extra hired squad meaning we'd need 150 items (50 weapons/50 gear/ 50 vehicle) to fully kit out our squad, an extra 30 items.
    Wait...did I say 30 extra items... my bad, you then increased the amount of items each squad member carried by 5 (excluding vehicle) so we all now needed 250 weapons 250 Gear and 50 Vehicles....so overnight we the item requirement went up by 430 items.

The above is a direct quote from the kanoapps homepage... When did the players ever state they wanted or needed these changes?
    [/RANT]

10. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Mitch, most of the game changes the couple or three years seem geared towards increasing player spending.

The lottery is an example. Was a way to earn game cash and get rewards as well as chance for the bigger FP jackpot. Now we have to pay to play with the lowest prize smaller than the cost of the ticket . The bottom prize needs to have at least same value as the cost of a ticket

11. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I just have one question Mitch. When Kano started these games a little over 10 years ago, did it ever cross the team's mind that the company would not last long on a online social game without the ability to speak in world chat without a 1 minute delay between responses? As Valerie said, "maybe you need to try a RL convo with a 60 sec delay". I have not liked many of the changes you guys have made lately, but this one with a delay has pretty much put the proverbial nail in the coffin for me. Think about your loved admin blitzes. How do you expect to chat back and forth with the players if you are forced to wait a minute as well before you can answer them? Crazy huh?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Stiletto Babe, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  12. Justin the killer

well guess we are about too lose another player for which I am already seein it on server 2 an they are closing in on 80k RIP lol

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I brought lotto up on different thread as well, on VC S1 doesn't effect me at all, but being newer to VC S2 it directly effects me big time. How exactly are newer players suppose to even gain coin besides hunting is beyond me, other than networking and getting into some high level Inner Circle earnings????

Snowtiger likes this.
  14. Hobo

Hobo Member

I never understood the change from a free lottery to pay to play anyway. It all seems like a gimmick. A real lottery sees ticket buyers contribute to the overall jackpot. That is how the money grews to be paid out. Kano doesnt need our favor points to place in a prize pot. They can just generate as many favor points as they need at the drop of a dime. no pun intended :D

Steven Jordan likes this.
  15. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

The average player has never chatted in world chat. They see it solely as a vehicle of select group of active players to throw insults at each other.

I will go to job chat if I need a boss and post them from time to time in return. No interest in char otherwise. Most of people I play with are same.

16. Hobo

Hobo Member

As passionate as we are about games like these, we have to realize that these games dont love you back. You invest time. You invest money. You bond. You form social relationships. You get to a point where you finally start feeling you can compete or help everyone you've grown with in your syndicate and that is the moment when they pick to end the game or make ongoing questionable changes that leads to the end.

Changes that go against everything that lead players to the game in the first place. As much as we plead and beg they will in the end do what they feel suits them best. Even against the wishes of those who play religiiously day in, day out and are qualified to make fair judgements that benefits everyone. The players The developers. This is why long time players leave. Sometimes you can get a sense of how a games future is unfolding without actually drinking a coffee, sitting in the conference room.

Kirsten and Pinhead like this.
  17. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

:mad:More fun! If the Quests stop counting your syndicate’s actions and you tell the devs and give screenshots, they answer you, but never address it!

Monkey Poo likes this.
  18. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

If these changes to the game is a test to see if you can piss off most players i would say you are doing great......Has anyone left any positive feedback on your recent changes?