10 Years coming to an account near you

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Whogara, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Whogara

Whogara New Member

I've noticed that quite a few players are coming up on their 10 year anniversary. I hope Kano has something nice planned for us.

Geoff

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

which game is 10 years old ??? I know I am coming up on 9 years in a few months in PC not sure when the game was implemented :)

lizg0096 likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

VC and PC will both be 10 this year.

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  4. alexsmith

alexsmith New Member

Its really a good news..

Mojca Maca and lizg0096 like this.
  5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

what good news?? that they are allowing players who only join like 1 year ago out supressing some of us older players like it aint nothing an then you see kano is ripping off players during Events an etc. so not good news! an Some of us are leaving the game us older players who have joined the game 9-10 years so you figure all kano is doing is letting these players who just started too beat our ass for no reason an the players got rewards when they first signup an what did us older players get not a gdmn thing so you go figure none of this up coming new stuff is no good!! an Kano are becoming very greedy an I bet a few players would agree with me on this..who are older accounts like I am.

Micaylah, Tiny Dancer and Ghostie like this.
  6. Hobo

Hobo Member

Sorry man it sucks big time. You invest in your account for so long and out of no where some joker comes along and shovels thousands of dollars into the game to pass you. Paying their way to the top. It is a form of cheating. No better than someone who takes steroids to win a competition. Even though some flush their money down the toilet and brag about a virtual account that could be gone from one day to the next. It is nothing to be proud of for sure.

Micaylah, Kirsten and Ghostie like this.
  7. Kirsten

I agree 100 %, but kano benefits bigly :p

Micaylah and Hobo like this.
  8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

I rather just see them sign this game off to someone else who is more strict an more better doing online Gaming Tech then seein people like Kano ruin this game even further an that is just my opinion an my only! cause I believe there is still hope for this game but they really need to stop letting players who are 1 day old accounts get to the very top an overpowering these older players who have bust there ass all the way to the top an yet they fall cause of Kano bullshit!!

Micaylah likes this.
  9. Hobo

Hobo Member

Yes, you are right. They do and I would rip people off too if i were them. I am personally not so irresponsible with my hard earned money and still getting along in this game just fine without investing a single dime but you know the old saying 'there's a sucker born every minute.' :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Tiny Dancer and Ghostie like this.
  10. Kirsten

True, but then again it is not a charity it is a business, so a little spending is fine, but most events can cost a lot, I have no problem with people spending, I spend, but I know where to draw the line, but I hear ya those that have played for many years, and using those years to build an account that someone can do in a few months now, is annoying. Raids were the first thing to allow that to happen.

Micaylah and Hobo like this.
  11. Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer New Member

I don't give a nickel, either. ;)

Hobo likes this.
  12. Hobo

Hobo Member

lol. I could. Sometimes I want to pay. I guess nobody really likes losing when attacked. I would be very strong if i started to pay but i know it is all a trick to get your cash so I dont. There will always be someone stronger no matter how much you pay. There isnt an endgame so your investment is pointless. Plus I rather share memories with other people about all the incredible places Ive seen in the world from travelling and the great or interesting people I have met. Things that will still be vivid in my mind long after i return home. No one will care about how strong I was on the fightlist of a facebook app if this game ends tomorrow and I will not remember either.

Micaylah, Tiny Dancer and Ghostie like this.
  13. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Sadly I have to agree with you here.
    For folks that have played from the beginning it seems like we are getting the shaft. I can totally grok the incentives Kano has put out for signing up to play thing, that's fairly normal. But there wouldn't be such a fuss-up if they treated us a little nicer, perhaps throw us a bone every once in a while. :( At this point I'm considering quitting PC because of these new "changes" we've experienced in the last year. In a lot of instances it seems like they are stripping down the game to a very basic pay level one. We'll see about VC and it's future with me another time. I am still not ready to give up the friendships I've made there.

And then of course we have the Tavern. Well, no we don't. They tried to monitor our chat by closing Tavern down, and all that accomplished is for Tavern folks to overpower the WC ones. As for the people usually found in WC, well they have mostly disappeared. So essentially the PTB took both Chats away from everybody to be left with the options of "creating" our own groups or talking over the poor folks left in WC from before, and this happens all the time. These few options have been somewhat successful with maybe a few more groups than usual. But then there's the myriad of ridiculous groups some people create just for the fact that they can. They come and go at a pretty fast rate. Well done Kano! How they managed to not see this fallout boggles me. :eek:

Then of course there's the policies that are enforced only depending on the mood someone gets up with in the morning! Myself and a lot of others put up with the bs that was in Tavern Chat, it was part of the whole thing. And that culture has quite happily moved over to WC. We put in tickets and get the same scripted responses over and over, letting these people off the hook for whatever reason. So yet again it seems, the older folks who have complained and know what they're talking about are ignored. When did the "rules" become a "selective" fluid entity? This is unfair for all gamers.

Then there were changes to Raid Bosses and Guild Wars. Again, trying to fix something that obviously wasn't broken, this judging from the comments I'm still hearing! Now there's the change with the lottery. :rolleyes: It's not a big thing but it's yet another attempt at stripping down the game. You really can go too far with that sort of behaviour. :(

So yes to a large degree I am in step with what you are saying. It's too bad Kano isn't.

~Btw...it's gotten so that I am almost afraid to post this for fear of what Kano might do. This is supposed to be constructive criticism with a dash of my own personal views. But who knows how the PTB would react. And that makes me sad.

Micaylah
    10 years, 148 days and counting
    :cool: